Food poisoning

Discussion in 'Mayberry Lounge' started by Flemmy Stardust, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Flemmy Stardust

Flemmy Stardust King of Lea

Pretty sure i had food poisoning last night...one of the worst experiences of my life.

I've never had it before, but immediately after i ate a burrito from qdoba, i felt extra full for way too long. Slowly started feeling feverish and nauseous. I'd say it was around 8:30 when i realized something was off.

For the next 5 hours i was glued to the toilet. I would get dizzy from dehydration, force myself to drink water, and be right back at the toilet. I just decided to go to sleep dehydrated since i couldn't keep anything down.

From 1:30 til 8am i had some of the worst fever dreams I've had in a long time. If you don't get these, they are really bizarre, repetitive, circular dreams/nightmares. When you wake from them it's hard to tell if you had been asleep or just daydreaming. Really weird, and never fun.

So yeah. Fuck Qdoba.

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  2. RerouteToRemain

RerouteToRemain Silver Belt

Had it a couple months ago. Absolutely sucked. I was losing stuff out both ends frequently from midnight till 10am. I was about to go get an iv but I finally kept water down. 3 hours later I tossed it again but from there I was good. My lungs, diaphragm and esophagus area hurt like a mother fucker for the following 3 days. The following day was the worst, it hurt to breathe. I couldn't decide if the day I was tossing everything was worse than the soreness the day after.

3. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

Qdoba: "And that's where we got the name from, because on that day, we had him locked in tight from both sides like a pair of goddamn Chinese fingercuffs."

4. Alpha Omega Man

Alpha Omega Man go on... Banned

a subsidiary of Jack in the Box...is normal...

Nameless Ghoul likes this.
  5. Flemmy Stardust

The worst part was the initial throwing up. There was no liquid for some reason, so i had to dry heave for a while before about half my burrito came up as undigested food. Never had anything like that.

6. Flemmy Stardust

Shit my pants twice

7. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

Did you poop yourself?

I had it a few years ago and it sucks

8. ralphc1

ralphc1 Steel Belt

Taco Bell used the slogan run for the border but it was really run for the bathroom.

fbgn likes this.
  9. SaucyJack

SaucyJack Green Belt

It's a fucking nightmare, for sure. When we still had cable, my ritual would be to stay on the living room couch all day and night with Turner Classic Movies playing. I'm not 100% sure why I started the watching TCM tradition but I think my original reasoning was that I would have these old strange movies playing that I wasn't likely to see again so I wouldn't ruin the movies I love with memories of watching them with food poisoning or a stomach virus. The movies could be good and normal for all I know but it's all now intertwined with fucked up feverish dreams.

I haven't been majorly sick to my stomach since we dropped the cable but when it happens, I don't know what I'm going to do instead.

Reyesnuthugr likes this.
  10. Flemmy Stardust

Not exactly, but the reality is worse and poo talk is frowned upon.

But it was 5 hours of alternating between vomit/diarrhea and cleaning up.

11. BisexualMMA

BisexualMMA Don't Put My Name in the Name of Steroids!

fbgn likes this.
  12. Slobodan

Slobodan Вело ;) Staff Member Senior Moderator

Damn

13. Flemmy Stardust

Most people i talk to don't know what i mean when i bring these up. They are the fucking worst though. Like you're going insane.

14. Monopoly

Monopoly Out of mana.

That fucking sucks, man.

15. Alpha Omega Man

Alpha Omega Man go on... Banned

this thread sounds explosive...but lacks athleticism...

Mike likes this.
  16. Flemmy Stardust

Its a miracle that i didn't in my sleep

17. SaucyJack

SaucyJack Green Belt

Really? I thought that happened to everyone. Now that I think of it, I can't recall anyone else talking about it. One time I got food poisoning the morning after the release of GTA San Andreas. It was a time in my life when I got sucked into the hype and read every bit of info before the game came out and got so excited, I couldn't sleep. Then I got it on release, played all night and ate a whopper that would come back to haunt me.

The next day, the sun kept setting over Los Santos in my head, over and over for hours on end. I still remember the never ending orange glow. Fucked me up big time and made it very difficult to play that damn game that I got so hyped over.

Now that I think of it, that incident could be the reason I avoid things I love while I'm sick and refuse to get sucked into the hype for games and movies anymore.

18. MoparOrNoCar

MoparOrNoCar Black Belt

I've had it twice. Ate old syrup and a Wendy's hamburger. The Wendy's was a normal throw up and crap kind of food poisoning.

The syrup about had me on my death bed. Worst fever I've ever had in my life. 5 days of not being able to keep anything at all down. Thankfully I was about 8 and at that age you can pretty much fall off a 2 story building, land on your head and still make it home in time to watch Salute Your Shorts. I'd be hospitalized if that happened these days. I remember my dad offered to buy me a brand new bike and I said no because I just didn't give a shit about anything other than not feeling sick. That's like equivalent to someone offering to buy you a brand new Corvette these days.

19. Flemmy Stardust

Haha. All i remember about mine from last night was that something needed to be divisible by two for me to get better. That's all i cared about. 2, 4, 6, 8. Over and over.

20. SammyPops

SammyPops Gold Belt

wait- why is poop talk frowned upon? This topic is essentially about near miss poop messes!!!