Following someone to the ground after a knockdown is the worst thing you can do

lol poundmetoo was me you fucking idiot. Nice to see you have an alt account though

No shit it was you dummy. Whoooooosh that went right over your head.

I don't have any alts, bro. Only cans need alts or name changes.

Good arguments are based on fact not "probably".

Strategy is a different topic.
I created the topic and it's about the strategy of not following guys to the ground lol. Just like it good strategy in basketball to foul at the end of the game because they have to make two shots instead of one.

No shit it was you dummy. Whoooooosh that went right over your head.

I don't have any alts, bro. Only cans need alts or name changes.
so you just happened to talk about this the exact same time as another account after almost a year.

Most of the time the guy will be too fucked up to gather his senses and stand up and the ref will need to stop it. If the ref doesn't stop it the guy who just got fucked up will have to stand and bang with you. There is literally zero reason to follow someone to the ground to finish them off. It's also a baller move which make you look better for the judges in case the person isn't finished.

I just rewatched coyboy Oliveria vs Ryan Leflare and Cowboy punches him and walks away and the ref has to stop the fight even thought Leflare is squirming around. If Cowboy hopped on him it would provide an excuse to not stop the fight.

Your a goof..

Just watch kickboxing

Ask Heath Herring that in the 3rd Nog fight. He created Zombie Nog with a gruesome headkick but Nog woke up when he crashed to the canvas. Heath could have easily been the first person to stop him but he got the ref to make Nog stagger up to his feet and ended up letting him off the hook badly

I think that Shane Carwin would be a UFC HW champion if he didn't follow Brock Lesnar to the ground.

But on the other hand, Chael Sonnen following Anderson to the ground was pretty much his only path to victory.

It depends on the fighter and the circumstances. BJ Penn for example did great at finishing people with submissions after dropping them.

Most of the time the guy will be too fucked up to gather his senses and stand up and the ref will need to stop it. If the ref doesn't stop it the guy who just got fucked up will have to stand and bang with you. There is literally zero reason to follow someone to the ground to finish them off. It's also a baller move which make you look better for the judges in case the person isn't finished.

I just rewatched coyboy Oliveria vs Ryan Leflare and Cowboy punches him and walks away and the ref has to stop the fight even thought Leflare is squirming around. If Cowboy hopped on him it would provide an excuse to not stop the fight.
zQZ7uy.gif

Nah...These fighters know what they're signing up for. To dish it....and to take it.

Sometimes you're the hammer, sometimes you're the nail

If you are winning a chess match, and have your opponents number then yes I agree. Worse case of this is soukhumthat(?) vs Sean omalley.

It depends how you follow them. When fighters rock their opponents and then jump into guard or half guard to finish I usually face palm. Why jump into the position that gives your oppoenent the best chance to wrap you up and stall? Circle around to their head. Force them to think and have to spin their body. You have more options and your opponent has to do more than instinctively grab you.

Again I think a lot of the problem is that you have fewer fighters with a high level sub grappling base AND dangerous striking these days, wrestlers generally don't have the natural game to create distance to throw powerful GnP.

Look at what Shogun did to Machida for example, almost instantly moves into mount, pins his head down and lands hig GnP for the finish.

Back