Following sale to Anthem Sports, AXS TV’s days covering MMA may be over

Hell yeah put it on fight pass or espn+ or dazn. Will watch. More more more!

Other dude was literally a punching bag with zero head movement. Went back and watched it twice.. He threw ONE body kick lol.. No punches. He literally ate 25 punches without throwing one back. I'm thinking one of the first shots hurt him, so he went on some weird auto pilot where,all his body remembered to do was walk forward. Buckley has hard and fast punches.
So I take it you wouldn’t expect Buckley to continue to look like that as he moves up.
There also seemed to be some pretty stark hormone-level differences between the two men, in favor of Buckley. I wonder what happens when he is no longer permitted to obtain that advantage.

They just had a FNG card this past weekend and they have KSW 50 in English tomorrow which is an awesome addition to the roster as well as the frequent Combate Americas cards and also EFC & Road FC cards, not to mention Bellator. I also watch a lot of boxing too, so for me $99/year is well worth it.

I saw that KSW is now charging $ pay-per-view and never imagined that it could also be on DAZN. I still don’t get it. I would have thought that DAZN/ppv was an either-or proposition.

I am stoked. When my ardor for MMA cools and I stop watching every promotion I can get my eyes on, I’ll still watch KSW. UFC needs to increase the show-biz factor, and swollen-monsters factor, like KSW, imo.

I saw that KSW is now charging $ pay-per-view and never imagined that it could also be on DAZN. I still don’t get it. I would have thought that DAZN/ppv was an either-or proposition.

I am stoked. When my ardor for MMA cools and I stop watching every promotion I can get my eyes on, I’ll still watch KSW. UFC needs to increase the show-biz factor, and swollen-monsters factor, like KSW, imo.
KFW has been doing online PPVs for a long time. It's about $12 on KSWtv.com if you buy direct. But the deal with DAZN is they show the card live and DAZN only has any of their cards including KSW for 7 days so all their content essentially disappears after that with no archive like Fight Pass.

Just talked with Mark Berry! He said LFA is still going strong and is still in the game! I hope they get of FOX or even Showtime! Probably get picked up by DAZN! Great promotion! Great Matchmaking! If they get big money they will become #2 behind UFC mark my words!

Just talked with Mark Berry! He said LFA is still going strong and is still in the game! I hope they get of FOX or even Showtime! Probably get picked up by DAZN! Great promotion! Great Matchmaking! If they get big money they will become #2 behind UFC mark my words!

You don't actually think they will be #2 do you?

You don't actually think they will be #2 do you?

IF they got big money backing....then yes, yes I do! Why? they know styles make fights! They know how to scout talent! They know the value of talent! Soros has a solid reputation in the business and knows how to build stars (see Anderson silva etc) If they got a big contract from say Fox, they will be bigger than bellator and PFL. But, it's all about money!

Fight Pass is too cheap for me to complain about. But I’m going bitch anyway.

Broadway Boxing and Lumpinee aren;t cutting it for me. Fight Pass needs to scoop up all the 2nd-tier promotions, including LFA, ACA and KSW. It still feels like the average week doesn’t have a single event for me to watch. Feels like.

BTW, who are the people who pay for the obscure regional PPV’s on FITE? Does anyone really shell out 12.99 for a card that’s 1-1 records top to bottom? When you’ve got One FC charging zero? Yet somehow FITE is in business.

Bitching done.
I have wondered this myself. Who are people buying these PPV's?

I have wondered this myself. Who are people buying these PPV's?
The only answer I can think of is guys capping fights who are looking for tape and can’t find it elsewhere. Then maybe family members of the fighters. But add that up and it has to be no more than a handful of people.

It’s a mystery.

AXS/HD NET was great back in the day. But currently I rarely turn it on for MMA.

Also my understanding is they paid the minor orgs almost nothing for the media rights. Maybe someone like DAZN will come in and pay them a lot more per an event than the crumbles they are getting now.

HDNet was awesome but tbh I'm surprised it lasted this long. I don't think I knew a single person aside from myself who had it. Most didn't even know it existed. I remember watching K-1/Dynamite shows at 2am wondering who the fk else was watching this right now (legally), if anyone.

The only answer I can think of is guys capping fights who are looking for tape and can’t find it elsewhere. Then maybe family members of the fighters. But add that up and it has to be no more than a handful of people.

It’s a mystery.

Maybe locals who couldn't attend the live event?

Back