Folks are getting gutter covers. Any advice?

sub_thug

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So my folks are getting a new room after some hail damage, and to go with the new roof, they are getting some new gutters. My mom let me know that they are getting some gutter covers to keep the leaves from piling up and clogging the gutters. I was really happy to hear this, as the idea of my 60 y/o pops climbing a ladder that my mom is holding steady (their yard has a significant hill) is something that I'm a bit concerned about. If I drive up there in the spring and fall, I try to make sure that I do this task for them before I leave, but that's not always possible. I have never been a home owner, but I wanted to know anything that Sherdog might know about the topic. Do these gutter covers work? Are some better than others? Enlighten me!

Get ones that have logos of ur favorite sports team of course

Make sure they are the mesh wire ones. The ones that have the weird cover flap over them suck.

Make sure they are the mesh wire ones. The ones that have the weird cover flap over them suck.

Everything gets stuck in the mesh type. The small sticks catch and they catch the leaves then you have to go take them off or everything runs over the gutter.

Everything gets stuck in the mesh type. The small sticks catch and they catch the leaves then you have to go take them off or everything runs over the gutter.

This is what I’ve seen as well. Do some research, because there are styles that work fairly well (I don’t need them and don’t know the best ones). But nothing eliminates the need to go up and clean things out once in a while. They make a wand attachment for the garden hose to clean them from ground level, but I have no idea how well it works.

They work, but you still need to get your ass up there every once in a while to clear off leaves. Otherwise they'll just weigh the covers down into the guttaaaaaaaaas

So my folks are getting a new room after some hail damage, and to go with the new roof, they are getting some new gutters. My mom let me know that they are getting some gutter covers to keep the leaves from piling up and clogging the gutters. I was really happy to hear this, as the idea of my 60 y/o pops climbing a ladder that my mom is holding steady (their yard has a significant hill) is something that I'm a bit concerned about. If I drive up there in the spring and fall, I try to make sure that I do this task for them before I leave, but that's not always possible. I have never been a home owner, but I wanted to know anything that Sherdog might know about the topic. Do these gutter covers work? Are some better than others? Enlighten me!
Get that new shit that is like a sponge. You lay it in the gutter and it allows water through but doesn't let anything else lay on top.

Get that new shit that is like a sponge. You lay it in the gutter and it allows water through but doesn't let anything else lay on top.

That's gold, Jerry! That's gold!

Back