Fnf 05/23/2014

So 3am EST to 6am EST is prime time and it is "possible" that there will be a really active 100-400 per hour, or it may fizzle out, huh? Sounds intriguing. Not sure I can make it, though. Might set the alarm for 4:30am EST to take a peek, but I would probably just slap it off if it went off.

My youngest (10) just ran in and said she saw one. A single one. Is that even possible at this hour? I guess I'll go take a look.

When is it?

I mean tonight, obviously, but when is it heavy?

And can it be viewed from Cincinnati, too? It's clear here. Very clear.

they are saying 2am est .... this could be massive about 200 an hour. as an example Geminid, the late year shower , is expected to drop about 75 an hour( a season high drop).. If it comes off it could be just plain awesome.

Look North. that depends on what you have facing that way..

Last edited:
So 3am EST to 6am EST is prime time and it is "possible" that there will be a really active 100-400 per hour, or it may fizzle out, huh? Sounds intriguing. Not sure I can make it, though. Might set the alarm for 4:30am EST to take a peek, but I would probably just slap it off if it went off.

My youngest (10) just ran in and said she saw one. A single one. Is that even possible at this hour? I guess I'll go take a look.

May have just been a shooting star.

I've seen some awesome meteor showers with the wife. I remember one years ago, I swear I could hear them.

I'll be up. Its partly cloudy up here, not sure if I'll be able to, but definitely checking it out.

yep, clear now but supposed to be about the same later.. i am getting up anyway..

Of course it could have been one...

I would like to stay up but I'm already weak. I'm going to try. It's 55 and totally clear here, tonight. Would there be any now? I guess I should check. I will report back.

Saw one after watching for 10/15 minutes. Got chilly. I have a jacket on over t-shirt and shorts from earlier. Headed back out to give it another 10/15 at 1:30. The one was very impressive. 5 shooting stars clustered into one fireball-looking meteor. Good stuff. But I need more action this time to not nod off. I'm ready to rest my neck. Thanks for the heads up. I was unaware until stopping in here and if nothing else, I saw one.

Back