Media Fmr UFC fighter Nam Phan almost gets beat by old Kung Fu guy

Lotta people here didn't see the video, & aren't nearly as perceptive as they think.

Look, obviously Nam hasn't had quality training in a long time. He's old, has ridiculous wear & tear, can't move or make the most of opportunities like he used to. He can't even hit as hard as he used to. He's not old enough for his power to go but he is beat up enough for his power to go, think about it. His cardio is gone too.

It's not completely dicked out of someone to say that Nam Phan wasn't ever elite in the MMA world, and won't ever be elite in the boxing world.

This is inarguable considering that man should've been dropped right away, with his entire fucking body ripe for getting pummeled at every single second of the fight. Head stuck out there, lead leg wanting to get chopped, and body completely upright and begging to get worked. He's crossing his feet, running while trying to wildly swing like Thiago Silva...

Nam Phan did not make the most of those openings up until around the 19 minute mark. It's not like the Kung Fu dude made Nam truly pay for anything at all throughout the entirety of the bout either.

The Kung Fu guy was just pushing Nam, not really making Nam work or seriously hurting him anymore than Nam is used to. No punishment of note.

He almost came across like some dude who just happens to have an idea of how to throw a teep. He sucked, so did Nam. Nothing new. Only thing Nam really had was halfway decent round punches

Guy asks for rules restricting a pro, guy tries to beat up pro, guy impresses people that don't know what they're watching, guy gets knocked the fuck out by pro.

lol im not sensitive

your response is like when you are in school and the fat kid gets called fat and he responds no you are FAT. you are the one worked up and sensitive here not I. but yet you just emotionally respond with no you are sensitive lmao

you guys are too much man. Seriously why insult me over and over if you are not emotional or sensitive, I dont go around calling peoples threads garbage, this hit home and is personal to you I am guessing.

The video shows Nam thinking he would destroy a kung fu guy easily but the kung fu guy was able to hang and only started losing when he got tired and the adrenaline wore off.

People are getting on you because you're making too much of this, man. Just chill.
Shit happens in the gym. Sometimes guys can come in off the street & make a seasoned pro look like hot garbage for a round or two. It happens. It's no big deal. Professional fighters are human, dude. We're not always going to look or be in top form right from the get-go. Sometimes it takes a little bit to get warmed up & into the proceedings. Especially when at a size disadvantage and/or in there with an individual with an awkward style.
For instance, there was a guy in my gym that I used to spar with that was pretty much awful once he got into the ring to fight. He had no amateur fights & he finished with a 1-21 record as a pro. But, he was a 6'5" middleweight who was all arms & elbows when he got in there to spar & for some reason he always gave me fits in the gym. I was a better fighter than he was but you'd never know it if you saw some of our sparring. LOL.
So, don't be too hard on Pham. He may very well be as shot as you say he is or he may have just had a few frustrating minutes in the gym. That's all.

"Almost gets beat"

Wtf are you talking about? Are you one of those people that thinks Clay Guida is a good and exciting fighter because he moves around a lot? Nam was literally in light-spar mode, and the dude was certainly moving a lot but landing absolutely nothing lmao.

Lotta people here didn't see the video, & aren't nearly as perceptive as they think.

Look, obviously Nam hasn't had quality training in a long time. He's old, has ridiculous wear & tear, can't move or make the most of opportunities like he used to. He can't even hit as hard as he used to. He's not old enough for his power to go but he is beat up enough for his power to go, think about it. His cardio is gone too.

It's not completely dicked out of someone to say that Nam Phan wasn't ever elite in the MMA world, and won't ever be elite in the boxing world.

This is inarguable considering that man should've been dropped right away, with his entire fucking body ripe for getting pummeled at every single second of the fight. Head stuck out there, lead leg wanting to get chopped, and body completely upright and begging to get worked. He's crossing his feet, running while trying to wildly swing like Thiago Silva...

Nam Phan did not make the most of those openings up until around the 19 minute mark. It's not like the Kung Fu dude made Nam truly pay for anything at all throughout the entirety of the bout either.

The Kung Fu guy was just pushing Nam, not really making Nam work or seriously hurting him anymore than Nam is used to. No punishment of note.

He almost came across like some dude who just happens to have an idea of how to throw a teep. He sucked, so did Nam. Nothing new. Only thing Nam really had was halfway decent round punches

Guy asks for rules restricting a pro, guy tries to beat up pro, guy impresses people that don't know what they're watching, guy gets knocked the fuck out by pro.
Nam should just stick to training fighters, I dont know why he continues taking beatings in club and ball room boxing matches not good for his health especially how heavy his tongue is now when he speaks

Yeah and one of the bullies on MTV's Bully Beatdown almost KO'd Jake Shields ROFL.

Nam came across as an ass. Less sympathy for his condition now.

Nam Phan rises to the occasion in amateur bouts. Don't forget him beating up the bully.

The big guy was walking him down in the beginning, but Nam was landing a lot of shots while backing up.

Did not look like he was going to lose at any point in this video

Lol just stop, the size difference is only in height nam is a trained fighter this kung fu guy has zero pro bouts yet before he started gassing he was getting the better of nam
Only in height? It looks like Sagat vs Ryu in there

How is this Kung Fu?

He's just boxing terribly and throwing extremely telegraphed leg kicks

Meh... It's not like Nam is some world beater he's a 21-17, 36 year old past prime Journeyman MMA fighter. He's also 3-8 in pro boxing. They also were just doing a stand up only fight and the guy was a lot bigger than him. Nam paced himself and ended up putting the dude to sleep.

Last edited:
Nam was clearly the better fighter here throughout the fight. He pieced up a guy much larger than himself, who obviously knew how to throw a punch. His opponent had no defense, Nam recognized that, and with the guy's lack of conditioning, destroyed him. At no point did I see Nam phased. Even with his shitty record, Nam was never going to lose this.

jesus christ, that was embarrassing for both men. not sure who it was MORE embarrassing for

Dude got wrecked.
That was irresponsible how they let him restart after finally standing up (stumbling on the first attempt) after getting KO'd and Nam walking away. Why would you ever restart that fight?

He did tag nam hard early and often for the first minute, then he was dominated. Pro fighter or not the guy was trained and had a size advantage. Plus nam gave him his props at the end of the video and admitted he was getting tagged until cardio caught up.

And I'm not a nam fan.

Kung Fu Guy vs Chuck?

So swinging wild for a couple of minutes and getting KTFO is almost winning a fight now?

<YeahOKJen>

I’m sure I’d get a smaller past prime pro fighter to cover up for a bit if I came out full steam, too. They’re used to sparring hard/fighting, I’m not. I’d probably end up like the guy in the vid, though, and I know that. I’d consider myself a loser in that bout and I bet that guy doesn’t walk around telling people that ”he got his licks in” against a pro UFC fighter. Lol

TS is trolling and got a fair bit of reaction with this stuff.

he might also be an idiot
<[analyzed}>

The ref should not have allowed the guy to get back up. He was clearly done.

He must idolize the one and only mario ;))
Mario-Yamasaki-referee.jpg

Guy might have knocked out Nam if he was wearing gloves.

Back