Fmr. Def sec. Mattis allegedly ignored orders from Trump/WH on Iran and North korea

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Caudillo, Apr 30, 2019.

1. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

Your wife has had bigger than you in her past
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/thehil...mp-white-house-on-north-korea-iran-report?amp

The president thinks out loud. Do you treat it like an order? Or do you treat it as part of a longer conversation? We treated it as part of a longer conversation," a former senior national security official told The New Yorker.

"We prevented a lot of bad things from happening."

In 2017, following a series of North Korean ballistic missile tests, Trump ordered the Pentagon to begin removing the spouses and children of military personnel from South Korea, where the U.S. military has a base. An administration official told the magazine that "Mattis just ignored" the order.

As Iraq was preparing for parliamentary elections in late 2017, McMaster was worried about any meddling from Iran and asked the Pentagon to give options to counter such a move.

A former McMaster aide said Mattis later sent a Pentagon official to the White House without any options in hand.

Mattis also reportedly prevented Gen. John Nicholson, then head of U.S. forces in Afghanistan, from meeting Trump.

After Bolton replaced McMaster, he asked the Pentagon for multiple options in April 2018, after Syrian President Bashar Assad dropped chemical weapons on civilians in a suburb of Damascus. Mattis gave only one option, a limited strike with cruise missiles, which angered Bolton.

Administration officials told the magazine that Mattis was likely attempting to limit information to Trump so he could not make ill-advised decisions.

"There are a lot of people in the administration who want to limit the president's options because they don't want the president to get anything done," a former senior administration official said.

2. m25105

m25105 Black Belt

Big loss to the Trump administration when Mattis resigned. I can understand why so many Americans are proud of him.

3. Gregolian

Gregolian .45 ACP Platinum Member

FLOL no, Mad Dog aka Chaos aka Lord Mattis just prevented Bolton/Trump and those dumbs from stepping on their own dicks then blaming Mattis for them (Bolton/Trump) for being idiots.

7437, HockeyBjj and Rational Poster like this.
  4. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

Deep atate against Trump confirmed
    Is it really? He ignores orders from the commander in chief and NSC is not a good thing. Or is it?

5. KONG-D'SNT-TAP

KONG-D'SNT-TAP Titanium Belt

Trump is a no nothing buffoon. Thank goodness people around him realized that.

6. Gregolian

In the case of WarHawk fucknuts like Bolton and Trump that have never been shot at by someone in anger or seen combat.. yes... not doing what they want is a good thing.

Him not giving McMaster what he wants is a bit weird to me given McMaster is also of a military background but Mattis could have viewed McMaster as a puppet/pussy too.

Everyone I know personally that was a Marine during the invasion of Iraq has said this representation of Mattis and his interactions with people he views as not doing their job is pretty spot on. Only issue they have with it is how the show made Dowdy look incompetent when in fact he was overly cautious trying to protect his guys.

JDragon likes this.
  7. Joe

Joe :l

I read about this yesterday. any other time it would be a huge story that the president is being misled and given limited military options because he is not competent enough to handle them.

8. bushman505

bushman505 Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

“Know”.....

9. Bobby 3 Sticks

Bobby 3 Sticks Purple Belt

Goddamn Mattis is a beast

PolishHeadlock2 and Gregolian like this.
  10. Happy Man

Happy Man Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

Trump wanted out of the wars if I remember correctly. It’s the asshats like pompeo, kuschner, and Bolton telling him he can’t.

And the fuckin liberal media, telling braindead fuckwits that any removal of troops or deescalation done by trump shows he’s a kremlin agent Putin puppet.

That nonsense has real repercussions.

11. Happy Man

Happy Man Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

I’m on both sides. Fuck giving Bolton any options for starting more wars

12. TheBlondBomber

TheBlondBomber Brown Belt

Know nothing*

Brodels and Mr Holmes like this.
  13. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

I dont think he has real care. Do think he is a sympathetic to zionism, european/white nationalism, i mean USA was built as a white christian country and its founders intended it to be that but secular. Think he legit dislikes islam. Sees china as a threat and knows the threat of "we are all equal". And mass immigration from the 3rd world. Other than that he likes power and money. And generally wants US to remain an economic power house. Conflict with those countries will only assure fuether American global hegemony but also make the world more multipolar.

14. FloridaCracker

FloridaCracker Steel Belt

I fucking hate that scene (which was completely made up by HBO). Mattis, whose top concern was beating the US Army to Baghdad, is scum for what he did to Dowdy.
    He also abandoned ODA 574 in Afghanistan.

15. Gregolian

My understanding is everyone loves Mattis, but agrees he did Dowdy dirty.

I have no idea what the ODA 574 thing is though admittedly.

16. Caudillo

Caudillo Banned Banned

I think other than some islamist fighters.

Gone are the days where leaders abd the war momgerers woupd actually go into direct battle and put themselves in harms way. War and conquest is fun empire games and from a top down perspective or outside the battle field can be great. But again few who organize it or advocate it (Bolton and bureaecrats) are the ones doing the dying and bleeding. Even if some of them served in the army these types often go into intelligence or somewhere not combat. Which in any regular army non combat jobs are like 90% of jobs.

Then the ones who are cut out for in the dirt killing. Rarely seem to have the qualities or drive to become the leadera conducting the next war. Like the types who become mercenaries after military service.

17. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Steel Belt

The worst part about Mattis? The casting!! ayooooo!!!!!

Gregolian likes this.
  18. Michaelangelo

Michaelangelo Okay USA Platinum Member

Bolton on borrowed time imo

[​IMG]

19. Juventud

Juventud Black Belt

Mattis has seen enough shit for 5 lifetime's and Trump is still too crazy for him.

20. rearnakedchoke

rearnakedchoke Suck it!

Seems like most of trumps crew are used to ignoring that blowhard.