Flyweights suck because they dont finish right?

I don't really care about size too much. Rigondeaux's my favorite boxer and DJ is my 3rd favorite mma fighter.

The Flyweight weight Division is my favorite Division to watch, Flyweights have incredible technique and not to mention but speed! I love watching guys like Dodson, Benavidez, they have everything you would want to watch. Footwork, Technique, Speed, Power, athleticism, if your a true fight fan you will respect any Division no matter how tall or how much they weigh.

The Flyweight weight Division is my favorite Division to watch, Flyweights have incredible technique and not to mention but speed! I love watching guys like Dodson, Benavidez, they have everything you would want to watch. Footwork, Technique, Speed, Power, athleticism, if your a true fight fan you will respect any Division no matter how tall or how much they weigh.

The Steez knows what's up :cool:

no the Flyweights suck because they have no technique, no speed, no conditioning and they always end up gassing and doing sloppy brawling after about two minutes.

#eyeroll

The skill level is pretty insane when you watch a good flyweight match - they really exemplify MMA in the sense that there seems to be an ocean of nonstop transitioning between wrestling-submission-kickboxing happening seamlessly at a high pace.

The amount and general variety of technique you see is off the charts.

Dodson is most certainly special in the KO power department but pretty much all of the top guys in that division are ridiculously talented at everything.

It's not so much that they don't have finishes, it's the perception that they can't finish me (the casual fan) in a fight.

When I look at someone like Anthony Pettis, I am thinking that guy will seriously fuk me up if we were ever to meet in a dark alley he would kick my ribs off. But if I saw Demetrious Johnson, I would think, hmm maybe i'll stand a chance even if I don't, i'll think I would survive. But someone like GSP would absolutely maul me.

That's the difference. Flyweights are just not larger than life that makes it easy for most people to go "wow, that guy is scary."

That's was my objective opinion.
But I am small myself so I love watching the flyweights.

lol. I love reading this shit.

You know you're wrong, you know it's stupid, but still you're going to hold onto that feeling that maybe you can survive a fight with a 125er.

I think that stems from something else rather than enjoyment of MMA.

dodsonfail.gif

Reel lyfe ninja shit.

Dodson's punching is the exception at FLW.

His punching statistics are a complete anomaly at that weight.

That's one thing I like about him. He shows up to fight.
He doesn't touch people and then run away, and then randomly take them down for no reason for about two seconds, like certain other guys in his weight class.

The lighter weight classes is where it's at. Leaps and bounds more talent and their pace can't be beat.

It's sad that the idiotic "tee hee look at the midgets" menality exists and these guys will receive less praise and pay than a couple of HW's who gas during Buffer's intro.

The lower weight classes are growing on me. I like JD and Mike McDonald (a lot) but when I see people in here defending them so adamantly it kind of makes me not care. You don't see LHW, MW, HW or whatever weight fans coming around Sherdog telling people they are mentally retarded for not digging what they like. If people don't like seeing little dudes beat each other up (even if that includes KO's) that's up to them. If I tell a Euro NFL is the shit and you are retarded for not liking it, they probably would be hesitant to even watch an NFL game.

lol. I love reading this shit.

You know you're wrong, you know it's stupid, but still you're going to hold onto that feeling that maybe you can survive a fight with a 125er.

I think that stems from something else rather than enjoyment of MMA.
Men believe they inherently know how to fight. It doesn't surprise me this delusion hits its peak with casual fans.

fan1.gif

The lower weight classes are growing on me. I like JD and Mike McDonald (a lot) but when I see people in here defending them so adamantly it kind of makes me not care. You don't see LHW, MW, HW or whatever weight fans coming around Sherdog telling people they are mentally retarded for not digging what they like. If people don't like seeing little dudes beat each other up (even if that includes KO's) that's up to them. If I tell a Euro NFL is the shit and you are retarded for not liking it, they probably would be hesitant to even watch an NFL game.
I hope you realize these threads are a response to the people who ignorantly bash these fighters. If someone bashed MW-HW and talked a bunch of shit about them, I would "defend" those fighters too, and have.

I hope you realize these threads are a response to the people who ignorantly bash these fighters. If someone bashed MW-HW and talked a bunch of shit about them, I would "defend" those fighters too, and have.

Bro, YOU are in every thread about these little dudes. Last one I was in a few months ago I thought you must have been like 5'4'' 125lbs yourself but you said you were normal build. I don't even see a ton of people shitting on the lower weights these days. I feel like it's more people wanting to defend them. Like I said, they are growing on me but there are still plenty of fighters I don't want to watch in those classes just like there are guys I don't watch 155 and above. I just don't care what people watch in MMA and don't feel like I should be told I'm stupid if I don't dig a certain weight class.

Back