Fly Superlace boxing gloves and Superbar headgear first impressions

MinataurMax

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I was lucky enough to chance upon these and had to get them.
This is a first impressions of the gear for those of you who are curious or on the fence on buying them.
I hope the video is clear and am happy to answer any questions.
Have a great day!

I was lucky enough to chance upon these and had to get them.

This is a first impressions of the gear for those of you who are curious or on the fence on buying them.

I hope the video is clear and am happy to answer any questions.

Have a great day!

How have the workouts been? I bought the superlace x's maybe a year ago. I've only used them intermittently because I do Muay Thai more than boxing and I only use the Fly's for regular boxing generally. But anyway they are SOFT. Really soft. Like almost to the point where I don't like using them because they kinda hurt my knuckles. Especially if I jump on a bag with them for a round or two after sparring. Ive taken to switching gloves often when I do that now. Theyre still a well made product, I'm not getting rid of them but I'm not over the moon. How have you found them?

As a separate matter I'll note that if you register on the FLY website and put something in your cart but don't buy it, you start getting texts in a few days. I.e. "we see you didn't finish checking out. We'll give you 5% off that cart." I didn't respond. Then they went to 10% off, 15% off, and I think they even went to 20% off at which point I bought them. I dont know if they still do that but it's worth a shot IMHO.

How have the workouts been? I bought the superlace x's maybe a year ago. I've only used them intermittently because I do Muay Thai more than boxing and I only use the Fly's for regular boxing generally. But anyway they are SOFT. Really soft. Like almost to the point where I don't like using them because they kinda hurt my knuckles. Especially if I jump on a bag with them for a round or two after sparring. Ive taken to switching gloves often when I do that now. Theyre still a well made product, I'm not getting rid of them but I'm not over the moon. How have you found them?

As a separate matter I'll note that if you register on the FLY website and put something in your cart but don't buy it, you start getting texts in a few days. I.e. "we see you didn't finish checking out. We'll give you 5% off that cart." I didn't respond. Then they went to 10% off, 15% off, and I think they even went to 20% off at which point I bought them. I dont know if they still do that but it's worth a shot IMHO.

I have yet to use them as I am putting my BAYONETA mexican boxing gloves through their paces. I will start on the FLYs next week, will let you know after a bit of use.
How long ago did you buy your FLYs? 16oz? The 'older' FLYs have a reputation of being softer...
I assume by softer you mean your knuckles go all the way through and contact the bag?

20% off! that is awesoome! I only got up to 10% then they ghosted me :)

I have yet to use them as I am putting my BAYONETA mexican boxing gloves through their paces. I will start on the FLYs next week, will let you know after a bit of use.

How long ago did you buy your FLYs? 16oz? The 'older' FLYs have a reputation of being softer...

I assume by softer you mean your knuckles go all the way through and contact the bag?

20% off! that is awesoome! I only got up to 10% then they ghosted me 

Got them a year ago. Yes the knuckles push far through.

I used them for the first time today on heavt bags. The padding is soft, but my knuckles did not go all the way through.
So my questions to you are:
1) Do you punch really hard? How heavy are you?
2) Fly X older mmodels are known to have softer padding, I donot think my padding is that soft. It is soft buy not punch right through soft. So maybe FLY took the feedback of customers and made the knuckle padding a little denser.
3) Did it punch right through on day one or did it gradually get more painfyul?
4) I am aware that heavy blokes (more force behind their punchers due to sheer weight) have opted to get 18oz. How many oz are your gloves?

Do you spar? It doesn't appear like you do in your videos.

Do you spar? It doesn't appear like you do in your videos.
Been putting it off as I have a nose big enough to have it’s own plane hanger. I start next week. Good eye! Thanks for watching my videos!

How long you been sparring for? What headgear you use?

Been putting it off as I have a nose big enough to have it’s own plane hanger. I start next week. Good eye! Thanks for watching my videos!

How long you been sparring for? What headgear you use?
I spar Fridays. I had to, it was a spectacle to see so much high end gear.

Do you have a coach?

I used them for the first time today on heavt bags. The padding is soft, but my knuckles did not go all the way through.

So my questions to you are:

1) Do you punch really hard? How heavy are you?

2) Fly X older mmodels are known to have softer padding, I donot think my padding is that soft. It is soft buy not punch right through soft. So maybe FLY took the feedback of customers and made the knuckle padding a little denser.

3) Did it punch right through on day one or did it gradually get more painfyul?

4) I am aware that heavy blokes (more force behind their punchers due to sheer weight) have opted to get 18oz. How many oz are your gloves?

Mine are 16's. Honestly I'm not sure how hard I punch comparatively, lol! They're still in good shape, I still use them in rotation with my other 16's. But if i know im going to be doing a big bag workout as well as spar I bring a second pair of gloves . I dont mean to say they're awful. They're fine. It's not really that a single punch hurts. It's more like a pair of shoes that feel fine but after wearing them for 5 hours you realize your feet hurt.

Anyway not a big thing. Was just curious about your experience.

Back