Fly sports uk boxing gloves?

Does anyone know how to compress photos? Mine are too large. I tried following the sherdog FAQ tips but that app thing isnt showing up.

anyone else tried these gloves? Need another pair of gloves and trying to decide these or winnings?

So after some use i have to say i really like them. I don't want to be that guy that says don't buy winning, buy these. I really liked winning. theres something about the brand logo an cleanliness of Winning that is still great to have in the arsenal but im glad i have these Fly's. Theyre honestly more comfortable than winning IMO. the hand compartment is like a fuckin cloud dude. it has the right amount of padding to be a smaller 16 oz glove compared to some but the padding is so good it still has the winning pillow feel. maybe a tad denser. i have zero issues with the Fly thumb which is my issue with almost every glove. im about to do my sabas review n youtube. thinking of getting some grants though. have to save up a little more. anyone know how grants are?

I just recieved my pair of the 16oz superlace gloves in the black and gold. I'll put pictures up in a bit. But here's a quick review so far after 2 uses on pads and light bag work:

First impression I was actually a little upset because it didnt come with the dope ass box it usually does. Idk why but I only got the gloves in that soft bag and a regular box. To me the box was supposed to be a part of the experience ordering from fly. It came fairly quick, I got them a little over 2 weeks after i ordered them, so pretty quick shipping. The smell is different. I'm used to that heavy Mexican style leather smell and was kind of surprised at the difference. It does smell good though, just different.

I picked the gloves up and they feel light but again, used to the Mexican style that are sometimes heavier than 16 ounces. Havnt gotten to weigh them accurately yet. The stitching is on point. I didnt notice many flaws. I was nitpicking one of the ends of the stitching and was thinking it could be a little cleaner but I'll let you guys give your opinion when I can get back home to upload pics.

putting them on, I was instantly satisfied. I've owned winning before and i didnt think any glove could have a better thumb. Fly does IMO. Its like slipping on a latex glove with felt on the inside it was incredible. They're on the snug side but have a little more give on the interior padding. My hands are big for my size(5'8", 155). I lair these with my fortress boxing handwraps(I dont use the corresponding short wraps that come with it, I either use tape over the fastwrap or winning VL-B handwraps due to them being on the thin side.

Hitting with them was amazing. The padding in the knuckle isnt very dense, it has more give than I expected. I was expecting denser padding. I have absolutely no pressure points in these gloves, they are so comfy I dont want to take them off.

Overall I'm pleased with the gloves. I'm excited to use them more, but part of me just wants to wear them in the mirror and not actually use them. I know the price point for people is pretty high and I'm not too happy that I forked out 415 dollars but I'd recommend them to anyone. They're great gloves so far.
Do you just use these for sparring or pad/bag work as well I am thinking of getting a pair for training (not sparing)

good gloves but a waste of money, much better options out there for the price
Do you just use these for sparring or pad/bag work as well I am thinking of getting a pair for training (not sparing)
No I used them on the bag and pads as well. They pop really well on the bag and also the thumbs is great co.pared to my sabas. I hurt my thumb almost everytime I hit the bag.

No I used them on the bag and pads as well. They pop really well on the bag and also the thumbs is great co.pared to my sabas. I hurt my thumb almost everytime I hit the bag.
Hey mate how are they holding up? Reason I ask is I was really tempted by a pair as people keep saying they are better than winning but I looked at a guys at the gym today he has had them around 6 months and the padding on one looked really worn, well a big dent in it if that makes sense so I am really not sure now as wanted them for training gloves not sparing gloves. He also had a pair of the new X range they looked really nice and synthetic leather looked good too just concerned about the padding.

Hey mate how are they holding up? Reason I ask is I was really tempted by a pair as people keep saying they are better than winning but I looked at a guys at the gym today he has had them around 6 months and the padding on one looked really worn, well a big dent in it if that makes sense so I am really not sure now as wanted them for training gloves not sparing gloves. He also had a pair of the new X range they looked really nice and synthetic leather looked good too just concerned about the padding.

I would love someone to review the new synthetic X range.

I would love someone to review the new synthetic X range.
Fit2Box will review them, but I'm guessing the review will just say they are as good as the real leather version basically and practically identical.

Fit2Box will review them, but I'm guessing the review will just say they are as good as the real leather version basically and practically identical.

Ah, ok, thank you.

I do wish Fly gloves weren't so expensive. I'd like to try them myself.

The padding is identical on the X vs the normal model as is the construction. The synethetic leather felt good to me to be honest.....I will take a closer look next week at them if I get chance.

My biggest concern is the longevity of the padding.

He has reviewed them already - and the rest of their synthetic line. Predictably gushing.

He has reviewed them already - and the rest of their synthetic line. Predictably gushing.

<Lmaoo> Im starting to think the fit2box guys hands isn’t the only place he puts his Fly gloves on...

2F483C59-635A-45C1-9CBA-9F418800AA73.gif

It’s advertized as having absolutely everything the Super Lace Leather gloves have just with Synthetic Leather. Black and white models are Sold out already btw...

The standard Fly glove is made in the UK. The Fly X is made in China, but "finished" or "finalised" or something like that in the UK. This is according to the F2B guy, who may well be in Fly's pocket... He doesn't seriously probe the question of what "finished" in the UK actually means, but whatever it means, he's really impressed by it. "An extra level of QA" blah blah blah...

The standard Fly glove is made in the UK. The Fly X is made in China, but "finished" or "finalised" or something like that in the UK. This is according to the F2B guy, who may well be in Fly's pocket... He doesn't seriously probe the question of what "finished" in the UK actually means, but whatever it means, he's really impressed by it. "An extra level of QA" blah blah blah...

They say the padding is the same as the regular Fly range..so maybe they're cutting the synthetic leather and doing some of the stitching there in China and then sending it to the UK where it's padded and final stitching done?

They say the padding is the same as the regular Fly range..so maybe they're cutting the synthetic leather and doing some of the stitching there in China and then sending it to the UK where it's padded and final stitching done?

Yeah, quite possibly; I have no idea. It just struck me as a bit strange.

As long as the gloves still do what they're meant to do, it doesn't matter I guess.

Back