Fly design change

Brandon Robinson

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
I just wanted to upload these comparisons as I feel it's being discussed a bit lately

All 16oz.

Fly X augsist/ September ish 2021velcro 16oz
Screenshot_20210816-170533_Discord.jpg

Fly X black friday last year lace 16oz
Screenshot_20210816-170519_Discord.jpg

Fly premiums roughly 3 months ago 16oz Screenshot_20210816-170526_Discord.jpg
I'd appreciate if someone who had a pair of fly premiums from August last year or earlier could post a photo

Reactions: CJ1
Some general photos between old fly x's and modern fly premiumsScreenshot_20210816-172207_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210816-172211_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210816-172215_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20210816-172220_Gallery.jpg

Keeping in mind when I got my fly xs they were supposedly the same as the fly premiums at the time just with synthetic leather

@Brandon Robinson here are my ox blood premiums they look very similar to yours in terms of shape never had the x range gloves only there groin guard and face saver so these are comparing them to my winnings

0D875540-65E6-403E-9FB3-02C2621FADE7.jpeg F684B4E6-C4DE-49ED-A1EB-099D6A2C98E2.jpeg 8BE11F9C-3852-4E42-A3DA-20259D91E709.jpg

I will say, the ones fit2box has in this video look a lot closer to the xs imo

Padding looks more similar too

That's honestly when I believe the design change happened. When the new colours for the X came in
Ok the x range looks like it’s changed before also those sky blue / gold ones are one of the original colours they did so that would make sense

Yeah squarer, wider, and a lot softer padding when he pushes in on em
The all whyte ones look very different so it’s pretty certain that they have changed the factory making the x range I would say

The all whyte ones look very different so it’s pretty certain that they have changed the factory making the x range I would say
The X have undoubtedly changed and I believe the premiums also changed too considering these later x's were received around when u got Ur premiums

I wonder if I went through fly bespoke I could get a softer glove like the old ones

The X have undoubtedly changed and I believe the premiums also changed too considering these later x's were received around when u got Ur premiums

I wonder if I went through fly bespoke I could get a softer glove like the old ones
Just how hard are your premium I just checked and i don’t think mine have much difference between the them and the winning

I had 3 pairs of premiums from 2019 and recently got a pair of the X line. I can tell a huge difference. Not nearly as soft and the shape has changed. I was kind of disappointed because I had been wanting a pair of the Oxbloods. Looks like I'll be buying another pair of Winning instead. I believe they are a better made glove anyway.

I had 3 pairs of premiums from 2019 and recently got a pair of the X line. I can tell a huge difference. Not nearly as soft and the shape has changed. I was kind of disappointed because I had been wanting a pair of the Oxbloods. Looks like I'll be buying another pair of Winning instead. I believe they are a better made glove anyway.
Yeah I think the premiums changed aswell, shape and padding too

You think the winning is better made? Interesting what do you like more about it

What happened to your 3 premium pairs?

Just how hard are your premium I just checked and i don’t think mine have much difference between the them and the winning
They've broken in a bit but compared to the winnings they're significantly denser. Honestly they came in like bricks. But have softened up to the level of, adequate for sparring but not doing your sparring partners any favours

Yeah I think the premiums changed aswell, shape and padding too

You think the winning is better made? Interesting what do you like more about it

What happened to your 3 premium pairs?
I ended up selling the premium Flys. In my opinion, Winning is more comfortable and just a better made glove. I've been reading that people are having problems with their Flys wearing out after only a year or two. That could be because they're using them more on the bags. I think Fly is more of a sparring glove. Winning to me is more versatile and can be used for training or for sparring. Just my two cents though.

I ended up selling the premium Flys. In my opinion, Winning is more comfortable and just a better made glove. I've been reading that people are having problems with their Flys wearing out after only a year or two. That could be because they're using them more on the bags. I think Fly is more of a sparring glove. Winning to me is more versatile and can be used for training or for sparring. Just my two cents though.
That's the one good thing about the new flys I guess, much more an all round. Just a more rigid glove

How did your premiums compare to the ones me and rdl had shown

I am reluctant to use my fly on the bags as I have seen other people’s wear out with continued heavy bag use. I brought them to be a sparring gloves and happy to keep them for that but I have done a few rounds on the bag obviously just before sparring etc just not using them for bag workouts generally

I am reluctant to use my fly on the bags as I have seen other people’s wear out with continued heavy bag use. I brought them to be a sparring gloves and happy to keep them for that but I have done a few rounds on the bag obviously just before sparring etc just not using them for bag workouts generally
I'm not gonna lie I'm hesitant for the same reason

I'm considering selling my winnings and saving for fly bespoke to see if they do the old design

Or buying some 1v1 ptes

All the people who have got 1v1s in the last 6 months or so I've seen have had incredibly positive reviews liking them more then winnings

Fit2box just got a new pair so I'll wait for his review

Back