Flu-like symptoms after training.

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Oktavius**, Sep 21, 2010.

1. Oktavius**

Oktavius** Brown Belt

This is something ive noticed for many years now. After a particularly stressful workout where gains could be achieved the next few days ill come down with flu like symptoms like runny nose, hot/cold temps and sometimes stomache pain. Its really annoying because i feel like shit and just want to rest. Ive noticed often the next day i need to wear tons of clothes to keep warm and battle it off as well.

I though it was just me and another thing no one would believe so i googled it and found heaps of people had it.
    Flu-like symptoms after exercise - Exercise & Fitness - MedHelp

Any of you guys had experience with this and have any ideas?
    Cheers.

2. KILL KILL

KILL KILL Gold Belt

dehydration / overtraining / bad nutrition.

I can tell you that only having only read the title.

3. yocan

yocan Orange Belt

I did as well.

Case in point, in college it happened all the time. I didn't know what I was doing, got done with swimming and some of my workouts got so bad, I had to rest 10 minutes before walking home, cause I didn't think I"d make the walk right away. I walked home from swimming all the time. I never felt that tired when I swam. However I eat much better now, and have never had occur since I got off the schools idea of how to live.

Basically I eat better, work out harder and no longer have the flu symptoms
    P.S. its not so much what you eat after as the two days prior, your body is not prepared for the workout.