Floyd

Yeah size for size I think it would be a different matter. Loma is really fucking strong though for his size. But they aren't the same size so it's moot point.
Lol. Loma could be better at wrestling and Khabib would ruin him....

The size discrepancy would be like Brock Lesnar fighting Usman....

Khabib's father added a stipulation that if the fight goes 12 rounds then 11 rounds will be boxing rules and the 12th and final round will be under MMA rules. Floyd would never go for that unless he was absolutely certain he can finish Khabib inside 11 rounds.
Is there anyone who is NOT absolutely certain he can finish Khabib inside 11 rounds? lol

That sounds stupid, if it were to go 12 rounds are they going to change gear (shoes, gloves) then jump into a cage?
Unless he carries Khabib like he did Conor, I'm not sure ol' Khabib sees the 5th. Floyd gives him a couple rounds to figure him out and then sits down on his punches and starts walking him down, it's over. Same as Conor. He could have taken Conor out in 3 if he wanted to. He can hit them at will harder than they've ever been hit, and they can't hit him. And what few punches they can get in are not going to be as hard as anyone else on Floyd's resume has hit him. But I'm game to watch and once again bet on Floyd ITD. Easy money.

Point to the easy work. Where da easy work at?
usa_today_9672819.0.jpg

Is there anyone who is NOT absolutely certain he can finish Khabib inside 11 rounds? lol
I'm sure he could do it by breaking Khabib down and then letting his hands go to finish after that process has drained his stamina but unlike Conor Khabib won't gas on his own so quickly. He maintains a ridiculous pace in the cage and can keep that up for a while. Nothing is more exhausting than the style he's used to employing in the cage.

Floyd would have to really invest in that body early and not let him tie up to stall and recover. There's always the possibility that Khabib could last that long with the right survival/spoiling tactics. He's also a bigger man than Conor on top of having much better cardio. What if Floyd injures say his right hand on that big melon of a head belonging to Khabib? Would he really want to risk Khabib surviving? Even if there's only a small chance that's a scary thought because the very next round he'd be in Khabib's world.

Last edited:
I know little of Khabib, only seen a bit of him. A non-boxer will typically not be able to perform in the ring for 10 rounds and manage to keep their hands up. If you're not used to it, the weight of the gloves alone is more than you can handle over 6 or 8 rounds, even. It's a different game. I suspect he'd be finished earlier than Conor. Not because Conor is better at boxing, but because Floyd would choose to end it earlier than he chose to end Conor.
Just my $.02, which trades for about $.01 on the open market, so...

I know little of Khabib, only seen a bit of him. A non-boxer will typically not be able to perform in the ring for 10 rounds and manage to keep their hands up. If you're not used to it, the weight of the gloves alone is more than you can handle over 6 or 8 rounds, even. It's a different game. I suspect he'd be finished earlier than Conor. Not because Conor is better at boxing, but because Floyd would choose to end it earlier than he chose to end Conor.
Just my $.02, which trades for about $.01 on the open market, so...
I think so too but again we don't know until that's tested. Floyd could injure a hand and it could take much longer to break the guy down. Khabib could disengage and tie up so much that the ref may have to take multiple points. It's definitely a different game but that's a gamble that could end up being a nightmare if Khabib managed to do enough just to survive and make it to the final round. Floyd wouldn't last long in that final round if he managed to weather the storm and get there. He'd get finished with strikes or submitted very quickly under MMA rules if it were to go there.

I think so too but again we don't know until that's tested. Floyd could injure a hand and it could take much longer to break the guy down. Khabib could disengage and tie up so much that the ref may have to take multiple points. It's definitely a different game but that's a gamble that could end up being a nightmare if Khabib managed to do enough just to survive and make it to the final round. Floyd wouldn't last long in that final round if he managed to weather the storm and get there. He'd get finished with strikes or submitted very quickly under MMA rules if it were to go there.
Khabib can't go 11 rounds in a ring with Floyd. Period. He'd need a stool to make it that far. Different game, Floyd is a defensive master, would make him move and even at his age can go 20 rounds.
Also, it's like a really fast guy saying he wants to race Usain Bolt in the 100M. Impossible task unless injury or fluke flying parachute guy takes out Floyd. JMHO. Floyd isn't fighting MMA (he knows better) so if that were the deal, he would not see the 12th. Doesn't seem like that would get sanctioned that way, actually. Although, I guess an exhibition wouldn't have to be sanctioned. But then Floyd wouldn't get his professional win for that one, right? Meh, I'll believe it when they sign it, I guess. He isn't doing it for less than $250M either, I'd guess. What a showman. What a professional fighter from a purse standpoint. Jesus.

Floyd already stuffed Conors double leg.

He will choke Kebab the fuck out

#ibelieve

I'm sure he could do it by breaking Khabib down and then letting his hands go to finish after that process has drained his stamina but unlike Conor Khabib won't gas on his own so quickly. He maintains a ridiculous pace in the cage and can keep that up for a while. Nothing is more exhausting than the style he's used to employing in the cage.

Floyd would have to really invest in that body early and not let him tie up to stall and recover. There's always the possibility that Khabib could last that long with the right survival/spoiling tactics. He's also a bigger man than Conor on top of having much better cardio. What if Floyd injures say his right hand on that big melon of a head belonging to Khabib? Would he really want to risk Khabib surviving? Even if there's only a small chance that's a scary thought because the very next round he'd be in Khabib's world.

Khabib was always the hammer and never the needle.

a guy that knows how to work the body is probably the worst exp. ever.

Khabib can't go 11 rounds in a ring with Floyd. Period. He'd need a stool to make it that far. Different game, Floyd is a defensive master, would make him move and even at his age can go 20 rounds.
Also, it's like a really fast guy saying he wants to race Usain Bolt in the 100M. Impossible task unless injury or fluke flying parachute guy takes out Floyd. JMHO. Floyd isn't fighting MMA (he knows better) so if that were the deal, he would not see the 12th. Doesn't seem like that would get sanctioned that way, actually. Although, I guess an exhibition wouldn't have to be sanctioned. But then Floyd wouldn't get his professional win for that one, right? Meh, I'll believe it when they sign it, I guess. He isn't doing it for less than $250M either, I'd guess. What a showman. What a professional fighter from a purse standpoint. Jesus.
He shouldn't be able to go 11 rounds with Floyd but he may go in only looking to survive until that final round. And yeah, Floyd could always end up injuring a hand. My point is although that's a slim chance it can happen and Floyd has had hand issues as we all know. That tiny bit of doubt is a risk that I wouldn't be taking if I were Floyd. I don't see them agreeing on these rules either way though because of the hybrid special ruleset involved.

Floyd already stuffed Conors double leg.

He will choke Kebab the fuck out

#ibelieve

Khabib was always the hammer and never the needle.

a guy that knows how to work the body is probably the worst exp. ever.
Floyd will use his own nutsack and wrap it around Kebab's neck to execute a scarf hold

I would never want to see Khabib vs Loma in MMA because I don't want to see Loma have absolutely no chance to defend himself against a guy that would be looking to turn him into a giant stain on the mat. There would be a huge 30+ pound weight advantage to Khabib on fight night. Khabib already struggles to make Lightweight/155 in the UFC as it is and Loma's topped out at Lightweight/135 in boxing. It would be like watching a full sized Lightweight beat on a fairly undersized Bantamweight in the UFC. I agree that Conor is undoubtedly a much better striker/boxer than Khabib though (even if Khabib did put him down because it was off the threat of a takedown).
Loma would stall his take down and KO him with a forearm smash.

Why would it be Khabib in a boxing match. He's a wrestler. That's even less interesting than the Conor fight.

How would that be interesting? Khabib is 30ish pounds heavier and the best overall grappler in the sport.
I was forgetting the weight difference. Yeah it wouldn't be competitive. TJ Dillashaw would be a decent fight though.

More interesting if it were first 6 boxing and next 6 MMA.

It is almost no exaggeration to state that I myself have more chance of beating Floyd in a boxing match than Khabib does. The shittiest idea I have ever heard. Papa Nurmy is looking like a moron here.

How would that be interesting? Khabib is 30ish pounds heavier and the best overall grappler in the sport.
I'd say Khabib's the most dominant grappler in the sport at the moment but that's mostly been shown in a select few areas that are his bread & butter. IMO what really separates him from the rest are his effective variety of TDs from the clinch, his high paced chain wrestling, and his heavy top control with strong guard passing. I don't think anyone can be sure though that he's the best overall grappler as he's only had one or two submissions ever attempted against him in the UFC and we've only seen him on his back and working from there a limited number of times very briefly. Those two things are to his credit but it also means there are still some questions.

Evaluating his bottom game (in MMA) is harder to judge because again he's almost never on his back and he's also not really the type of grappler who is content to play guard when he can just scramble back up to his feet. That aspect of his ground game hasn't been tested as much as some including myself would like, though when he has shown it, he's looked very threatening off his back (e.g., against Trujillo). It's worth noting that a few of his opponents in the UFC have had success or at least some success in dealing with his offensive grappling. The upcoming Ferguson fight is intriguing as he may be able to test Khabib's grappling specifically and in ways that the others couldn't. For example, he has the most dynamic bottom game Khabib will have seen in MMA to date along with slippery TDD (e.g., rolling out of TD attempts & shucking them off rather than just the typical sprawl-heavy centered defense). Ferguson is dangerous from the front headlock position with D'Arce chokes as well.

TL;DR: Just how skilled Khabib is as a grappler competing in MMA in particular areas isn't yet entirely clear. More fighters that won't hesitate to attempt TDs and subs on him will answer any remaining questions. Ferguson may be able to test his grappling in certain ways that could provide answers to give us a much better idea.

I was forgetting the weight difference. Yeah it wouldn't be competitive. TJ Dillashaw would be a decent fight though.
Even if Khabib was smaller than Loma, he would still destroy Loma in an MMA match..he gets the better of Rockhold and holds his own against DC during intense sparring sessions

Back