floyd vs leonard who wins?

PBF is terrified of a 5'6" natural LW. Just imagine the ferocious Hagler was around today dominating at MW. Ok that's another story.
SRL was the more complete boxer, he could fight toe-to-toe(Duran 1), had the reflexes of a cat(Duran 2) and had good KO power(Green).
Also Ray had a far superior quality of opposition to demonstrate his skills against, so we actually KNOW how good he was.
My money would be on Ray 8 times out of 10.

I agree. Though I believe SRL's pressure would make Floyd come out of his shell and actually fight. I'll give it to Ray 7 times out of 10 with Floyd winning once on a combination of luck and skill.

Floyd would never even sign the contract against a terrific fighter like Ray Leonard considering Ray's Heart, speed, offense, and power.

Floyd wouldn't even fight the best of his own era: Margarito, Cotto, a certain 5'6" Filipino, Casamayor, Spadafora, Stevie Johnston, Cory Spinks, Tszyu, the late Vernon Forrest, Paul Williams, etc

Floyd preferred to spend his prime fighting guys like the following instead:

jesus chavez
carlos hernandez
sosa
n

I'm gunna go with leonard on this one looking at his record he has wins over guys like hagler duran hearns (yes i know the hearn decision is iffy), he's been tested in so many different styles and against top flight guys i just dont see a scenario that floyd can get the W. Leonard is just as fast or faster and is the superior offensive fighter in my mind, floyd's greatness is his defensive ability and i think leonard will be able to break that shell for a dominant decision 118 110 or 117 111 area.

I'm gunna go with leonard on this one looking at his record he has wins over guys like hagler duran hearns (yes i know the hearn decision is iffy),

Not their first go-around

sugar-ray-leonard-tommy-hearns-1981.jpg

Clearly not that KO, i also meant to mention the hagler decision more so then the 2nd hearns fight.

When Leonard became the aggressor in his first fight with Hearns , I thought he was going to get knocked out. Obviously I was wrong.

Leonard would walk through Floyd after the 5th round.

a prime Leonard beats Floyd any day of the week!!

Also Ray had a far superior quality of opposition to demonstrate his skills against, so we actually KNOW how good he was.

what he said basically... Leonard by UD.

Also Hearns would win by a late TKO.

this is the biggest problem with todays fighters, people think they are fit for the company of the older greats because they rule today. To me, Floyd's rep says more about his comp than it does about him, same goes for Hopkins and Roy Jones up to a point. All good fighters who aren't pushed and stretched to their limits because the comp isn't there. Not to say their opponents aren't good fighters but even great fighters in the past ran into opponents who could top them on a given night because that's what kind of fighters were around. Today, it's not the same. Everybody today wants to get all the accolades, take no risks, in the ring or out, as a longtime fan, i think it's insulting to the greats to even suppose these type of fights.

Knowing PBF, he would find some way to fuck up the contract signing to make Ray Leonard pull out of it. Something like asking for 10x what he makes or something absurd that Ray would not even humor.

Ray Leonard was a boxer that fought because he wanted to be the best, wanted to face the best, wanted to be remembered as the best. PBF just wants money, thats it, his mind starts and end there. If he can make the same for beating a journeyman as he would for beating a top fighter, its no mystery which one he would pick, and thats why I have Ray Leonard beating PBF is this one.

To put it simply, he would want it more, He would eat, drink, sleep, sweat, bleed, breath, and live this fight going into it. PBF would be more concerned with the number of Zero's on the contract then the name on the other dotted line.

Floyd ducks Sugar Ray, no question. And I have Sugar Ray by KO.

Floyd's too scared to fight a 5'6'' natural LW, and the threadstarter think he can beat Leonard?

Floyd couldn't handle a non-gassed Zab Judah, no way he can handle Leonard's mastery for 12 rounds.

Leonard by vicious TKO in the later rounds.

SRl Is awesome but I would take floyd over him. Floyd is the best that this world has seen. Id take him 7 out of 10 times

Ridiculous - you can only base this on what we've seen Floyd do so far AGAINST THE MEN HE HAS CHOSEN TO FACE.

Nobody has seen what Floyd can do against the best of his own era. Floyd doesn't even have the confidence in his own skills to match up with the top dogs of today. SRL created his legacy by facing and beating the best of his era which happened to include a few all time greats.

leanord via DUCK QUACK QUACK

Ridiculous - you can only base this on what we've seen Floyd do so far against the men HE HAS CHOSEN TO FACE.

Nobody has seen what Floyd can do against the best of his own era. Floyd doesn't even have the confidence in his own skills to match up with the top dogs of today. SRL created his legacy by facing and beating the best of his era which happened to include a few all time greats.

if floyd asked king to hold his dick while he pisses.... he would say "you want me to zip you up too?"

leanord via DUCK QUACK QUACK

if floyd asked king to hold his dick while he pisses.... he would say "you want me to zip you up too?"

Actually - I think he would ask "you want me to swallow this time?" :)

Not even a question worth answering.

Back