Floyd Tops Manny and GSP for Best Fighter Award at the ESPY'S

What like boxers do? Fu*k off douchebag.

It would stop a boxer in his tracks too, what is your point?

It's not about "Ultimate Fighting" there is no such thing...it's called Mixed Martial Arts because (in general) the practicioners are skilled in multiple disciplines.

Boxers are NOT superhuman, untouchable, indestructable killing machines...they are one dimentional fighters. Hell, compared to Muay Thai fighters they are even one dimentional in the world of striking!

Good point! I couldn't believe he had so much success being as one dimentional as he is/was.

I saw it on the front page, if you only like boxing then why sign up and post on a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS WEBSITE??

This is why MMA fans don't like boxing fans. It's not because boxing is boring or corrupt it's that boxing fans think boxers are these superhuman, unshakeable killing machines that have no weaknesses.

Well they do have weaknesses, their major one being that once the fight hits the ground (as most street fights do) boxers have no idea what to do.

You boxing fans also don't listen. MMA is just that, and BJJ is just that...when we say MMA, you hear BJJ but it's not the same thing!

If you only train boxing and then you get into a street fight and you get kneed in the face or kicked in the head or choked out...then that's your own fault. You shouldn't put such an invinceable emphasis on boxing.

Wow! A guy with training beats up guys with no training...I guess that proves your point really well huh?

Stupidity levels just went up a few notches in here.

Man its getting really annoying Boxing fans just don't understand that Boxing is one Martial Art thats very limited......Iv'e already beatin it to death why Pro Boxers have the toughest transition to the sport and why Boxing on the streets mean nothing......

Its crazy bro the ignorance Boxing fans have of MMA or Martial Art in General.......

This is the reason why people don't like boxing and why Boxing fan wanna bash MMA to discredit the sport of MMA and shit..

I'm a Boxing fan and probably know way more about the sport than actual idiots that know Boxing on here like that troll Fisticuffs. Shi Uriah Faber and Andre Ward are friends I mean some Boxers respect the sport of MMA and MMA fighters respect the sport of Boxing.

I don't understand why these idiots like Fisticuffs don't understand MMA.....

Floyd fought Shane.....

Befre that he was off 2 yrs then fought a dude 3 weight classes smaller than he was....

This guy you quoted, another perfect example of an ultimate fightin' fan.

If we go by this retard's criteria then MMA isn't even close to a real fight, especially North American MMA. In a "real" fight you don't wear 4 oz gloves, mouth pieces, have cut men in the corner, have rounds, groin protection and a ton of rules.

You can't even stomp, soccer kick, knee to the head of a downed opponent here in North America.

Certain upkicks are also disallowed as is spiking your opponents head, small joint manipulation, strikes to the back of the head and headbutts too.

Yeah that sure is some "real fighting" you got going....

If you want true unarmed combat as a sport, go read the descriptions of ancient Spartan Pankration (NOT Olympic Pankration which disallowed biting and eye gouging just like UFC 1).

What you see is a SPORT where 2 guys are fighting within many rules and special conditions not pure unarmed combat.

Pure unarmed combat as a sport takes balls of steel and involves a lot less of your BJJ blackbelt awesomeness and takedown dry humping (remember fellas, in "real fighting" biting would be legal).

IMHO full rules Muay Thai and Pride rules MMA are the closest combat sports can get to a real street fight.

at least they can take it to the floor.

"hey bro, no takedowns, mmmk?" is what i always hear in street fights.

you never been or seen a street fight little boy. what are you in high school?

"hey bro... no knives, bats and guns mmmmk?" is what i always hear in street fights

meeting joe blow at the park after school isnt a street fight. figthing the guy who fucked your girlfriend at a party isnt a street fight.

street fights involve weapons and multiple people. when your out numbered lets see how good your wrestling works ok?

ive personally seen someone try to wrestle another person in a "street fight" and got stabbed 7 times with a icepick for his troubles. yeah... bjjj would of saved his life.

IMHO full rules Muay Thai and Pride rules MMA are the closest combat sports can get to a real street fight.

if full muay thai/pride rules allow friends to jump in with weapons... then yeah. its the closest thing to a street fight

Man its getting really annoying Boxing fans just don't understand that Boxing is one Martial Art thats very limited......Iv'e already beatin it to death why Pro Boxers have the toughest transition to the sport and why Boxing on the streets mean nothing......

Its crazy bro the ignorance Boxing fans have of MMA or Martial Art in General.......

This is the reason why people don't like boxing and why Boxing fan wanna bash MMA to discredit the sport of MMA and shit..

I'm a Boxing fan and probably know way more about the sport than actual idiots that know Boxing on here like that troll Fisticuffs. Shi Uriah Faber and Andre Ward are friends I mean some Boxers respect the sport of MMA and MMA fighters respect the sport of Boxing.

how fucking old are you? means nothing? you shitting me?

next time you get in a 5 on 5 fight.... use your damn wrestling ok? next time you're in a bar, drunk off your ass and some guy wants to fight you... .throw a kick or 2 ok? next time someone pulls out a knife on you.. pull guard and triangle him ok? ALL MIGHTY GRAPPLING.... KING OF THE STREETS!!!

you're not from the streets. you dont know shit about "street fights"

Boxing is very street effective, have you ever even seen people get in a fight? 90% of the time it starts with punching. If you can knock someone out fast enough you can avoid the fight going to the ground, their friends, the police, etc...

Tools and douches of the highest order seem to be attracted to this new brand of UFC.

I hate this thread and everyone in it.

Next time someone asks, I'm an NBA fan.

Has anyone posted this yet?

justbleed.gif

You do realize that the ESPY Award is given based on the nominee's activities over the past year, correct?

Since the ESPY 2009 Awards, GSP has fought a unanimous decision victory against Dan Hardy whereas Floyd fought a Unanimous Decision victory against Shane Mosely.

They both fought once each during that time span and voters felt as Floyd deserved the award more than GSP.

What month were the 09 Espy's held? Floyd also fought JMM in Sept of last year. So that would be 2 fights to 1 if the Espy's were in July last year.

I know, I know. It's like they think there's boxing and that nothing else exists and boxing would overcome any confrontation.

next time you get in a 5 on 5 fight.... use your damn wrestling ok? next time you're in a bar, drunk off your ass and some guy wants to fight you... .throw a kick or 2 ok? next time someone pulls out a knife on you.. pull guard and triangle him ok? ALL MIGHTY GRAPPLING.... KING OF THE STREETS!!!

you're not from the streets. you dont know shit about "street fights"

Firstly, how do you know he's not "from the streets"? Are you? Does that somehow make you more knowledgable?

You're just flapping your lips.

And again, I don't know how many times I have to say it...MMA is not just about grappling!

Next time some drunk boxer who thinks he knows everything about fighting starts mouthing off in a bar about how he'd "fuck up dem MMA muvver fuckas" I'll be sure to offer him outside to show him some other aspects of MMA...like proper striking that allows you to use more than just your hands.

And if you REALLY MUST talk about grappling, Gracie Jiu Jitsu was developed and has been extensively tested to be effective ON THE STREETS OF RIO DE JANEIRO.

The facts are there but boxing fans just don't pay attention.

And the mods play their fiddles as the boxing forum burns...

I'm half surprised Kid McCoy hasn't run in yet with a 10 paragraph rant.

You could literally gut half of this thread and replace it with the sounds of cats screeching and hissing at each other. It'd be the same thing.

And the mods play their fiddles as the boxing forum burns...

If the forum wants to perpetuate the "MMA vs. Boxing" meme despite my previous attempts to stifle it (given that's it been done to death), I'm not going to stop it anymore - have fun kids.

Back