Floyd Tops Manny and GSP for Best Fighter Award at the ESPY'S

I love how MMA fans still think MMA'ers are multi-dimensional fighters. Not only are they not good at multiple disciplines, its arguable that they are even good at one.

Lesnar/Carwin was absolutely hilarious and in a bad way. These guys are in their early-mid 30s and took up MMA incredibly late. And yet they are both near or at the top of the sport and looked f'kin ridiculous. Lesnar showed just how vulnerable he is and Carwin showed he needs to spend some time on a treadmill.

Look at this UFC fighter take in straight to the ground in a street fight.

I love how MMA fans still think MMA'ers are multi-dimensional fighters. Not only are they not good at multiple disciplines, its arguable that they are even good at one.

Lesnar/Carwin was absolutely hilarious and in a bad way. These guys are in their early-mid 30s and took up MMA incredibly late. And yet they are both near or at the top of the sport and looked f'kin ridiculous. Lesnar showed just how vulnerable he is and Carwin showed he needs to spend some time on a treadmill.

Never the treadmill! I hate those machines for training! That man needs a nice, hilly road to do his work on. (Several miles worth)

Utter nonsense?

Boxers usually end their fight with a sucker punch. So the fight ends before it starts. But don't tell me fights don't go to the ground.

Here ya go fella...some fo the best boxers ever to lace up the gloves

#10 starts with a sucker punch...'oh joy'

# 9 is between trainers and it ends on the ground...

# 8 has foreign objects being used...that's some 'sweet science' there.

# 7 Just a group brawl

# 6 Muhammid Ali and Joe frazer...two legends, and it ends up on the ground...

# 5 Lennox Lewis, and Rahman...Lewis of all people...and it ends up on the ground...

# 4 Lewis and Tyson, and while it start off like a boxing match you can see that they start to slip and fall at the end...

# 3 Bowe sucker punches...

# 2 no video But in interviews detailing the fight, Tyson was pounding on Mitch while he was...ON THE GROUND...

# 1 was a fucking drop kick of all things.

So there ya go. A list of the top ten boxing brawls featuring some of the biggest names in the sport, and all I see were some sucker punching and allot of wrestling...

Go figure.

LOL! Maybe one day you'll learn how to embed. in terms of your post? Top 10 Conference brawls!?? I hope you're joking and not putting all of your faith in to this!

These threads always go in circles and end up in the same juvenile place.

So in before the lock, congratulations to PBF for the award.
He's a good choice, though Pac would have been too.
GSP is really more of a 'sports entertainment' fighter.

Once all the bullshit walks, fighters are just like anything else in the world; You get what you pay for.

Where all this Boxing vs. MMA stuff is concerned, some people like to watch adult men half naked in sexual positions and some simply do not.
That

LOL! Maybe one day you'll learn how to embed. in terms of your post? Top 10 Conference brawls!?? I hope you're joking and not putting all of your faith in to this!

Maybe one day being the less than a minute edit I did on the post TODAY...

Damn now where are you going to get your ammunition... :redface:

Maybe one day being the less than a minute edit I did on the post TODAY...

Damn now where are you going to get your ammunition... :redface:

LOL! I'll go watch a UFC event if I want to see "real fighting"... :icon_lol:

That's not a Boxer vs BJJ fighter, that's MMA vs MMA (Charles Bennet vs Ninja Rua backstage) although I guess it was a BJJ technique that finished the fight.

I saw it on the front page, if you only like boxing then why sign up and post on a MIXED MARTIAL ARTS WEBSITE??

This is why MMA fans don't like boxing fans. It's not because boxing is boring or corrupt it's that boxing fans think boxers are these superhuman, unshakeable killing machines that have no weaknesses.

Well they do have weaknesses, their major one being that once the fight hits the ground (as most street fights do) boxers have no idea what to do.

You boxing fans also don't listen. MMA is just that, and BJJ is just that...when we say MMA, you hear BJJ but it's not the same thing!

I post on a MMA website because I enjoy watching MMA (pretty straightforward).

And, for the record, you were the one who started spouting off about BJJ.

Also, most Boxing fans appreciate other Martial Arts. Hell, I've even seen boxing afficionados speak highly of Muay Thai, TKD, and Karate.
Not to mention, most Boxers respect MMA (aside from Floyd and BHop).

If you only train boxing and then you get into a street fight and you get kneed in the face or kicked in the head or choked out...then that's your own fault. You shouldn't put such an invinceable emphasis on boxing.

For the record, we don't "put such an invinceable emphasis on boxing".

Most of the time we work hard to get boxing the respect it deserves. Boxing is so routinely shit upon in the heavies that it is necessary for us to point out how effective it can be to unintelligent Sherdogger.

Here are the facts:

1) Ultimate fightin' is not "real fighting" you fucking retards and the unified rules are biased in favor of grapplers. Someone like Shogun would stomp these butt scooters heads into the canvas if he was allowed to just like he did in Pride.

2) Both MMA and Boxing are just fight SPORTS not real street or NHB fighting.

3) The only one's who really practiced true NHB fighting as sport were the ancient Spartans, so unless you are one of them you are not qualified to talk shit about "pillow fighting" while hiding behind a keyboard and rules favoring grapplers.

/End thread.

congrats floyd on the well deserved win, and congrats ufc fans on being retarded

Also, most Boxing fans appreciate other Martial Arts. Hell, I've even seen boxing afficionados speak highly of Muay Thai, TKD, and Karate.
Not to mention, most Boxers respect MMA (aside from Floyd and BHop)

Most of the time we work hard to get boxing the respect it deserves. Boxing is so routinely shit upon in the heavies that it is necessary for us to point out how effective it can be to unintelligent Sherdogger.

Another thing we'll have to disagree on.

In my experience, most boxing fans are just that...boxing fans. They generally disregard any other combat sport as ineffective, gay, bullshit that's not as good as "the sweet science" before they have even seen it.

Boxing fans consider anything that isn't boxing as childish, as 3rd rate and absolutely will not entertain the idea of any other combat sport. For years I argued with boxing fans because they didn't believe that MMA was real. In fact, people are so used to seeing boxing matches go on for (what seems like) hours that when they first see someone get knocked out cold in MMA, they believe that it must be fake like the WWE.

Of course boxing is effective, many high level Mixed Martial Artists incorporate boxing in their training. It's not boxing I hate, it's the single minded boxing fans who will not accept that any other type of fighting is effective, that believe boxing is as white as snow and not corrupt in the slightest, that believe that no other type of striking could possibly be as good as their beloved boxing.

Boxers/boxing fans started this whole thing (except this thread, I started that :D) they saw that there was a growing interest in a relatively new sport and boxing fans (journalists) jumped all over it, calling it human cockfighting and all that shit.

Boxing fans claim that MMA is watched by kids and the impressionable but considering how many people buy boxing PPV's, I find it staggering how few people know much about the current champions/divisions/organisations.

If anything, boxing gets more casual/suggestable viewers than MMA does.

The only one's who really practiced true NHB fighting as sport were the ancient Spartans

Ugh, 300 has a lot to answer for, it's become far too fashionable with impressionable kids. These days it's all "sparta this, Sparta that, Spartaaaaa!!"

It gets fucking boring.

How Floyd Mayweather gets "best fighter" award when he fights so rarely (once in 2010, once in 2009, 0 fights in 2008, twice in 2007) is just a fucking joke.

Boxing IS dying and it can't happen soon enough, it's long past it's sell by date and now the last ray of hope (the PPV numbers) is no longer keeping this sport on life support.

BlurayMMA.com Top 10 PPV buy rates 2009

They can take it to the floor that often because those things are disallowed you moron.

In a real no rules fight you don't want to be too close to me like a homo or may be ultimate fightin' fans are dumb enough to do that.

The fastest way to end a real NHB fight is a kick/punch to the balls followed by a good punch to the head standing up from a distance.

The most "real" thing that ever happened in the Octagon:

YouTube - Joe Son getting hit in the balls at UFC 4

Too bad those "pussies" disallowed biting and eye gouging even at UFC 1.

Repeat after me "True no rules, unarmed combat as a sport takes balls of steel and less of my BJJ blackbelt awesomeness and takedown dry humping".

only bitches bite dude

Here are the facts:

1) Ultimate fightin' is not "real fighting" you fucking retards and the unified rules are biased in favor of grapplers. Someone like Shogun would stomp these butt scooters heads into the canvas if he was allowed to just like he did in Pride.

2) Both MMA and Boxing are just fight SPORTS not real street or NHB fighting.

3) The only one's who really practiced true NHB fighting as sport were the ancient Spartans, so unless you are one of them you are not qualified to talk shit about "pillow fighting" while hiding behind a keyboard and rules favoring grapplers.

/End thread.

oh and if you want good nhb check out rio heroes. even though they grapple a lot i think you might still consider it real fighting. furthermore i think you need to actually do some grappling to understand half of whats going on in the ufc you ignorant spazmatazz

That's not a Boxer vs BJJ fighter, that's MMA vs MMA (Charles Bennet vs Ninja Rua backstage) although I guess it was a BJJ technique that finished the fight.

I never said it was boxing versus MMA, and I should have clarified the title...it was just an example of the usefulness of a ground game in a real fight.

boxing isnt dying, and mma isnt popular. boxing for the most part is the same as its always been, it always has its ups and downs, mma on the other hand is not popular AT ALL, the UFC brand is extremely popular, but the sport itself, not so much, the greatest fighter of all time, in his prime fighting on premium cable barely gets more viewers than main event between Tito Ortiz and Forrest Griffin gets on a $50 PPV

I post on a MMA website because I enjoy watching MMA (pretty straightforward).

And, for the record, you were the one who started spouting off about BJJ.

Not to mention, most Boxers respect MMA (aside from Floyd and BHop).

For the record, we don't "put such an invinceable emphasis on boxing".

I have nothing but admiration and resepct for boxing. It just has too many limitations for my personal liking...too many weight classes, too many belts..

But I've always said that after this wrestling craze/phase that MMA is going through, a great boxing game is going to be the phase that the next wave of MMA talent is going to possess. Nowhere near the level or game of a pure boxer, but definatly better than what we are seeing now.

I never said it was boxing versus MMA, and I should have clarified the title...it was just an example of the usefulness of a ground game in a real fight.

No no I get that, I just wanted to clarify for these boxing fanboys as it said BJJ vs Boxer on the title.

Considering James Warring had so much Kickboxing experience, he never really looked like anything other than a straight boxer in his "kickboxing" career.

And in these mixed bouts (boxer vs whatever) the boxer never takes much damage...they always quit as soon as they realise they are outclassed.

Last edited:
Back