Floyd or Pacquiao, who ranks higher?

People are acting like Manny was full grown fighting at 106 which isnt true. He isnt that much smaller than floyd naturally.

He is smaller, though. And he had been through some wars when he reached Floyd’s pro debut weight.

He is smaller, though. And he had been through some wars when he reached Floyd’s pro debut weight.

Some wars that he didn't always win, getting ko'd by 3k battery. While floyd was mopping up competition.

Some wars that he didn't always win, getting ko'd by 3k battery. While floyd was mopping up competition.

Sadly, you’re putting a lot of effort into proving a point I’ve made earlier in this very thread. Floyd is superior overall. Not by much, but he is. Nevertheless, it is ludicrous to downplay’s Manny’s win over Margarito at 150.

Sadly, you’re putting a lot of effort into proving a point I’ve made earlier in this very thread. Floyd is superior overall. But it is ludicrous to downplay’s Manny’s win over Margarito at 150.

That's not even close to his best win. He beat up on a faded margarito

That's not even close to his best win. He beat up on a faded margarito

And it’s still a pretty good win for a guy who started pro boxing at light flyweight. Amazing record overall, eh ?

And it’s still a pretty good win for a guy who started pro boxing at light flyweight. Amazing record overall, eh ?

Not as impressive as you think. Like I said, he wasn't full grown at LFW he was young and his body naturally grew past it.

Also the backwoods, club pro boxing scene in in the Philippines wasn't as heavy as you're making it out to be

Not as impressive as you think. Like I said, he wasn't full grown at LFW he was young and his body naturally grew past it.

Also the backwoods, club pro boxing scene in in the Philippines wasn't as heavy as you're making it out to be

Dude, that’s like Pactard biased. Margarito was huge. And under 130 Pac had fought the likes of JMM, Barrera and Ledwaba. Not exactly club fighting level.

Good god. Downplaying Pacquiao’s record is so fucking pointless.

This is only a discussion if you choose to ignore the facts
-Floyd clearly won the head to head matchup
-Floyd coming off a long retirement layoff destroyed the guy who gave Manny fits and had destroyed Manny
- Manny's other legitiment losses vs Zero losses
- Floyd's resume is comparable to Manny's. This myth that Manny fought the better comp isnt true

While I agree with Floyd's overall superiority, I believe we should keep in mind that Manny started his career at light flyweight, hence wrecking Margarito at 150 was still quite an achievement.
Just pointing out that if you apply similar criticism, it'll make Pacs resume look bad too. How close to prime was Morales when Pac fought him? What champs did he fight that were truly at their peak, using the same criteria people use to critique Floyd or Canelo, for example. David Diaz and Josh Clottey? What about the catchweights? If Oscar and Shane were past it when Floyd fought them , what were they when Pac fought them?

Just pointing out that if you apply similar criticism, it'll make Pacs resume look bad too. How close to prime was Morales when Pac fought him? What champs did he fight that were truly at their peak, using the same criteria people use to critique Floyd or Canelo, for example. David Diaz and Josh Clottey? What about the catchweights? If Oscar and Shane were past it when Floyd fought them , what were they when Pac fought them?

Yeah, getting overly picky on any ATG resume is kind of annoying, especially when using double - or triple - standards doing so.

Back