Floyd or Pacquiao, who ranks higher?

CastletonSnob

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
Who ranks higher all time? I say Floyd is the better fighter (more skilled), while Pacquiao is the greater fighter (better resume and accomplishments).

It's up for debate. Obviously Floyd being "undefeated" is a big deal and he won titles in 5 divisions. However, Pac doing it in 8 divisions is legendary. The fact he just beat Thurman (regardless of whatever Floyd fans want to say about that) is a massive accomplishment. If he beat someone like Spence or Crawford, that would cement him as a top 10 fighter of all time in my opinion.

It's up for debate. Obviously Floyd being "undefeated" is a big deal and he won titles in 5 divisions. However, Pac doing it in 8 divisions is legendary. The fact he just beat Thurman (regardless of whatever Floyd fans want to say about that) is a massive accomplishment. If he beat someone like Spence or Crawford, that would cement him as a top 10 fighter of all time in my opinion.
if he beat spence or crawford right now, i think he’s top 3

Can’t ever put Manny above Floyd. They faced head to head when they were ranked number 1 and 2 p4p in their own era and the biggest matchup in boxing history, Floyd won.

Mannys other biggest rival in Marquez had the definitive win in the final fight of their 4 fight series, an opponent Floyd ghosted on the scorecards

Floyd was undefeated and beat more champions in history I believe. It’s pretty simple

Apples and oranges, people will never agree, but I think the majority of boxing fans recognize Floyd as the greatest defensive fighters of all time.. that being said, Pacman ain’t finished yet , so maybe if he can put together a nice win streak he could be considered the GOAT before he retires

Nov 5th
Who ranks higher all time? I say Floyd is the better fighter (more skilled), while Pacquiao is the greater fighter (better resume and accomplishments).

September 19th
Which of the two best fighters of their generation is better?

I'd say Floyd is the better fighter (As in, more skilled), while Pacquiao is the greater fighter (Accomplishments and resume).

if pac beat crawford or spence right now in their prime, his resume would be prime crawford/spence, barrera x2, morales x2, margarito, prime cotto, hatton, thurman, prime marquez x2, bradley x2

then a bunch of decent wins over champs in matthysse, broner, vargas, algieri, ledwaba, diaz, rios, etc

that would be arguably the best resumé of all time. it’s already up there. if he never lost to horn or torrecampo, i’d have him top 5 right now

if pac beat crawford or spence right now in their prime, his resume would be prime crawford/spence, barrera x2, morales x2, margarito, prime cotto, hatton, thurman, prime marquez x2, bradley x2

then a bunch of decent wins over champs in matthysse, broner, vargas, algieri, ledwaba, diaz, rios, etc

that would be arguably the best resumé of all time. it’s already up there. if he never lost to horn or torrecampo, i’d have him top 5 right now

In reality I think the majority of people think he was robbed in the Horn and Bradley fights.

In reality I think the majority of people think he was robbed in the Horn and Bradley fights.
i thought both were close. thought horn won and bradley lost. haven’t watched them since they happened live though.

Those 2 Marquez wins are jokes too

Resume wise he leaves Floyd for dust. Floyd has the spotless record. I don't think you'd use the word prime for most of Floyd's opponents(elite). Just saying:)

eh. can’t agree. about as ridiculous as the marquez draw.
The draw was a scoring error but Marquez clearly won the majority of the rounds.

Marquez won the second in my opinion and was royally screwed by the judges in the 3rd, hell, that’s the only reason there was a 4th to begin with

Resume wise he leaves Floyd for dust. Floyd has the spotless record. I don't think you'd use the word prime for most of Floyd's opponents(elite). Just saying:)
floyd’s resumé is damn good too though. canelo was in his 154-pound prime regardless of what this forum may think. lots of the past-prime guys he fought came when he was also past his prime so it’s kinda a wash.

floyd’s got prime corrales, prime hatton, prime castillo x2, prime-ish canelo.

he beat cotto, pacquiao, marquez, mosley when they were past their prime but so was he.

then decent champions like guerrero, hernandez, baldomir, ortiz, maidana, judah.

floyd’s got prime corrales, prime hatton, prime castillo x2, prime-ish canelo.

he beat cotto, pacquiao, marquez, mosley when they were past their prime but so was he.

then decent champions like guerrero, hernandez, baldomir, ortiz, maidana, judah.
I can't remember the time as much, but wasn't Cotto pretty prime when Floyd beat him? I know he had the losses to Margarito and Pacman, but he beat the crap out of Margarito in the plaster of paris-free rematch right around that time and looked really good IIRC.

Back