Floyd not training for Conor fight is one of the BIGGEST MYTHS in Sherdog history

suhdude

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The man did everything he could to show he didn't train for McGregor fight, but in reality he trained day and night for that fight. You think a professional fighter who trained all his life for fights decided to suddenly take it easy?

The man was shredded for that fight. He trained his ass off, and still got outboxed by Conor in 3 rounds. Listen, Conor would expose floyd if there were MMA gloves. Boxers can fight with MMA gloves because they break their hands too easy. Years of having protection on their fists deteriorated their hand cartilage.

Mayweather still does what most regular people would consider hard training very regularly even years after he's retired. He certainly stayed in excellent shape (even if it wasn't really peak fight shape). What he didn't do was treat it like a regular fight camp. This has been corroborated by many people who either train regularly at the gym or who are close to his inner circle.

McGregor didn't really give a bad account of himself, all things considered. He isn't a boxer and he'll never be anything in the sport, but he shouldn't be expected to be. He's borderline elite in MMA and the biggest star in the sport's history.

The guy obviously keeps himself in peak physical condition via training hard and regular.
Look at him (40 years old):
839146186.0.jpg

So the question is more, "Did he do a full fight camp?" I think it's entirely credible thats a no.

He trains just as hard now as he did for that fight.

Not as hard as he did for actual top lvl boxers, but he Floyd never stops training, and is always in top shape, even now.

"Years of having protection on their fists deteriorated their hand cartilage."

<mma4>

I saw an interview with Zab Judah who said even after retiring Floyd was still training harder than most active fighters who are half his age. He said he trains like he's broke and needs to fight to keep his bills paid. Outside of maybe Kobe & Lebron I don't think anyone is as dedicated to training as Mayweather. Only a Sherdogger could say without being facetious that Mayweather needed to train extra hard because Conor was some type of threat. If he hadn't trained for 1 second he would have still whooped Conor's ass though. But that's not even the craziest thing OP said in his post. He did not get out boxed for 3 rounds. Floyd coasted because he knew it was impossible to lose, and when he was ready he did what he always does and dominated the remainder of the fight. There's a big difference between winning a few rounds because the other fighter allowed it, and out boxing Floyd fucking Mayweather.

50-1 Floyd can't take that left hand a second time

I'm sure he was training boxing, but I really don't think he needed to work on something specific to Conor...

Off the couch Mayweather embarrassed Mcgregor who gassed in 2 rounds and got carried.

Floyd Sr would whip Conors ass. Conors power doesn’t translate to the elderly as we saw in that bar

TS sounds like a 12 year old defending his idol.

Take step back and breathe.

The man did everything he could to show he didn't train for McGregor fight, but in reality he trained day and night for that fight. You think a professional fighter who trained all his life for fights decided to suddenly take it easy?

The man was shredded for that fight. He trained his ass off, and still got outboxed by Conor in 3 rounds. Listen, Conor would expose floyd if there were MMA gloves. Boxers can fight with MMA gloves because they break their hands too easy. Years of having protection on their fists deteriorated their hand cartilage.

So your arguments are that:

- the man was shredded = well, he looks like this most of the time, even off season.

- he did everything he could to show he didn't train = how do you know? do you have any proof?

- "You think a professional fighter who trained all his life for fights decided to suddenly take it easy" = No, I have no proof of this. But it's funny that you think a professional fighters who trained all his life decided to show he doesn't train.

Also, it's funny that someone thinks a fighters trains at the same intensity for every fight. No, there are good months and bad months. No, fighters are people too and they can get overconfident and train less or can have a depression/shitty time and train less or something else and train too much.

what do you think of MY FOOT WAS A BALLOON ???

I don't know what you're talking about. Mayweather admitted he did a lot of push-ups and sit-ups for the fight.

<{vega}>

The level of stupid in this place is very high sometimes.
Mayweather keeps in shape you never see pictures of him looking fat. The fight was at 154lbs Conor was 153 and Mayweather 149.5 so he fucked up the cut and came in 4.5 lbs under or he walks about at 150 lbs?

Mayweather still does what most regular people would consider hard training very regularly even years after he's retired. He certainly stayed in excellent shape (even if it wasn't really peak fight shape). What he didn't do was treat it like a regular fight camp. This has been corroborated by many people who either train regularly at the gym or who are close to his inner circle.

McGregor didn't really give a bad account of himself, all things considered. He isn't a boxer and he'll never be anything in the sport, but he shouldn't be expected to be. He's borderline elite in MMA and the biggest star in the sport's history.

Lmao at “borderline elite”

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back