Floyd Mayweather vs Tenshin Nasukawa - Dec 31st

the japanese don't love mayweather, in fact unless youre a boxing fan, most japanese don't even know who he is or care

which makes it obvious that the main purpose of the bout is to promote rizin overseas, in the US

Nope. The Japanese warriorhood of 130 million deep in population, when contextualizing combat sports, know very well who Mayweather is, the combat sports target group. Boxing is boxing, and the Japanese respect the sport and understand the merit of P4P. Mayweather is a defensive artist, the Japanese know fully well who is. To say ''most Japanese,'' well obviously we're referring to a target group and nor is it the same as Americans not knowing who Joshua is.

Mayweather is SATURATED in any combat sports news. This fight will make a lot of noise in Japan. Rizin is just a catalyst for Floyd's options in the states.

Last edited by a moderator:
He's ducking Khabib

Khabib and Floyd want the fight. Both Khabib and Floyd know it's another spectacle and Khabib doesn't care, the Payday persuades any and all as it did Conor. It's Dana White in the way of Floyd and Khabib due to split negotiations for TMT Promotions. White knows exactly what Floyd's value is to PPV

Freakshow fight at Saitama Super arena on NYE *hhnnnnggh* will be reminiscent of the glory days of PRIDE and K-1. I am already sold.

And lol @ thinking the Japanese haven't even heard of Mayweather. Anyone interested in combat sports over there would certainly have heard of him.

He should fight Bob Sapp tho

what a very strange announcement to wake up to in the morning

Freakshow fight at Saitama Super arena on NYE *hhnnnnggh* will be reminiscent of the glory days of PRIDE and K-1. I am already sold.

And lol @ thinking the Japanese haven't even heard of Mayweather. Anyone interested in combat sports over there would certainly have heard of him.

He should fight Bob Sapp tho

I’d pay for Floyd vs Sapp.

I’d pay for Floyd vs Sapp.

I think it would be entertaining as all hell. Full boxing rules or MAYBE kickboxing rules could apply. Super slow vs super fast! Mayweathers punches wouldn't do anything, but maybe Floyd could UD him. I am thinking like in the Shaq vs show when he fought Oscar and Sugar Shane.

Sapp is 100x LESS athletic and is smaller than Shaq. So it isn't like we don't have some reference point.

I thought he was retiring, just retired from boxing actual boxers

Floyd saw all those zeros in the check and agreed... likely without converting it from Yen to USD

People act like they won't stay up to watch this fight.

People act like they won't stay up to watch this fight.
You are joking right? No fucking way am I losing sleep over watching this shit when I can just watch it the next day for fun.

Floyd wins whatever the rule set. I saw some of the Japs highlights and none of that goofy flying knee shit would land on Floyd.
Oh yea and its gonna be clearly a work/wwe wrestling

Facts:
The Japanese love Mayweather.
This will probably generate more than the PAC fight and surpass Mayweather vs Canelo Mexican TV ratings. Tokyo alone is 30mil+ in population.
how? Rizin airs on a Japanese cable station without PPV's. The international broadcast is on some fledgling stream service. I dont see how this can generate enough to pay Floyds usual salary let alone match the Pac fight.

Nope. The Japanese warriorhood of 130 million deep in population, when contextualizing combat sports, know very well who Mayweather is, the combat sports target group. Boxing is boxing, and the Japanese respect the sport and understand the merit of P4P. Mayweather is a defensive artist, the Japanese know fully well who is. To say ''most Japanese,'' well obviously we're referring to a target group and nor is it the same as Americans not knowing who Joshua is.

Mayweather is SATURATED in any combat sports news. This fight will make a lot of noise in Japan. Rizin is just a catalyst for Floyd's options in the states.

like i said, unless your a boxing fan

inoue and murata are big names here
most average boxing fans have never heard of tenshin
even though he's a beast in kickboxing (which is sadly a very small fanbase)

this fight is clearly making a lot more noise in the U.S. than in japan

how? Rizin airs on a Japanese cable station without PPV's. The international broadcast is on some fledgling stream service. I dont see how this can generate enough to pay Floyds usual salary let alone match the Pac fight.

rizin on public tv for new years
but its the least viewed show of all the major channels

there is obviously some back story to why floyd is involved in this thing

Floyd has the strangest retirements.

Back