Floyd Mayweather Vs. Conor McGregor Matrix Highlight Reel

these last 2-3 years have been the greatest of conors career

s5h9d2ljpw2deb8zg.jpg

tenor.gif

Floyd toyed with Conor like he was an amateur. That's the truth.

Connor is an amateur when it comes to boxing.

If that video showed Conor in a positive spin and winning, this thread would be 19 pages long now heralding his sheer magnificence.

I remember watching the fight from this crowd angle, and somehow it looked even more 1 sided than the official version. Floyd was constantly snapping Conor's head back and giving him brain damage, effortlessly evading Conor's shots, and even the ones that did land were pathetic, and did absolutely nothing.

I knew Floyd would be the puncher in this fight, but even I was a bit shocked by quite how featherfisted and Paulie esque Conor's "power" was in this fight.

I remember watching the fight from this crowd angle, and somehow it looked even more 1 sided than the official version. Floyd was constantly snapping Conor's head back and giving him brain damage, effortlessly evading Conor's shots, and even the ones that did land were pathetic, and did absolutely nothing.

I knew Floyd would be the puncher in this fight, but even I was a bit shocked by quite how featherfisted and Paulie esque Conor's "power" was in this fight.
In fairness to Conor....

He's slow as fuck for boxing standards and facing a lightning rod counter puncher. It's hard to commit on your shots when you know he can hit you 3 times if you miss once

This might of been the worst performance of Floyd's career. Your'e talking about a guy who shut out Canelo and then loses 2 or 3 rounds to an mma fighter.

He needs to stay retired if he wants to stay undefeated.

I knew three quarters of the wins on Floyd's record were against skilled boxers who hit much harder than Conor ever dreamed of, so I kinda saw it coming. I figured if Conor caught him perfect---clean/flush early, worst case scenario Mayweather maybe grabs him for 3 seconds and pushes off and then beats his ass for his trouble. Like ends it that round and goes home, no matter how early it is.
As it was, he toyed with and clowned him and then took him in the deep water where he drowned. 100% to game plan. The easiest and most obvious path.

To Conor's credit, if he's smart (idk), he never has to work again. Live well and smart. A nice gift to have at his age.

In fairness to Conor....

He's slow as fuck for boxing standards and facing a lightning rod counter puncher. It's hard to commit on your shots when you know he can hit you 3 times if you miss once

conor couldnt even KO an electrician with a fucken cheap shot ... electrician took dat left hand better than aldo

L0L

This might of been the worst performance of Floyd's career. Your'e talking about a guy who shut out Canelo and then loses 2 or 3 rounds to an mma fighter.

He needs to stay retired if he wants to stay undefeated.
Floyd routinely starts slow by design

Usually by round 4 or 5 against really good boxers, they were fucked because he had them whether they knew it at that point or not

You're viewing this through the wrong lense

The delusion about this fight is crazy. Something I read in the heavies yesterday:

"lol. Conor won more rounds and landed more punches than Canelo and most of floyds opponents. The fact muppets like you need to make so many excuses just demonstrates how amazing Conor did. The fight was close until Conor gassed out. Keep living in denial."

incredulous.gif

It's insane how many people can watch boxing and literally have ZERO clue what they're watching.

The delusion about this fight is crazy. Something I read in the heavies yesterday:

"lol. Conor won more rounds and landed more punches than Canelo and most of floyds opponents. The fact muppets like you need to make so many excuses just demonstrates how amazing Conor did. The fight was close until Conor gassed out. Keep living in denial."

incredulous.gif

It's insane how many people can watch boxing and literally have ZERO clue what they're watching.

Conor carried Floyd.

In fairness to Conor....

Dunno man, not sure that was what was going on. When people are getting peppered and countered easily, it basically makes them gunshy right? They're afraid to throw at all. That's why Floyd and Bernard often managed to shut down an opponent's offence and punch output, and make them very tentative, despite not being big punchers.

In this fight, Conor WAS throwing, and when he threw the left hands he did - including the uppercut that landed - I think he was simply throwing hands, not thinking "Oh god I better not throw this one hard in case I get countered" :D

I think it just highlighted how big a difference there is between boxing and MMA chin, power, and defence. I think Conor really is that featherfisted compared to boxers. We just weren't used to seeing Conor in a boxing ring, with gloves, against an elite boxer, that wasn't an enraged manlet with no chin and no defence, rushing towards "da left hand" with his chin in the air ;)

incredulous.gif

Agreed, it boggles the mind. Not sure how someone could watch that fight, and just have no idea what was going on. But yeah, it's alarmingly common.

Just a couple of days ago an MMA fan in the UFC forum said - in all seriousness - that Conor would probably win a rematch. He would just have to work on not gassing this time, or something.

{<jordan}

I knew three quarters of the wins on Floyd's record were against skilled boxers who hit much harder than Conor ever dreamed of, so I kinda saw it coming. I figured if Conor caught him perfect---clean/flush early, worst case scenario Mayweather maybe grabs him for 3 seconds and pushes off and then beats his ass for his trouble. Like ends it that round and goes home, no matter how early it is.
As it was, he toyed with and clowned him and then took him in the deep water where he drowned. 100% to game plan. The easiest and most obvious path.

To Conor's credit, if he's smart (idk), he never has to work again. Live well and smart. A nice gift to have at his age.

Agreed 100%.

Don't get me wrong, I felt the same way as you - I knew every good opponent of Floyd's career hit significantly harder than Conor, even the smaller ones and even Floyd himself. I guess I was just still a bit taken aback by quite how puny the shots were, especially given the size difference :)

Last edited:
Back