Rumored Floyd Mayweather Jr. vs Takashi Ushiyama Dec.31st Japan

This guy who was an actual pro boxer is going to do worse than Conor Mcgregor?

Yes. Conor is actually an excellent boxer, even by pro boxing standards. Conor was also quite a bit bigger than Mayweather and a high-level athlete in his prime. This Uchiyama guy is a can. He's terrible with his range and won't move his head in the pocket. The easiest kind of opponent for Mayweather. He's going to get obliterated.

Yes. Conor is actually an excellent boxer, even by pro boxing standards. Conor was also quite a bit bigger than Mayweather and a high-level athlete in his prime. This Uchiyama guy is a can. He's terrible with his range and won't move his head in the pocket. The easiest kind of opponent for Mayweather. He's going to get obliterated.
you put htem in peak for peak Uchiyama would have plastered McGregor

you put htem in peak for peak Uchiyama would have plastered McGregor

Conor is a lot bigger and hits a lot harder than Corrales. The way this guy dives into exchanges I bet he would've got clocked by Conor's left the same way and ko'd clean.

Conor is a lot bigger and hits a lot harder than Corrales. The way this guy dives into exchanges I bet he would've got clocked by Conor's left the same way and ko'd clean.
lmao Conor would have gotten his shit pushed in by a real boxer, even a 130 pounder.

Also Corrales caught Uchi when he was done.

He should fight tekashi 69. More entertaining

the former number one rated junior lightweight in the world by ring mag
5 year wba champion
undefeated for 11 years
KOed solis, vasquez, miura, salgado
& future hall of famer

i know i didn't see someone attempt to include conor mcnuggets into the conversation

lmao Conor would have gotten his shit pushed in by a real boxer, even a 130 pounder.

Also Corrales caught Uchi when he was done.

Real boxer like Paulie? He was only four months removed from his last fight when he thought he could go and tool Conor. Not to mention he was a welter. Conor might lack the experience and little nuisance to be competitive in pro boxing. Definitely lacks the conditioning. But as far as punching mechanics and defensive instincts go he's very high level. You don't know what you're watching if you think Conor couldn't KO a 130er with terrible defense.

Real boxer like Paulie? He was only four months removed from his last fight when he thought he could go and tool Conor.

He did go in and tool Conor hence why the video of the sparring wasn't released after the fight, just the clip of Mcgregor knocking down a gassed Paulie who was out of shape.

Real boxer like Paulie? He was only four months removed from his last fight when he thought he could go and tool Conor. Not to mention he was a welter. Conor might lack the experience and little nuisance to be competitive in pro boxing. Definitely lacks the conditioning. But as far as punching mechanics and defensive instincts go he's very high level. You don't know what you're watching if you think Conor couldn't KO a 130er with terrible defense.
there's a reason you're talking about guys who were shot to shit, because those were the only guys Conor could look good again.

Also Uchi wasn't a walking punching bag. He wasn't a slickster but at his peak he had a pretty good guard and a pretty good reading of distance and unlike Conor, actually knew how to slip punches. Looping, telegraphed shots by McGregor aren't gonna be something he couldn't see coming.

there's a reason you're talking about guys who were shot to shit, because those were the only guys Conor could look good again.

Also Uchi wasn't a walking punching bag. He wasn't a slickster but at his peak he had a pretty good guard and a pretty good reading of distance. Looping, telegraphed shots by McGregor aren't gonna be something he couldn't see coming.

Do you really think Conor throws looping telegraphed shots?

god I miss Uchi. Watch the faces of the guys he's beating up in this Hancho video. They know they're done lol.

by boxing standards? yes

You're delusional. 2 rounds is maybe an exaggeration but this guy won't make it 4-5 rounds with Mayweather. His range control is absolutely horrendous and he's constantly squaring up in the pocket with zero understanding of weaving when he punches. Most "pro boxers" today are cans. Boxing is one of the few modern sports where the skill level has regressed far below.

You're delusional. 2 rounds is maybe an exaggeration but this guy won't make it 4-5 rounds with Mayweather. His range control is absolutely horrendous and he's constantly squaring up in the pocket with zero understanding of weaving when he punches. Most "pro boxers" today are cans. Boxing is one of the few modern sports where the skill level has regressed far below.
I said peak for peak Uchi beats the shit out of McGregor. Obviously Uchi is shot to shit and hasn't fought in years now. This is an exhibition match, what will probably happen is Uchi and Floyd will fuck around for a few rounds, say nice things about each other afterwards and collect phat paychecks.

and no that's just wrong. Uchi would usually go on the offensive but once he was up close he'd slip his opponents punch, reposition himself just slightly and tee off or attack the body. This happened dozens of times in his fights. He didn't move his head too much when coming in, but that's because he relied mostly on his gloves/guard and jab.

I don't even know why this is a discussion. Uchi was a much better boxer than McGregor could ever dream of being. All Conor really has is size.

Now that I think about it, Uchi is horrible for conor. Conor would spend the whole fight pawing his jab and trying to load up his left. He'd miss every one of his telegraphed lefts and Uchi would reposition himself slightly and bludgeon his body and head. If Conor couldn't handle Nate's punches he's not taking KO Dynamite well.

That doesn't make him a can it just makes this a mismatch due to their respective sizes and skill levels. Not that it matters because it's an exhibition fight, it's not going to show up on either BoxRec or Fight Fax.
yeah this is just a fun fight for two old guys to make lots of money. Floyd isn't gonna be serious in this fight and I don't think Uchi is gonna play the jackass the way Tenshin did.

Now that I think about it, Uchi is horrible for conor. Conor would spend the whole fight pawing his jab and trying to load up his left. He'd miss every one of his telegraphed lefts and Uchi would reposition himself slightly and bludgeon his body and head. If Conor couldn't handle Nate's punches he's not taking KO Dynamite well.

"Trying to load up his left"
"Looping telegraphed shots"

Man you're an absolute clown.

Back