Floyd Mayweather: "Conor McGregor aka Mr. I Like To Quit"

Conor McGregor copied everything from Mayweather, but McGregor is a much worse athelet. Mayweather must be very pissed about his success, although he's 10 times richer than Mr Tapout

He ain't no Conor McGregor when it comes to trash talking.

Whether he rents or not..You don't think he can afford to buy everything? The guy makes 20+ million per fight for the last 3 or 4 fights...I'd say he can pretty much buy whatever he wants.
If he is making $20mil+ per fight why was there all that talk of him wanting to take a flat $10mil. payout for UFC 200 with no PPV points?
Why was he bragging about getting a $10mil. payday at 202 instead of the $20mil you claim he makes?
http://www.si.com/mma/2016/08/20/conor-mcgregor-ufc-202-pay

Floyd Mayweather is the best fighter in the world but he doesn't know what a rear naked choke is.

so he wouldn't tap to a RNC? easy way to find out...

In the grappling community tapping does not necessarily equate to quitting. I can't speak for Mayweather but it's possible that he also is not looking at McGregor tapping as the quitting that he is referring to, but instead when he speaks on McGregor quitting he may be referring to the way that McGregor responded to adversity.

Cue a tirade of images from McGregor of rented cars being parked in the driveway of rented houses.

Floyd owns all his things, McGregor doesn't.
If they met on the street only one of them will come out alive.

I'm sure Conor's fine with the knowledge he can literally kill Floyd in a physical confrontation.

Also, even if you hate McGregor as an MMA fan should you really have his back considering how much boxers and boxing fans used to shit on our glorious sport.

Everyone knows I hate Conor. But I hate ignorance more.

I hate people who use the phrase "quit," in reference to an ending to an MMA fight, specifically when it comes to tapping out. There is a huge distinction to be made between tapping due to being in a literal inescapable position, and giving up, and sort coasting for 5 rounds without trying, or giving up between rounds even.

It seems Mayweather is equating the act of tapping, to a lack of courage or heart, when in fact it's a NATURAL ACT and a NORMAL ENDING to an MMA fight.

To be totally unbiased, I might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not criticizing Conor for the act of tapping, but the seeming ease and quickness in which he did tap. But let's not bullshit, we boff know that's not what the fuck he's talking about. He's not educated in the sport to be able to make that kind of differentiation.

If they met on the street only one of them will come out alive.

I'm sure Conor's fine with the knowledge he can literally kill Floyd in a physical confrontation.

Also, even if you hate McGregor as an MMA fan should you really have his back considering how much boxers and boxing fans used to shit on our glorious sport.

<36>

When people refer to Conor as a quitter. It was because of the panic wrestling. Not the tapping

Floyd would tap too if he fought MMA/BJJ

I'm a fan of both guys fighting ability ("Pretty Boy" Floyd Mayweather was better than "Money" imo, guy was a great boxer). But I find Mayweather's cheap attempts at egging Conor McGregor into a boxing match sad.

Here's why in short: A great boxer calling out a great mixed martial-artist for a boxing match is weak sauce. It's like saying "I want to fight you - and I can beat you - BUT no elbows, no kicking, no knees, no takedowns, etc. etc.". It's lame.

An MMA fight would be interesting. A boxing match? Nope. Not interested.

(BTW, interesting side note here is that Mayweather's last boxing match before he retired tanked on PPV. Sounds to me like he's desperate for attention.)

Both would be pretty lopsided, but a boxing match with Conor would be more competitive than an MMA fight with Floyd. At least Conor has some boxing, plus he has a good size and reach advantage over Floyd. I'd like to see an MMA fight just so I can see Floyd get ravaged in less than 30 seconds. I think Conor could last 3-5 rounds at least.

Cue a tirade of images from McGregor of rented cars being parked in the driveway of rented houses.

Floyd owns all his things, McGregor doesn't.

Spent a career fighting has been fighters, fighters a fragile broken version of their best sell. Fights Pacquiao with busted shoulders aqnd 6yrs without a stoppage. And still nowhere to be found.

Everyone knows I hate Conor. But I hate ignorance more.

I hate people who use the phrase "quit," in reference to an ending to an MMA fight, specifically when it comes to tapping out. There is a huge distinction to be made between tapping due to being in a literal inescapable position, and giving up, and sort coasting for 5 rounds without trying, or giving up between rounds even.

It seems Mayweather is equating the act of tapping, to a lack of courage or heart, when in fact it's a NATURAL ACT and a NORMAL ENDING to an MMA fight.

To be totally unbiased, I might be willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and say he's not criticizing Conor for the act of tapping, but the seeming ease and quickness in which he did tap. But let's not bullshit, we boff know that's not what the fuck he's talking about. He's not educated in the sport to be able to make that kind of differentiation.
I agree man. I do think he may not actually believe all the trash talk he says, but knows it gives him publicity (whether bad or good). Does he really think Conor is a quitter more so than he does say it to gather attention? I would lean towards the ladder.

I agree man. I do think he may not actually believe all the trash talk he says, but knows it gives him publicity (whether bad or good). Does he really think Conor is a quitter more so than he does say it to gather attention? I would lean towards the ladder.

Yeah, I would think he would only do it for publicity though if that publicity was leading to something, like a fight. Which, if that's gonna happen, that would be great.

Back