Floyd is NOT fighting Tenshin Nasukawa

Now my favorite conspiracy theory is that it was all a plot to give Tenshin visibility outside of Japan...

His wiki page got lots of access since the announcement.

Do you remember when Floyd first mentioned Canelo as a tentative opponent? He was 19 and hadn't fought in the U.S.

Soccer players are probably one of the most well rounded or even the most well rounded athletes.

I train MT, Boxing and some BJJ, but soccer now as well. Maybe its just me, but it feels like you are training your whole body. The money is also good lol one of my brothers friends plays in the 4th divison (germany) and earns 25-35k per month.

I think Ronaldo could beat Bolt, if the path is "zigzag" ... i know ... i know ... "under the right circumstances" ;)

I think he could be a good mid. distance runner. But he is still extremly fast ... i mean ... he runs on gras, in cleats + uniform + shin guards + shit technique ( compared to sprinters).

They dont strength like a rugby player. Soccer does not use upper body like boxing, or wrestling. They are fast, agile, and good cardio/stamina.

Well it really depends. But yeah soccer is
- as tough as a fight sport. The kicking, pushing, elbows and etc are insane and usually they are between two players running at full speed at each other. The injury rate is also insane. I have had less injuries in boxing than in soccer
- enduarance and especially performing when tired - you run for 90 mins with a 15 min break in between and you end up with about 8-15 km ran at the end and some of these kms are full speed 20-40 meter sprints
- technique with the ball - now that is something else. Most people can dribble with a basketball or throw with some accuracy with hands, but making an inch perfect pass with the required speed of a delivery, so your team mate can make a good first touch requires a lot of drilling, fantasy, technique and etc. The mind connection between dribbling, passing, shooting - you either have or you do not. This is where soccer is special. Technique with the ball.
- tactics - and after all that you get to the 50% of the game - the tactics. The game is so complex that it requires top coaches and tactics gurus to come up with a strategy for a whining team. There are like 15-20 zonal positions and all of them can be played in a different way. And Ronaldo perhaps was a very good right winger when young (due to speed), then good left inside forward in peak (due to athleticism and shooting technique) and now a central forward (due to developed sense of scoring, shooting technique - when older), but the guy would suck in most other positions and be average or below average in them. So Ronaldo the forward is world class, but Ronaldo the defender would not make a living as a professional footballer for example. Additonally to tactics - there is no other sport that is that much developed into this field as tactics in football.

In the end the Bolt comparison is just ridiculous.Boxing to MMA is not like running to soccer. Soccer is way more complex, has traditions and etc. Lets not make it that MMA is a rocket science. You go in as a world class boxer, chance you are successful with some training of course under MMA rules are pretty high. Otherwise top wrestlers would suck in MMA too. Having in mind wrestling does not have a professional scene and is quite under developed in comparison to boxing, I have no clue why people can not graps it that a professional world class boxer would do just fine and has an easy transition if not an easier one that a wrestler into the sport of MMA.

Here is Anthony Joshua showing off some tech. He got a late start in boxing. Obviously he doing something else before.

In the end the Bolt comparison is just ridiculous.Boxing to MMA is not like running to soccer. Soccer is way more complex, has traditions and etc. Lets not make it that MMA is a rocket science. You go in as a world class boxer, chance you are successful with some training of course under MMA rules are pretty high. Otherwise top wrestlers would suck in MMA too. Having in mind wrestling does not have a professional scene and is quite under developed in comparison to boxing, I have no clue why people can not graps it that a professional world class boxer would do just fine and has an easy transition if not an easier one that a wrestler into the sport of MMA.

The surface of the earth looks very smooth when observed from space; likewise, beings on this earth are apt to jump to the conclusion, if they can not see the nuances in something, that they also do not actually exist.

Because you are familiar with soccer, you are better able to observe many of the nuances and interplays that might otherwise go over the head of a casual observer, who's perspective is typified by a nominalistic outlook; because you are less familiar with mma, you are less able to observe many of the nuances and interplays that might otherwise go over the head of a casual observer, who's perspective is typified by a nominalistic outlook.

Different types of things you can potentially do in an MMA match have different weight, with regards to their ultimate potential influence over whether you succeed or fail at achieving victory under a partcular ruleset; all is not all equally interchangeable with regards to relevance.

If one where to think that such a certain set of capacities selected for for success under the ruleset of a sport of 'boxing', and such a certain set of capacities selected for for success under a common rulset of a sport of 'wrestling' (such as folkstyle) don't have any praxial difference between them, or further, that different given sets of capacities for one sport might incidentally be more or less 'fitted' with the sets of capacities selected for for success under a common ruleset of the sport of 'mixed martial arts', such would simply be a lack of perspective borne out of ignorance of the subject matter (or lack of ability to grasp altogether).

Back