Floyd: "I'm willing to help Ronda with her boxing"

Queen B

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
After Ronda talks so much shit about him, Floyd offers to help her out

"I want Ronda Rousey to hold her head up high and don't let this discourage you. If you need help as far as with boxing, I'm here to help you. It's all about timing and inches. "

http://fighthype.com/mayweathernews/mayweather_offers_to_help_rousey.html

But Ronda sticks with this guy

111215-ufc-Edmond-Tarverdyan-pi2-mp.jpg

"To help"

More likely to teach, Rounda looked like has never had a fight in her fucking life, 0 head movement..

Your boxing is suited for Boxing Floyd. Not MMA.

If Ronda still wants to do this she needs a MMA boxing/striking coach.

Boxing wouldn't help her that much, she can't clinch or take Nunes/Holm down.

Remember when Ronda was on the cover of the Ring Magazine? Lol

She could use it! Do it Flloyd!

I don't wanna see RR fight ever until she dumps her coach

Floyd uses the Philly shell style, but that's not the only style he knows. He's a student of the game. He understands distance timing , moving in and out of range and defensive boxing arguably better than anyone. Those coincidently are the things Ronda is terrible at.

Sounds like and ideal fit to me.

Well that was from 2015, and with all the shit that she and the UFC talked it made it far harder for her to humble her self and get help from Floyd. You know the media will bring it up endlessly and with how incredibly stubborn she is it's the hardest thing in the world.

But I do think she needs two major things. Better boxing, and wrestling takedowns. People have learned to shuck off her Judo style takedowns, and she doesn't have any options when they do. If she developed her boxing, including footwork, head movement, and added double and single leg takedowns she would develop some options. The other fighters are learning how to resist the Olympic level one trick pony thing.

Floyd uses the Philly shell style, but that's not the only style he knows. He's a student of the game. He understands distance timing , moving in and out of range and defensive boxing arguably better than anyone. Those coincidently are the things Ronda is terrible at.

Sounds like and ideal fit to me.

Educated answer. I'm sure the man can teach her something.

Something tells me that Floyd still wouldn't mind helping her. She's high profile and he would be in a position of authority. He promotes Errol Spence after all.

Kind of sad/amazing. Every step of the way Floyd was the bigger man than Ronda/Dana.

They obviously targeted him from the get go and came up with this crap to ride his coattails get the hack lib media talking about Ronda versus Floyd. Women are just as strong and she's the best ever.

she is never fighting again, so this conversation is kind of useless at this point.

they could do a TV show. "Ronda learns boxing with the Mayweathers". then show some footage of them grappling a little, Floyd compliments how tough/skilled/whatever Rousey is so both look good in the end, etc.

I think it's better suited than whatever "boxing" Tarverdyan is teaching her.

Back