Floyd has signed with Don King

BR

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Take it for what it's worth. I think this deserves it own thread as it really has nothing to do with Manny. It's all but official, sorry no internet link to provide. Not sure where this leaves Al Haymon but GBP is out of the picture.

"all but official"

"no internet link to provide"

How is this news?

"all but official"

"no internet link to provide"

How is this news?

Never said I'm providing breaking news. Just giving you guys the heads up. It's official when there is a press release, until then as I said take it for whats it's worth but I'm hearing he signed a multi fight deal with King.

Never said I'm providing breaking news. Just giving you guys the heads up. It's official when there is a press release, until then as I said take it for whats it's worth but I'm hearing he signed a multi fight deal with King.

Okay well if you can't link a source atleast tell us where you heard it

Okay well if you can't link a source at least tell us where you heard it

Someone from Golden Boy. Thats why I don't know what the status of Haymon is, because the only information I got was from the Golden Boy side. I don't know how Mayweather works so this is surprising. I figured Ellorbee was sitting next to Schaeffer last week at the JMM/Diaz card to smooth things over. Maybe Leonard is out too, I don't know it seems he had a good relationship with GBP.

Hate on King all you want but the man knows how to sell and Floyd isn't dumb enough to be raped on money. I think it's good news

Haymon is only his manager. I'm sure the deal with King would only be a promotional one

I like the move, if only because Don is a snake and will want to suck as much money out of Floyd as possible, meaning he will presumably fight more often. GBP and Haymon answered to Floyd, if Mike Tyson couldn't make Don answer to him I'm not sure Floyd will either.

I think this does hurt the undercard of the Pac/Floyd fight. At least Top Rank and GB have enough fighters to match against one another to make a solid undercard. I would hate to see K9 on the undercard of such a big fight.

Hate on King all you want but the man knows how to sell and Floyd isn't dumb enough to be raped on money. I think it's good news

King hasn't show he can promote modern day fights where it's all about how you can get your message across the internet. The UFC, Top Rank, and Golden Boy, pretty much in that order, have shown they can use the internet well. He can still talk for three minutes without taking a breath and be entertaining, but there's more too it than that.

Eh I'm sure King would make a good undercard. Put Agbeko and Cunningham on it and it'll be good.

Maybe King would even get Devon some exposure on the card.
King hasn't show he can promote modern day fights where it's all about how you can get your message across the internet. The UFC, Top Rank, and Golden Boy, pretty much in that order, have shown they can use the internet well. He can still talk for three minutes without taking a breath and be entertaining, but there's more too it than that.

Didn't you post the article about how King used the internet to show Agbeko-Perez in dozens of countries?

This is true. Although King can probably get on ESPN, FOX NEWS (seen him there a lot of times), Radio etc better than Schaeffer and Delahoya can. I think this is Kings last hoorah. Arum must be loving this. GBP uses Floyd for leverage when trying to get dates on HBO. They don't have a true superstar on their roster now. I expect a lot of other promoters are happy too.

Haymon is only his manager. I'm sure the deal with King would only be a promotional one

Won't save him from getting his legs broken :p

The $100 million contract was posted in the Mayweather vs Pacquiao thread a day or two ago. Even this guy from the examiner doesn't name his sources.
the $100 million came straight from Floyd's Facebook last week. I don't know the number to be honest. That was not news, this is. I don't think my source would lie, and I doubt this guy has the same source I have. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Take it for what it's worth. I think this deserves it own thread as it really has nothing to do with Manny. It's all but official, sorry no internet link to provide. Not sure where this leaves Al Haymon but GBP is out of the picture.

Unbelievable.

the 4 fight part surprises me. I thought he would have 2 more fights tops.

Cunningham is with Sauerland
Eh I'm sure King would make a good undercard. Put Agbeko and Cunningham on it and it'll be good.

Maybe King would even get Devon some exposure on the card.

Didn't you post the article about how King used the internet to show Agbeko-Perez in dozens of countries?
Posted via Mobile Device

Back