Floyd Being Attacked on IG

I like Floyd. He's one of the boxing goats imo . He's a great business man. But he's legit illiterate as f .

They coming for Floyd.

Floyd Jr. is GOAT
giphy.gif
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

See this is what most ppl get confused. Intellect isn't the same as intelligence. The former is essentially one's aptitude when it comes to logic, reasoning, and command of language. Its limited to mathematics, critical thinking/linguistics. The latter is so broad, there is no consensus as to its exact definition. What is certain however is that intelligence encompasses various types of mental aptitude, intellect included.

For example, would you call a world class guitar player who happens to be functionally illiterate dumb? Or a highly charismatic public speaker who doesnt know his basic times tables? Yes, Floyd is uneducated and has been rumored forever to have dyslexia. However if you refer to intelligence as one's ability to harness and apply knowledge and/or skills, or to problem solve then how can you say he's unintelligent?

Virtually a boxing savant which requires unmatched bodily kinesthetic awareness and high situational problem solving skills. On top of that, he also happens to be one of if not the wealthiest athlete ever in addition to being his own boss. That requires a high business acumen where emotional intelligence is damn near a prerequisite.

The man may be dumb in a conventional sense but he's not actually dumb if you get what I'm saying. Far from it.

The man was born wearing a pair of boxing gloves, do you know how hard it is to open a book w/ a pair of boxing gloves on? School didn't matter to him, he was never going to be anything other than a boxer. Floyd is uneducated I don't think that necessarily makes him stupid.

I seriously think his IQ is below 60 and I'm not saying that as an insult. The guy knows how to fight and his ring IQ is spectacular, but outside of that, he is legitimately retarded.
Bad pronunciation is one of the symptoms of dyslexia. Those people are being morons. Floyd 100% is dyslexic which makes it not so funny.

You can’t be expecting reasonable discussion on a thread that you lead off with by calling Floyd a ‘legitimate’ retard.

i think the world already knows
floyd's reading and writing skills are that of a 10 year old.

I mean floyd didn't come close to graduating hs. So it's known

I can’t believe this thread is still going

That's nuts. IQ versus vocabulary and formal education are two wholly different things. Floyd Mayweather Jr. has a high-IQ.
Plenty of examples to show that the very best in the game are often very smart individuals. Few with the education of say the Klitschkos, but...
White, black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, doesn't really matter. There are exceptions, but I think you're being hard on Floyd and I think if you look through history you'll see I'm generally right.
i suppose floyd was smart enough to have his wealth professionally managed or he would invest in more luxury urban strip clubs and 20 million dollar diamond bracelets

Last edited:
I like Floyd. He's one of the boxing goats imo . He's a great business man. But he's legit illiterate as f .
he was guided by al haymon and his promotion has one notable pony in davis outside of boxing im certain he has financial advisors otherwise he would blow his money on more supercars and jewelry

I think people downgrade his intelligence in order to feel above him.
As if he was just a very gifted athlete like Pacman and not a guy that could read his opponent and outsmart him inside the ring and under pressure
or not the guy that outsmarted the system, by leaving Arum, making his own promotions and making more money than any boxer or athlete.

You gotta be smart, having a really strong character and work ethic to do all those things.
al haymon was a factor

Yes, many things about his presidency are hilarious, from the outside, anyway. But when your incompetence costs lives, it's time for the joke to end.
Trump has actually done a great job managing an incredibly difficult and rapidly evolving situation. Perhaps if China had been more forthcoming with accurate information during the early stages then the US, the UK, Italy, Spain, etc, would have been better able to stem the tide before it started to swamp us all. Trump was also one of the very first leaders to close the borders with China and got accused of xenophobia and racism for it. He was right of course.

considering oscar's stage in his career he did better than most

Felix Sturm did better against Oscar.

but, my point is that with Floyd there’s no shortage of highlights... in his fight with Oscar, there was no presence of highlights.

how about a gif from his fight with Philip N’Dou

Intelligence is different from person to person. I used to work at a hardware store, and some winters when work is slow I go back for fun and work a few weeks leading up to Xmas. Very wealthy neighborhood where it was located, so many customers didn't know shit, but a couple came in professing engineer status and it was fun putting them in their place. One guy was a highly paid rocket scientist and it was insane dealing with him. He'd come in with these hand drawn blueprints for shit and try and explain his ideas for abnormal home fixer uppers, and while I'll give him that he did indeed have problems that needed think outside the box, I became his favorite because I wouldn't lose my temper with him like some of the other staff, I could tell him to slow down for a minute, and would have to help him un-overengineer his ideas and simplify everything and you could tell the project was overwhelming to him because he'd come in red faced and veins popping and you could tell he had been struggling all day with it and was too proud to listen to his wife about letting a handyman do it, and he'd get watery eyed and act like I just saved his kid with brain surgery after every visit, saying thankyou over and over lol.

It was same at steel forgery where I worked. I had no experience with hydraulic forging presses, was just a young guy who could weld, I had to deal with hoity toity engineers a lot, and for them, they weren't in the union so their careers depended on solutions they were supposed to know, and I often had to just tell them to calm down and get out of my way so I could save their job doing what looked obvious to me and was a theoretical nightmare for them. I would laugh at them, they'd be so fucking upset with me because they thought I was breaking the rules but I just kept solving the problems and they kept having jobs so it worked out.

Meanwhile, I have decent literacy but read and comprehend at extremely slow level (I can write a paragraph faster than I can read one, which is a dangerous slope lol) terrible attn span, and mathematics is not a strong area at all (I know what I know, but my strength lies in things I do like money, measurements, time, and musical application). I found it much easier to measure 1 or 2 parts of a fabrication to "outline" the overall size of something and then just eyeball everything else and do the sizing as was literally tack welding the work piece together.

My brother unfortunately denied himself a proper education, mental illness made it hard for him to be taught, he was essentially babysat during school because he would just talk over anyone trying to teach him, just preferred to hear his own voice and opinion on a subject he knew nothing about, but when his sickness got so bad he basically became a shut in, he started doing everything from engine rebuilds to computer programming software, music editing, building 3d printers and fabricating unique parts for his builds of various sorts, robotics... all this shit we have no ability to connect with him on, and we have no idea how he's figured it all out, but we are happy he is using his mind. Yet, the other day he asked me how to spell the word "believe". Go figure.

I dont think Floyd is a moron by any stretch, but clearly that is one area of his mind that doesn't fire like the rest of his qualities. Everyone has different strengths. He might seem totally brainless when it comes to speaking, reading, and who knows what else, but he seems to be another species of higher intelligence in the ring, and as Jake the Snake once said, "We all do things differently", meaning if it gets the job done, then you have a set of tools that are of value even if not everyone sees the world the same as you. Floyd has pissed away more money than this entire forum will ever make combined, including everyone who's ever been banned, let alone what he has made with his mind. He changed the game and made prize fighting bigger than any sport by being the highest paid athlete in sports, and he doesnt care what you guys think about his reading level or vocabulary. End of the day, money is food, shelter, and quality of life, and he has more than you by a mile. Kinda the point of existence fyi, an education is just a means to get those things, but you get them how you can, Floyd did it his way.
Nah!

Back