Floyd Being Attacked on IG

I think people downgrade his intelligence in order to feel above him.
As if he was just a very gifted athlete like Pacman and not a guy that could read his opponent and outsmart him inside the ring and under pressure
or not the guy that outsmarted the system, by leaving Arum, making his own promotions and making more money than any boxer or athlete.

You gotta be smart, having a really strong character and work ethic to do all those things.

Last edited:
In order to become a boxing promoter in the US you have to pass 2 written exams. Floyd not being able to read is a myth. The man never went to school like you and me.
Ali, Andre Ward, Tyson, Mikey Garcia all got fucked over by promoters in some form and could read and articulate very well. Mayweather’s business IQ makes him what he is, never had to leave the states to fight anyone, has a boring style to casual yet is the riches fight athlete in history, became a successful promoter while still boxing, owns a chain of gyms, clothing brands, strip clubs, real-estate, and much more. I dont think you realize how learning to read late in life can be.

Lol that businessman scammed ya’ll so bad and made it into office of the most powerful country in the world by throwing zingers and not explaining any sort of future plan. He is a marketing genius. Ya’ll should stop whining about it already.

Yes, many things about his presidency are hilarious, from the outside, anyway. But when your incompetence costs lives, it's time for the joke to end.

In order to become a boxing promoter in the US you have to pass 2 written exams. Floyd not being able to read is a myth. The man never went to school like you and me.
Ali, Andre Ward, Tyson, Mikey Garcia all got fucked over by promoters in some form and could read and articulate very well. Mayweather’s business IQ makes him what he is, never had to leave the states to fight anyone, has a boring style to casual yet is the riches fight athlete in history, became a successful promoter while still boxing, owns a chain of gyms, clothing brands, strip clubs, real-estate, and much more. I dont think you realize how learning to read late in life can be.

Floyd was on a radio station and had to read something. He couldn't.

Who mentioned anything about being fucked over by promoters?

People watched Mayweather because they wanted to see him lose. He knew he could make far more money from being an arrogant piece of trash than being a nice guy. It's been that way for a long time... part of a rotten culture. Owning a load of businesses doesn't mean you're intelligent. Do you actually think he plays a role in the running of those businesses? Come on.

Floyd was on a radio station and had to read something. He couldn't.

Who mentioned anything about being fucked over by promoters?

People watched Mayweather because they wanted to see him lose. He knew he could make far more money from being an arrogant piece of trash than being a nice guy. It's been that way for a long time... part of a rotten culture. Owning a load of businesses doesn't mean you're intelligent. Do you actually think he plays a role in the running of those businesses? Come on.

People like you are watching him to lose and fill his pockets with money.
Yet you are the intelligent one. Ok...

Intelligence is different from person to person. I used to work at a hardware store, and some winters when work is slow I go back for fun and work a few weeks leading up to Xmas. Very wealthy neighborhood where it was located, so many customers didn't know shit, but a couple came in professing engineer status and it was fun putting them in their place. One guy was a highly paid rocket scientist and it was insane dealing with him. He'd come in with these hand drawn blueprints for shit and try and explain his ideas for abnormal home fixer uppers, and while I'll give him that he did indeed have problems that needed think outside the box, I became his favorite because I wouldn't lose my temper with him like some of the other staff, I could tell him to slow down for a minute, and would have to help him un-overengineer his ideas and simplify everything and you could tell the project was overwhelming to him because he'd come in red faced and veins popping and you could tell he had been struggling all day with it and was too proud to listen to his wife about letting a handyman do it, and he'd get watery eyed and act like I just saved his kid with brain surgery after every visit, saying thankyou over and over lol.

It was same at steel forgery where I worked. I had no experience with hydraulic forging presses, was just a young guy who could weld, I had to deal with hoity toity engineers a lot, and for them, they weren't in the union so their careers depended on solutions they were supposed to know, and I often had to just tell them to calm down and get out of my way so I could save their job doing what looked obvious to me and was a theoretical nightmare for them. I would laugh at them, they'd be so fucking upset with me because they thought I was breaking the rules but I just kept solving the problems and they kept having jobs so it worked out.

Meanwhile, I have decent literacy but read and comprehend at extremely slow level (I can write a paragraph faster than I can read one, which is a dangerous slope lol) terrible attn span, and mathematics is not a strong area at all (I know what I know, but my strength lies in things I do like money, measurements, time, and musical application). I found it much easier to measure 1 or 2 parts of a fabrication to "outline" the overall size of something and then just eyeball everything else and do the sizing as was literally tack welding the work piece together.

My brother unfortunately denied himself a proper education, mental illness made it hard for him to be taught, he was essentially babysat during school because he would just talk over anyone trying to teach him, just preferred to hear his own voice and opinion on a subject he knew nothing about, but when his sickness got so bad he basically became a shut in, he started doing everything from engine rebuilds to computer programming software, music editing, building 3d printers and fabricating unique parts for his builds of various sorts, robotics... all this shit we have no ability to connect with him on, and we have no idea how he's figured it all out, but we are happy he is using his mind. Yet, the other day he asked me how to spell the word "believe". Go figure.

I dont think Floyd is a moron by any stretch, but clearly that is one area of his mind that doesn't fire like the rest of his qualities. Everyone has different strengths. He might seem totally brainless when it comes to speaking, reading, and who knows what else, but he seems to be another species of higher intelligence in the ring, and as Jake the Snake once said, "We all do things differently", meaning if it gets the job done, then you have a set of tools that are of value even if not everyone sees the world the same as you. Floyd has pissed away more money than this entire forum will ever make combined, including everyone who's ever been banned, let alone what he has made with his mind. He changed the game and made prize fighting bigger than any sport by being the highest paid athlete in sports, and he doesnt care what you guys think about his reading level or vocabulary. End of the day, money is food, shelter, and quality of life, and he has more than you by a mile. Kinda the point of existence fyi, an education is just a means to get those things, but you get them how you can, Floyd did it his way.

And yet he's worth half a billion and you're a bum working a 9 to 5 for crumbs :D

High IQ.

What does a former athlete's net worth have to do with intelligence?

Stop living vicariously through your idols. It's very sad.

Oh and he's not worth that now. He's awful with his money and has blown most of it. Which again would prove he's not very bright.

What does a former athlete's net worth have to do with intelligence?

Stop living vicariously through your idols. It's very sad.

Oh and he's not worth that now. He's awful with his money and has blown most of it. Which again would prove he's not very bright.
Boxing is different from ball sports in that you have to promote and market yourself to make money

He was one of the first to be his own boss and made over a billion dollars from it

And nah he's got like 50 mil in jewellery and another 50 mil in houses alone, his earring costs more than your entire bloodline

Nah! its like Trump, we all know he's a moron, even his apostles.

So weird. I know your stuck at home but why do you attempt to turn every discussion into a platform to take a dig at “our” President?

That's nuts. IQ versus vocabulary and formal education are two wholly different things. Floyd Mayweather Jr. has a high-IQ.
Plenty of examples to show that the very best in the game are often very smart individuals. Few with the education of say the Klitschkos, but...
White, black, Hispanic/Latino, Asian, doesn't really matter. There are exceptions, but I think you're being hard on Floyd and I think if you look through history you'll see I'm generally right.
its not his vocabulary, he is just really really stupid. some of you think because he can fight that somehow means he's smart

So weird. I know your stuck at home but why do you attempt to turn every discussion into a platform to take a dig at “our” President?
Well, he is on the news every night, talking nonsense. I've never witnessed a world leader look so out of his depth.
I will keep it to the appropriate thread, if it pains you.

Couldn’t care less about Floyd’s intellect ....I’m a fan of fighting

As it is the lockdown I’d guess Floyd is in the 80-90 range IQ wise.

Considering 100 is average although a lot of people think the average is higher than that.

It’s hard to believe a guy who has serious reading difficulties would be over 100.

I would again note that IQ/literacy and vocabulary are not related. Education is separate. Just pointing that out. Again.
Just going out on a limb here, but if you're a grown man that can't read and can't pronounce any word containing more than three letters, you probably don't have a great IQ.

Well, he is on the news every night, talking nonsense. I've never witnessed a world leader look so out of his depth.
I will keep it to the appropriate thread, if it pains you.

obviously I disagree. Anyway thank you.

Some forum members here coming off like they have low IQs themselves. How short sighted can you really be? Goes beyond what Floyd is being accused of, some of you just can't see things beyond what makes sense in your life. A long time contributor making perfect sense getting accused of lower intellectual standing himself because he can question outside the lane this thread was meant to travel in makes him "as retarded as Floyd"? Sounds like he has more looks than you, and fyi seeing more possibilities or a different view while grasping enough the original argument enough to refute it makes him look a hell of more intelligent that those piling on to knock Floyd.

Boxing, the most deadly game man can be sanctioned to play, the history and refinement of the game, the stakes and the pure science and psychology fighters master to statistically better their chances in a sport that can end a career with one bad matchup, and we are going to talk shit about a fighter who beat every conceivable style and athletic god gifted man who stood in front of him as well as every business pitfall in a system designed to use up the fighters and enrich the promoters who until Floyd were the real undefeated ones... LOL.

Floyd was a hell of an athlete, but he was like a Tyson who never cracked, he was wise with his body and never lacked discipline. Always worked hard, even between fights, and that was as good and wise as money saved in the bank, maturity from an early age. His athletic prowess was a result of the same brain that made him 6 steps ahead of everyone, the most cerebral in the game. Stop kidding yourselves, genius is genius, and no body is perfect, or without personal downfalls.

Roll McCallum, Toney, young Tyson and Bhop into one brain, you might get a fighter more intelligent than Floyd, MAYBE. Floyd made everyone look stupid and amateur in there. A sport as old and as refined as boxing, and that's never been done with such efficiency. Stop kidding yourselves.

I wouldn't waste a second on reading or math if I saw a clear path to greatness like he did by other means. And that in and of itself... how much more risk do you need pissing a good life away trying to make it work as a boxer? If he really squandered a chance at an education and calculated such a risk and vision for his life, he was seeing things you can't and fighter's much more gifted than you couldn't see either.

I'll never get tired of watching Floyd smile or shake his head no at someone who just threw the kitchen sink at him, he knew all along.

@PHATV got your back, you couldn't be more dead on. Some shortsighted ones here, or just salty jealous ones. Either way.

Boxing is different from ball sports in that you have to promote and market yourself to make money

He played the role of the arrogant loud mouth perfectly. That's what made people tune in - they wanted to see him lose. I wasn't one of them though - I started watching him from the DLH fight onwards and never bought a single one of his fights.

And nah he's got like 50 mil in jewellery and another 50 mil in houses alone, his earring costs more than your entire bloodline

100 million isn't a lot when you spend like he does. And as if he's going to sell all that jewellery. Jewellery is a part of his vapid identity.

Why do you think he embarrasses himself in Japan for a few million? For fun? No, he needs the money.

You REALLY are taking this personally. LMFAO

Floyd is very aware that he struggles with reading and looks like a moron at times. thats why he tries to talk like he is some smart businessman. He hasn't done anything that would indicate that he indeed made "smart investments". We will see in 20 years how well his investments payed off for him. His wealth was caused by him being a fantastic fighter, fighting very big names, being a shittalker that everyone hates, and being managed by al haymow, who actually is a good businessman.
Floyd is definitely not very bright, but he doesn't have to be. But his constant talk about him being a smart businessman is kind of pathetic.

Back