Florida: KKK impersonator fights drag queen with tiki torch, runs for mayor

Wasn't Adam Corolla who used to have a segment on his show called Florida or Germany? He would read a fucked up story and then you had to guess if it happened in Florida or Germany.

It's weird because I don't remember this state being the butt of every joke when I was a kid. WTF happened to Florida in the past 20 years? It's like East Germany went full Tea Party.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that a lot of our laws were originally written on the napkins of Manhattan bars and boardrooms. Florida was organized to be the state that wealthy Americans with skeletons in their closets could run to and protect/stash their riches (e.g. there was a reason why OJ ran here after losing his California civil suit). So there was a Wild West mentality from the beginning. A huge transient population that doesn't trust eachother bookended by a large Cuban and growing South American population in the south that doesn't trust government or law and a large redneck population in the north that doesn't trust government or law. It makes for quite a motley crew.

Not that there's any reason to trust government or law in Florida:

Federal corruption convictions alone topped 800 in Florida between 1988 and 2007, higher than any other state.
http://www.floridatoday.com/article...106021/Our-Views-Culture-of-corruption-Jan-7-

Wasn't Adam Corolla who used to have a segment on his show called Florida or Germany? He would read a fucked up story and then you had to guess if it happened in Florida or Germany.

It's a Carolla thing

^Yeah, I remember way back when Florida was just the state America went to die.

Now it's the state that America avoids so they don't.

It's in the news far too often, and never for good reasons.

Lol at the rest of America avoiding Florida. The rest of the country flocks here for their vacations.

Just moved to jacksonville I like it so far even thought im right down the street from the gas station where that guy shit that kid over loud music

I went to florida once there were alligators I was like wtf

Haters gonna hate.

Just moved to jacksonville I like it so far even thought im right down the street from the gas station where that guy shit that kid over loud music
Bay Meadows?

It's weird because I don't remember this state being the butt of every joke when I was a kid. WTF happened to Florida in the past 20 years? It's like East Germany went full Tea Party.

Large relative population/high relative population growth + open records law = internet hype machine.

A lot of it has to do with the fact that a lot of our laws were originally written on the napkins of Manhattan bars and boardrooms. Florida was organized to be the state that wealthy Americans with skeletons in their closets could run to and protect/stash their riches (e.g. there was a reason why OJ ran here after losing his California civil suit). So there was a Wild West mentality from the beginning. A huge transient population that doesn't trust eachother bookended by a large Cuban and growing South American population in the south that doesn't trust government or law and a large redneck population in the north that doesn't trust government or law. It makes for quite a motley crew.

Not that there's any reason to trust government or law in Florida:

http://www.floridatoday.com/article...106021/Our-Views-Culture-of-corruption-Jan-7-

Quality insight. I've always thought of the large influx of people as the state equivalent of trying to cram 10 lbs of sh*t into a 5 lb bag. Eventually, it reaches the tipping point and there is sh*t everywhere

wNY6aM.gif

Thanks, Rabbit.

I think of this gif everytime I hear Florida mentioned in the news.

Do we really have a use for Florida at this point an time? Maybe we can sell them to the British

Do we really have a use for Florida at this point an time? Maybe we can sell them to the British

From a bass fishing perspective Florida produces more DD bass than any other state, that's all I got.

Bumping thread because there's a surge of crazy Florida news right now.

This. Florida didn't have a bad reputation going all the way back to the 1970's, and now it's one of the worst states in the US according to what I keep hearing about it.

This might be one of the greatest thread titles ever on here.

Definitely this. You don't often see thread titles like this one. I HAD to click on it.

I wonder if it's the same dude who kicked Faust's ass a few months back.

Back