Florida Gov drafts bill to legally shoot suspected looters

What causes the disproportionate violent crimes black people commit? And are you suggesting that if we just ignore them by not reacting to them through arrest and prosecution that they just didn't happen?
poverty, lack of education, low support in the community for mental health issues, among many other things.

absolutely none of this has to do with black crime, unless you're admitting police kill innocent black people on the assumption that most black people aren't innocent.

Never seen them burn a neighborhood house... Has

I agree that is wasn't racism but just terrible protocol from the police.

You do know that the police officer who actually got shot is now trying to sue the boyfriend for shooting him...

Even though they barged in the middle of the night on them. Unbelievable and pathetic.

I won't argue with you there. The gray area comes down to whether or not the police identified themselves and whether or not Breonna's boyfriend heard them. We will probably never know.

But the good cops allow these bad cops to flourish. So I question you're statement.

Good cops do allow bad cops to flourish but I'm talking about the general public. People act like defenders of cops are defenders of police brutality. That's as dishonest as saying Trump voters are racists.

One thing people do need to do is put themselves in the cops shoes for a moment. These guys deal with shitty people on almost a daily basis. The kind of people you may not ever have to deal with in your life. These situations aren't always as cut and dry as we think. On the other hand, when they pull shit like they have in some cases, they need to be held to a higher order because they are paid to protect and serve and be more honest than the average citizen.

It's all about accountability from both sides. It's not just one side or the other that needs to be held accountable.

poverty, lack of education, low support in the community for mental health issues, among many other things.

absolutely none of this has to do with black crime, unless you're admitting police kill innocent black people on the assumption that most black people aren't innocent.

No I am admitting that there are an over representation of violent black criminals...and you simply can't ignore them...

No I am admitting that there are an over representation of violent black criminals...and you simply can't ignore them...
what does that have to do with innocent black people, though? that is completely unrelated to this conversation. no one was talking about violent criminals being killed by police

what does that have to do with innocent black people, though? that is completely unrelated to this conversation. no one was talking about violent criminals being killed by police

All units all units robbery in progress suspect escaped on foot. Described to be black wearing a dark hoody...

How the fuck are you going to proceed with out race profiling?

All units all units robbery in progress suspect escaped on foot. Described to be black wearing a dark hoody...

How the fuck are you going to proceed with out race profiling?
the same way you would if it was white wearing a dark hoodie. ask questions first, shoot way later.

the fact remains, none of the people i’m talking about are criminals. you felt the need to bring up violent criminals because i mentioned black people.

the same way you would if it was white wearing a dark hoodie. ask questions first, shoot way later.

the fact remains, none of the people i’m talking about are criminals. you felt the need to bring up violent criminals because i mentioned black people.
You think police just walk up to black people and shoot first?

Lol

Oh dear lord

then that's a problem with the police. make them better at their job.

Lol the police being good or bad at their job is a completely different conversation altogether. And you didn't answer my question.

It's not just Florida but the south in general, I'll never under the mind set there.

Yea obviously there's a lot of wannabe Cowboys down here man lol. I just don't think this rule change would apply to that. Now if we are talking about fake heros patrolling areas looking for someone to shoot it'd be pretty absurd. But if it is specific enough to detail individuals protecting their businesses, I think it's a good update. They just have to ensure it's on point and does leave avenues of abuse open.

Reading the bill its pretty loose in how it determines something to be a riot:

Especially (b) which seems to me that any protest against a the government or police can then be interpreted as a violent assembly and if someone throws an egg it is now considered a felony and they can be shot in self defense.

I don't think it's that loose, but agree it could be tightened up some. I think that B-part you're talking about you may be nervous because it gives leeway to like "a cop got pushed so he blasted a dude, legally" lol. I can so how that can be abused so would sign up for a language adjustment there. Actually reading it, seems like if they just left it at A-part it would be perfect.

This is excellent. Looters are opportunistic scumbags and are a blight on society. Citizens should be allowed to shoot looters with no repercussions.

Lol the police being good or bad at their job is a completely different conversation altogether. And you didn't answer my question.

Yea obviously there's a lot of wannabe Cowboys down here man lol. I just don't think this rule change would apply to that. Now if we are talking about fake heros patrolling areas looking for someone to shoot it'd be pretty absurd. But if it is specific enough to detail individuals protecting their businesses, I think it's a good update. They just have to ensure it's on point and does leave avenues of abuse open.

I don't think it's that loose, but agree it could be tightened up some. I think that B-part you're talking about you may be nervous because it gives leeway to like "a cop got pushed so he blasted a dude, legally" lol. I can so how that can be abused so would sign up for a language adjustment there. Actually reading it, seems like if they just left it at A-part it would be perfect.
i thought it was mildly obvious i was saying calling the police was the correct, best choice in that case.

don’t get me wrong, i hate cops. i would rather people defend themselves & their livelihoods with weapons. but if you’re not going to abolish the police, they need to be the peacekeeper

rayshard brooks, daniel prude, stephon clark, atatiana jefferson, breonna taylor, elijah mcclain, philando castille, george floyd, among others. you can download an entire database here:

https://mappingpoliceviolence.org/
<LikeReally5>

A home invader who OD'd on fentanyl while being arrested, a drug dealer whose 2nd consecutive drug dealer bf shot at cops serving a warrant, a guy convicted of beating up his kids, stole a cop's tazer and tried to shoot him in the face with it, and a guy who choked on his own vomit in a spit mask after trying to spit on cops saying he has coronavirus, and multiple time domestic abuser who was breaking into cars and reached into his pocket running away from police? Come on, fella,

Florida is already looked at as a free for all and now they want to make it easier to shoot people. It's just strange.

As soon as a white boy gets stretched they'll revisit this policy, so i'm not all the concerned lol.
Coould you imagine

lead_large.jpg

<LikeReally5>

A home invader who OD'd on fentanyl while being arrested, a drug dealer whose 2nd consecutive drug dealer bf shot at cops serving a warrant, a guy convicted of beating up his kids, stole a cop's tazer and tried to shoot him in the face with it, and a guy who choked on his own vomit in a spit mask after trying to spit on cops saying he has coronavirus, and multiple time domestic abuser who was breaking into cars and reached into his pocket running away from police? Come on, fella,
<Huh2>

you poor racist. read the details of each case, i'm not even going to pretend this is worth arguing with you.

Fcuk it, why bother with courts. Let's let anyone who suspects anyone else of a crime, even when no one's life is actually in danger, just shoot the suspect.

I can understand disliking rioters and looters. I can't understand backing something so un-American and insane just because of rioters and looters.

Back