Florida Gov drafts bill to legally shoot suspected looters

The problem is that people like you probably didn't believe that SOME police have been doing crimes towards people in the communities for years.

Technology is just exposing them now. Can you imagine how many crimes they didn't get caught doing to citizens..

No, the problem is that people think that people who defend the cops, defend police brutality as well.

They don't.

You'd think but no. Stand Your Ground is good protection, but it protects you as a person. So in FL if I go up to HomeCheese and start pushing you and punch you and rush you, you can legally shoot me to defend yourself. This will expand on that, so if HomeCheese owns a business and 6 rioters come there to smash it up, and HomeCheese tells them to leave but they curse out HomeCheese, then HomeCheese can use any force necessary including shooting them to stop them from smashing the business.

It's not just Florida but the south in general, I'll never under the mind set there.

PM me your address so I can come steal all your shit and burn your house down. I'm protesting.

Never seen them burn a neighborhood house... Has
Is Breonna Taylor a cut and dry case of murder? It was just an awful situation all around. The cops got shot at and they shot back and an extremely unfortunate thing happened as a result. It was not murder and it certainly wasn't a case of a white cop murdering a black woman due to racism.

I agree that is wasn't racism but just terrible protocol from the police.

You do know that the police officer who actually got shot is now trying to sue the boyfriend for shooting him...

Even though they barged in the middle of the night on them. Unbelievable and pathetic.

No, the problem is that people think that people who defend the cops, defend police brutality as well.

They don't.

But the good cops allow these bad cops to flourish. So I question you're statement.

you mean like cops do to black people?

anyways, in b4 this crowd shows up

m5BUUfN.jpg

Black cops shoot more black suspects than white cops.
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/dec/26/black-suspects-more-likely-to-be-shot-by-black-cop/

Because racism!

reginald1.jpg

Well there should be a clear difference. If it's referring to "rioting" and they build that in, then something has to has happened and it makes sense. Defense might fall flat if nothing actually happened that is provable, and there's a dead dude after an argument in the front or something like that. But if there's actual damage to the property or business, then yea dead dude might have a weak case. I'm okay with that given both knowing someone close to me who powerlessly lost their business to rioters, and the fact that I don't really see how else you can protect a business from a group of rioters without use of force.
Reading the bill its pretty loose in how it determines something to be a riot:
“violent or disorderly assembly” means the gathering of seven or more persons resulting in conduct which: (a) creates an immediate danger of damage to property or injury to persons; (b) substantially obstructs law enforcement or other governmental functions or services; or (c) by force, threat of force, or physical action deprives any person of a legal right or disturbs any person in the enjoyment of a legal right.

Especially (b) which seems to me that any protest against a the government or police can then be interpreted as a violent assembly and if someone throws an egg it is now considered a felony and they can be shot in self defense.

When theft is made a capital crime shooting looters will make sense.

But right-wing psychopaths gonna' right-wing psychopath. Anyone who's read some of the posts in the BLM protest threads has seen the blood lust on full display.

Again, dishonest.

Warrant was legal at the time and they didn't know it was on the grounds of bad information. They didn't kill anyone in cold blood. They got shot at through a wall and they shot back in defense through the wall. It was just a bad situation all around.

You read like CNN. Cop gets shot at through a wall and returns fire through the wall and you write the headline "Cop shoots innocent black woman in a premeditated murder in cold blood".
premeditated may not have been the best word for it but they barged into someone's home with weapons drawn on bad information. impossible to justify.

How many race-related killings is this gonna lead to? I see this as a way to muzzle racial protests as armed people will serve as a deterrent for even peaceful protests.

"oh a i see a black guy with a hoodie and skittles and he looks like hes up to no good. I'm gonna shoot him"

Its bad enough that Ron DeSantis fucked up Covid that led to the 2nd spike in deaths this summer

Its not a surprise this Bunker Boy fan has a shit approval rating

Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden was viewed favorably among 46% of voters and unfavorably by 47%.

What's you're fucking point.

it was a no-knock warrant, which means the police are not legally required to identify themselves as police before entering your home. that type of warrant is now illegal in louisville, KY

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-u...in-louisville-in-law-named-for-breonna-taylor

But it was legal then. And they did id themselves or at least they say they did and some say they did and others say they didn't.

Just to make things clear I don't support no knock expect under very limited use.

the ethnicity of the officer who kills doesn't change racial profiling and disproportionate violence by police on black people. if every single cop was black, and the stats were the same, it would still be abuse of power hinging on race

What causes the disproportionate violent crimes black people commit? And are you suggesting that if we just ignore them by not reacting to them through arrest and prosecution that they just didn't happen?

it was a negligent, premeditated death at the hands of police that they will face no charges for. one of them, however, will face charges for a bullet entering a neighbor's apartment. not the 5 bullets that entered an innocent black woman sleeping in her bedroom.
Way off topic, but Ms. Taylor was not asleep when she was shot. What does Breonna Taylor's death have to do with this thread? Oh yeah, @Queen B is a hack that had to incorporate a racist angle into this thread about looting. Cause yno, only black people loot when there's rioting on the streets :rolleyes:.

But it was legal then. And they did id themselves or at least they say they did and some say they did and others say they didn't.

Just to make things clear I don't support no knock expect under very limited use.
there were a dozen witnesses. only one claimed to hear any sort of identification from the police, and walker (the boyfriend who shot at them) had no idea who had shot his girlfriend, per his 911 call.

Never seen them burn a neighborhood house... Has

I agree that is wasn't racism but just terrible protocol from the police.

You do know that the police officer who actually got shot is now trying to sue the boyfriend for shooting him...

Even though they barged in the middle of the night on them. Unbelievable and pathetic.

Sometimes I wonder if even cops are in favor of no-knock warrants. It seems like a recipe to get shot by startled residents.

Back