Elections Florida... Fed's Step in to stop Racist Election Laws

He says while ignoring everything I posted debunking it.
Stop saying you've debunked anything. Without reinforcement of victim status, the liberal/progressive movement would have nothing.

Stop saying you've debunked anything. Without reinforcement of victim status, the liberal/progressive movement would have nothing.

Your 10 year old talking point was thoroughly debunked by me and the courts.

You're the only one with a victim complex in this conversation.

I'm not the most political guy but how is showing an ID racist. You need an ID for almost everything important. This is why I can't stand politics...
I know you're probably just going to ignore this like most right wingers do when I point this out but the reason people think that is because these law makers specifically make it harder for blacks to vote and in the case of the North Carolina GOP even admitted it in court

So when the GOP says they want to make it harder for blacks to vote so that it reduces Democrat turn out, its gonna come off as a bit racist. Notice that in this case the "voter ID" law included a provision to reduce Sunday voting. What does that have to do with voter IDs and election integrity?

Whenever you point out the clear evidence of targeting of black voters they just ignore it and go back to repeating the same garbage talking points. That guy in particular is a master at that, he's even admitted that he takes pride in never changing his mind and that's pretty clear when you see how he's immune to any kind of evidence or argumentation.

Again, you've debunked nothing.
And your "No, you!" response- Concession accepted.

Again, you've debunked nothing.
And your "No, you!" response- Concession accepted.

Did you read anything I posted?

Explain to me how it was wrong?

Until then you've been thoroughly debunked.

Your shit sucks. Your talking points are old. Get new propaganda your brain is weak.

Whenever you point out the clear evidence of targeting of black voters they just ignore it and go back to repeating the same garbage talking points. That guy in particular is a master at that, he's even admitted that he takes pride in never changing his mind and that's pretty clear when you see how he's immune to any kind of evidence or argumentation.

State level GOP have used their control of local legislatures to access voter registration, exit polls, and other racial demographic polling to target democrat voters in their states to discourage those people from voting in their states. It's not about preventing in person voter fraud(Because it doesn't LOL), it's about depressing the vote in democrat areas in their states.

It is court record and it is known.

lol. No. Why would I do that?

State level GOP have used their control of local legislatures to access voter registration, exit polls, and other racial demographic polling to target democrat voters in their states to discourage those people from voting in their states. It's not about preventing in person voter fraud(Because it doesn't LOL), it's about depressing the vote in democrat areas in their states.

I accept your concession.

So you believe reinforcement of victim culture by liberals and progressives is not a thing?
<{MingNope}>

I accept your concession.
I just don't bother reading your posts beyond the first line. I mean, to say that victim status is not incredibly important to what passes for the democratic party these days, there's no response. Is like arguing with someone saying the sky is green. Its blue, period. And democrats without the victim and the imagined oppressor- they would be extinct. Period. You make saints out of trash like George Floyd. You have holidays (entire months actually) dedicated to reminding black people how the deck is stacked against them.

I just don't bother reading your posts beyond the first line. I mean, to say that victim status is not incredibly important to what passes for the democratic party these days, there's no response. Is like arguing with someone saying the sky is green. Its blue, period. And democrats without the victim and the imagined oppressor- they would be extinct. Period. You make saints out of trash like George Floyd. You have holidays (entire months actually) dedicated to reminding black people how the deck is stacked against them.

If you want to talk about something else you can create your own thread.

Please stay on topic.

Any rebuttal to multiple courts finding the same thing since this voter ID movement started?

So you believe reinforcement of victim culture by liberals and progressives is not a thing?
<{MingNope}>
I believe you're completely ignoring the argument in order to bellyache about some generic anti-left talking points.

<{MingNope}>

It's not unique to the left... victim culture is everywhere... on the right everybody is a victim of fear of crime and jobs being stolen by illegals, tax theft, etc.

Why can't you just answer me?
Because its not relevant to the wider thread in light of the clear evidence that the GOP is trying to make it harder for blacks to vote. But if I answer your question, will you answer mine? Doubt it but I'll do my part nonetheless.

There is a victimhood culture on the left and among Democrats generally speaking. But two things to consider are that its not unique to them, many on the right in the wake of the Obama years have developed their own victimhood culture. And second, its not that relevant here since we have hard evidence that the GOP is trying to make it harder for blacks to vote so its not an invented grievance.

Now for my question; in light of the clear evidence that the GOP is trying to make it harder for blacks to vote via state voter ID laws like the North Carolina one, don't you think that its at least somewhat reasonable for Democrats to be skeptical of such laws?

It's not unique to the left... victim culture is everywhere... on the right everybody is a victim of fear of crime and jobs being stolen by illegals, tax theft, etc.
I'm trying to think of the rights version of something as harmful and destructive as BLM or LGBTwhatever. Who is the rights George Floyd? What is the rights version of transgender surgery for preteens?

I know you're probably just going to ignore this like most right wingers do when I point this out but the reason people think that is because these law makers specifically make it harder for blacks to vote and in the case of the North Carolina GOP even admitted it in court

So when the GOP says they want to make it harder for blacks to vote so that it reduces Democrat turn out, its gonna come off as a bit racist. Notice that in this case the "voter ID" law included a provision to reduce Sunday voting. What does that have to do with voter IDs and election integrity?

I get what you're saying... That's a better explanation than others have said. Politics are so dirty, there always seems to be more to the story... I don't get hard into politics, so when I hear people say stuff like it's hard for black people to get IDs it's insulting. That should offend every person of color. That would literally be calling them inferior.

I get what you're saying... That's a better explanation than others have said. Politics are so dirty, there always seems to be more to the story... I don't get hard into politics, so when I hear people say stuff like it's hard for black people to get IDs it's insulting. That should offend every person of color. That would literally be calling them inferior.
Right but no one is saying that, they're pointing out the clear evidence that GOP state legislatures are trying to make it harder for blacks to vote. They literally commissioned a study on voting habits by race and targeted the methods used by blacks, how is that not racist?

Right but no one is saying that, they're pointing out the clear evidence that GOP state legislatures are trying to make it harder for blacks to vote. They literally commissioned a study on voting habits by race and targeted the methods used by blacks, how is that not racist?

Being someone like myself who doesn't actually follow what's in these laws, I wouldn't know that. When people talk about, even on tv, they make it sound like people of color can't get online etc.. etc... Politics are just dirty man. I know I sound ignorant but I don't understand why everyone can't just try working together, instead of tearing each other down all the time.

Back