Crime Florida Cop Arrested for planting meth and other drugs in over 120 cases

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by Chest Rockwell, Jul 11, 2019.

1. Swing

Swing Brown Belt

Maybe one of our resident LEOs could say for sure, but it seems unlikely to me that everyone in these scenarios accuses the cop of planting drugs.

And if it is the case, then body cam footage needs to be readily available so someone who has been framed has some manner of defense. I'm beginning to think that body cam footage should be automatically uploaded to the internet.

2. G-19

G-19 Orange Belt

I’m Not referring to the body camera. People have dash cameras, cell phones, home and business security cameras, street pod cameras and our own body cameras. It isn’t as easy as you make it sound to “turn it off”. He’s caught and fucked isn’t he? I always assume I’m being recorded and honestly I could give a shit. If I can cut someone a break, I almost always will.

usmctanker242 and volodya like this.
  3. Swing

Swing Brown Belt

At this point I'm wondering why having the camera off doesn't qualify as misconduct to the effect that the person being arrested gets to argue for the charges to be dropped.

4. GearSolidMetal

GearSolidMetal I'm here to chew bubblegum and bang your mom. Platinum Member

This is not a partisan discussion.

Everyone is disgusted by this officer's actions, and hopes when he is convicted he will go to general population in prison and told to sink or swim.

Make this motherfucker an example that every police officer to see what will happen if you become dirty.

Krixes, WandySaku2, MT7 and 4 others like this.
  5. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

Turn. The dashcam off. Or break it. 80% of police in Chicago do that.

https://www.illinoispolicy.org/repo...cago-police-vehicles-intentionally-destroyed/

And it took several years and fucking with a connected person for this guy to get caught. They said he had often turned off the recordings, so it cant be that fucking hard.

6. oldshadow

oldshadow Steel Belt

Turning off a bodycam if proven should be grounds for being fired in and of itself.

7. Amerikuracana

Amerikuracana Double Yellow Card Double Yellow Card

This is one of my very least favorite crimes. Scumbag idiots.

8. THEfightsAREfixed

THEfightsAREfixed Master Servant

was the crystal even high quality stuff???

usmctanker242 likes this.
  9. G-19

G-19 Orange Belt

It’s easy to turn off your camera and I have no idea what his department policy or state law is but this kind of shit would get us fired at best. You can’t just deactivate in the middle of a call. We have to come to a conclusion and “code it out” and then we deactivate. This guy sounds like an idiot and his whole body of work which contains good arrests is now ruined along with the lives he ruined, including his own.

That article is 3 years old... you’re kidding me right? Read our current general order (its on google) on the in car camera and get back to me. It’s almost like you don’t even try to be honest. Also, that article very simple states SOME were intentionally damaged and that was from 2015. I’m also referring to every Lyft, Uber, Taxi and personal driver with a dashcam not just police. Try and not generalize and you’ll have a better understanding.

usmctanker242 likes this.
  10. 7437

7437 Gold Belt

Lol. So 3 years ago 80% were corrupt garbage scum, but now they are all totally good? That's a stretch.

Crazy Diamond likes this.
  11. G-19

G-19 Orange Belt

Jesus... read the article you posted. Or is that too difficult of a task? It says SOME were intentionally destroyed. Read a little bit farther than the first paragraph and they talk more about it. If you knew what pieces of shit those cameras were you might understand. This city has no money, everything we have is purchased from or created by the lowest bidder. Not only that, but since then we are all required to wear body cameras literally rendering the mics and the in car systems obsolete. I have an idea, I already posted this but why not just read the general order.

Looking at your comments, you’ve already formed a shit opinion that involves zero critical thinking but hey do you bud.

usmctanker242 and SongXIII like this.
  12. ocfightfan

ocfightfan Gold Belt

That is truly horrible. If he did that then throw the book at him.

TheLastSpartan likes this.
  13. carlos cadona

carlos cadona Opinions subject to change

I wonder what percentage of cases involve police officers fabricating evidence.

ithinktheymad and TheLastSpartan like this.
  14. newerest

newerest Purple Belt

I think you severely discount how often this is said by someone arrested though

If you ask an inmate if they were guilty they will almost never say yes

15. kenetics

kenetics Red Belt

Us minorities knew this was happening for the past 30 yrs. Nothing new. Just find it sad that people didnt believe us. Smh.

16. Fedorable

Fedorable Continues without supporting Sherdog.

I agree, good quote.

Poorly executed quote, but I understand the sentiment. Your metaphor is bad.

volodya likes this.
  17. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

Lawsuit damages come out of the police pension fund. You will see this thin blue line shit go away. The older ones will keep the younger ones in check when they know their pension is on the line.

18. gatchaman

gatchaman Brown Belt

I do not agree with collective punishment through the status quo payment of lawsuits by taxpayers or your alternative of payment by all police through pension funds. I think it would be better if cops had to pay their own lawsuits from their own mandated malpractice insurance, as doctors do.

Cops work so closely with prosecutors that it is difficult to get dirty cops convicted in criminal court. I trust insurers to be more even handed in pricing bad cops out of business through increasing insurance premiums.

19. AndroidRage

AndroidRage Brown Belt

It should be a criminal charge. It is literally tampering with evidence.

20. Stoic1

Stoic1 Patriot

I disagree.

Because I believe it is a culture thing. And to change culture it cannot be on the individual. Their needs to be collective buy in. Also insurance is a fucking scam.