Florida armed bystander stops gunman at crowded back-to-school event at park

Im pro guns but the agenda of this story is stupid.

The good guy with a gun who stops a crime is rare as fuck...The agenda of making it seem as if everybody had a gun, it will be better, is just stupid.
I support the 2nd but not every jackass who wants one deserves the privilege. The law restricts who can own them and will expand on them, I'm sure.

What I hate is the whole "Gun grabbers!" fear tactic.

Not following the law doesn't mean there isn't a law to be followed genius.

Florida does not require background checks for private sales.

That's just for concealed carry.

So what, though? Based on that position, all arguments against gun control are bad.
No, that doesn't follow. It's significantly different than say England or Australia. Freedoms are expanded, generally, by the Amendments. A right that has existed since the founding of the country, and was central to the formative years of American national identity, has to be a factor in any attempt to improve the situation.

This is a good argument for gun control.

Pussy can't handle his humiliation and decides to shoot up the place.

Guarantee that humiliated pussies shoot up places exponentially more than good guys with guns save the day.
Probably should have looked it up then before saying something so stupid, because it's not even close.

This is a good argument for gun control.

Isn't every gun-related crime a supposed "good argument" for gun control to you guys? What more control do you want? How would you address horrible, evil people via more gun control?

Pussy can't handle his humiliation and decides to shoot up the place.

And this makes it a gun control issue? Why not a social interaction or mental health issue?

Guarantee that humiliated pussies shoot up places exponentially more than good guys with guns save the day.

Those stats would be interesting to see . . .

Why not?

If the idiot didn't have a gun, then we wouldn't need a good guy with a gun to stop him.

If the idiot didn't decide he was going to go crazy the shooting wouldn't have happened either . . .

Is that how this works?

Why not?

If the idiot didn't have a gun, then we wouldn't need a good guy with a gun to stop him.
This illustrates what all to often is forgotten in this discussion. The bad guy will still have guns. It is the law abiding citizen that could have stopped him who will be disarmed.

Gun control would never work for the same reason that making drugs illegal will never work.

This illustrates what all to often is forgotten in this discussion. The bad guy will still have guns. It is the law abiding citizen that could have stopped him who will be disarmed.

Gun control would never work for the same reason that making drugs illegal will never work.
Exactly, this is why European countries have the same amount of gun violence/rate as the USA does.

Yes. That's why I want Universal Healthcare.
Amen.

America could one day be within reach of a Utopian society if we can make our poorest citizens healthy and productive, with the opportunity for an education. America is great and it's gonna get greater.
I predict good things for these issues, at a somewhat painful societal price.

I think we will outgrow guns. It absolutely requires broad social priority changes.

An exchange-a-gun- for- healthcare program?
"I need a root canal. I can use that more than this .22."

Exactly, this is why European countries have the same amount of gun violence/rate as the USA does.

And now we're back to the 2nd and existence of millions of firearms in circulation . . . that aren't going anywhere.

It wasn’t a gun free zone ? They should of posted signed then there would of been no guns

wow, lots of children there, good job gun guy.

Gotdamn you cynical bitch's can suck the fun out a thread.

Just cant be happy huh?

What I hate is the whole "Gun grabbers!" fear tactic.

To be fair, HT and RP are acting 100% as gun grabbers in this thread, openly calling for just to wave a magic wand and have all the guns in the US gone and we won't have any problems

They're even using this case of a guy who thankfully had his legal to have on his person at all time gun with and the mindset and ability to use it effectively to spread their word vomit about how all guns are bad and if no guns then no problems

Back