Flexibility.

BGknockout

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
No Homo, serious question here, im trying to learn how to do the splits but ive been struggling, i get different info from people and i dont even know what to believe anymore, people i talk to tell me to stretch but dont tell me which stretching exc. i should do, some people just tell me to stretch for about 30mins a day, stretching anyway i can, i talkded to this one person who actually showed me 3-4 stretching exc. and told me to do it for about 30mins each day.

So my question is what is the most effective and fastest way i can learn how to do the splits? how long would it take me? i want to do them basically to kick higher , u know, the more flexible a person is with their legs the more improvement they will see in their kicks, i also want to learn how to do the infamous Axe kick, but i cant lift my leg very high, i mean i think it goes high but not high enough, this is where the splits (flexibility) comes in.

Any info would be helpfull, No Homo shit like i said, i wanna get into muy thai and wanna work on my kicks.

THanks guys.

I believe there was a few good stretching links in the FAQ, but look for a copy of Thomaz Kurz "Stretching Scientifically", that's a pretty good reference

As for how long, that's pretty dependent on many factors, so it's hard to give a definite answer

i've always been flexible, always been able to do the splits, it's probably why i can jump high and could always do a headkick. i haven't met very many people who have taught themselves to do the splits but i'd imagine you just man up and make yourself do them

here's a stretch i do sometimes.
you can try this as high as you can get on each leg for like 10 seconds maybe it'll help

img0059jc.jpg

^ that's a great stance for epic fire farts right there. Don't let that talent go to waste.

If you want to be able to do high kicks maybe you could try, i dunno, kicking high? Practicing high kicks? Something like that? Along the lines of "practice doing kicks that are high" or "train yourself by kicking higher and higher every day".

Take yoga classes. People who do yoga seriously have the very highest level of flexibility, up there with ballet dancers and gymnasts.

Ayengar is the best to start off with.

i've always been flexible, always been able to do the splits, it's probably why i can jump high and could always do a headkick. i haven't met very many people who have taught themselves to do the splits but i'd imagine you just man up and make yourself do them

here's a stretch i do sometimes.
you can try this as high as you can get on each leg for like 10 seconds maybe it'll help

img0059jc.jpg

hawt!

Back