Flavored Whey + Waxy Maize

I am working on a thesis based BIS. Taking way longer than I figured it would due to life:) I am mainly a student of life man. Although I enjoy studying cognitive theory, nutrition, and philosophy. Boy that helped huh.

I don't know where Jungle went.

Cutting and pasting some article makes you no genius at all. Neither does a degree, although mine is in exercise physiology. My nutrition background, however, comes mostly from my own research as well as competing and training people for bodybuilding competitions and helping to cut weight for fights, ect. Somebody asked a question about waxy maise. that simple, but you wanted to butcher up some article on carbohydrate ****bolism to make yourself look smart, but you didn't answer the question. What they teach you in school and what you can put to use and make sense of in the real world are 2 different things. You must work at 24 hour fitness or something like that. With all the 19 year old kids and their certifications. So my genious friend, what is the benefit of using waxy maise, how should you use it, and what makes it different from other carbohydrates?

I do agree that if you feed yourself correctly, you will never be too depleted, but sometimes depleting and reloading can be beneficial for bodyfat loss or muscle growth.

You just missed the topic of this thread a bit. Go read another book or something.

For anybody really interested in the supplementation of waxy maize and why it works, here you go...

Obviously, it has been standard practice for many years for serious athletes to consume a high carbohydrate meal following intense exercise. As time has gone on, this post exercise meal has been scrutinized, and analyzed make sure that the correct type of carbohydrates are eaten to maximize the replacement of glycogen lost during exercise.

After exercise that depletes the body of it

Cutting and pasting some article makes you no genius at all.

I cut and pasted studies. Pretty simple, then broke them down for you as you seem to think I don't know what I am talking about.

Neither does a degree, although mine is in exercise physiology. My nutrition background, however, comes mostly from my own research as well as competing and training people for bodybuilding competitions and helping to cut weight for fights, ect. Somebody asked a question about waxy maise. that simple, but you wanted to butcher up some article on carbohydrate ****bolism to make yourself look smart, but you didn't answer the question.

Sure I did. Low GI works, so does high GI. Did you not read the red? They both work, but why mess with insulin or rushing things, when it doesn't mean jack shit in the end.

What they teach you in school and what you can put to use and make sense of in the real world are 2 different things. You must work at 24 hour fitness or something like that. With all the 19 year old kids and their certifications. So my genious friend, what is the benefit of using waxy maise, how should you use it, and what makes it different from other carbohydrates?

Look at where I work bubba. The third largest climbing gym in the country, and doing nutrition consults for athletes. Its in my signature. I am not even done with school. But read the first three nutrition books on campus and you will learn a ton. Plenty of people with ES degrees know nothing on nutrition. There is no benefit to it. You obviously didn't read the third study, and DR. Tipton has said the same thing for a while now. The type of carb PWO doesn't matter.

I do agree that if you feed yourself correctly, you will never be too depleted, but sometimes depleting and reloading can be beneficial for bodyfat loss or muscle growth.

It reloads if you eat properly either way, again high GI just isn't needed, it's that simple.

You just missed the topic of this thread a bit. Go read another book or something.
Actually I didn't I just needed to correct some bull shit that was posted:icon_lol:

For anybody really interested in the supplementation of waxy maize and why it works, here you go...

Obviously, it has been standard practice for many years for serious athletes to consume a high carbohydrate meal following intense exercise. As time has gone on, this post exercise meal has been scrutinized, and analyzed make sure that the correct type of carbohydrates are eaten to maximize the replacement of glycogen lost during exercise.

Glut 4 and exercise induced responses asurre that any carb is used properly PWO, doesn't matter if it's high or low GI.

After exercise that depletes the body of it

The higher the molecular weight of a carbohydrate, the lower it’s osmolality. The lower the molecular weight of a carbohydrate, the higher it’s osmolality. So, a carbohydrate’s molecular weight varies inversely to its osmolality. Knowing this, you can begin to more closely appreciate the difference between HMW carbohydrates and Dextrose. The molecular weight of the typical HMW carbohydrate that is marketed today has a molecular weight of 500,000-700,000. The molecular weight of Dextrose is approximately 180. (11) This stat helps quantify the difference between the two carb sources.
The Osmolality of said HMW carbohydrate is 11 mOsm/kg in a 5% solution., which is considerably lower than the osmolality of blood at 300 mOsm/kg. With an osmolality that low, the HMW carbohydrate is extremely hypotonic, and we know that the more hypotonic a solution is, the quicker it passes through the stomach into the small intestine.(11) This means that the world of carbohydrates, the HMW carbohydrate is a Ferrari Enzo, and Dextrose is your mother’s Buick Skylark.

And again none of that means shit:icon_lol:

In fact, one popular HMW carbohydrate drink has been shown to pass through the stomach 80% faster than dextrose, allowing restoration of glycogen 70% faster than any other carbohydrate.(13) How would you like to like to start rebuilding muscle 70% sooner than you already are after a workout? One study on the subject showed that the mean glycogen synthesis rate was significantly higher for a HMW carbohydrate drink compared to a glucose drink for 2 hours after ingestion, with the scientists coming to the conclusion that "the osmolality of the carbohydrate drink may influence the rate of resynthesis of glycogen in muscle after its depletion by exercise."(6) What the scientists are saying can be paraphrased as "a HMW carbohydrate will get to your muscles faster than the carbohydrate you’re using now." These studies showed that blood sugar levels and insulin levels were not statistically significantly different the HMW carbohydrate and the glucose. So, despite being a complex carbohydrate, compared to the sugary Dextrose, the HMW carbohydrate was still raising insulin at about the same level as Dextrose. So, at this point, what we’re dealing with is something that powers through the stomach, leaving you with no bloated feeling, reaching the point of digestion at mach speeds, reaches the blood stream as fast as Dextrose, but restores glycogen 70% faster. Sounds too good to be true? It gets better.

In the long road of recovery that means nothing. The studies they used for that can be beat to death on Avant and other boards. Whoopy it raises insulin. Why is that needed? The body takes care of that premise on its own PWO.

What this all leads towards is that the Osmolality of HMW carbohydrates can potentially speed up the rate of glycogen synthesis post workout, as well as increase the uptake of vital nutrients added to the HMW carbohydrate drink. That’s right, all the stuff you’ve been taking after your workout, in the hopes of getting it to the muscle, can be sucked up right along with the HMW carbohydrate, faster than ever before. The only problem is, any amino based nutrient (protein, amino acids, creatine, etc.) has a much lower molecular weight than the HMW carbohydrate, so when adding other nutrients you must consider the effect those nutrients will have on the total molecular weight of the mix. So, at least in theory, too much protein, creatine, and other nutrients can take away some of its benefits.

It won't increase the uptake of nutrients anymore so than oatmeal would. :icon_lol:

For this reason, it is my belief that added amino based nutrients should be kept to a minimum during ingestion of a HMW carbohydrate drink. My current recommendations for a 200lb bodybuilder are 75g of a HMW carbohydrate mixed with 5g creatine, 8g L-leucine, and 5-10g of BCAA’s. Since we’re trying to keep extra nutrients to a minimum, we are focusing on select nutrients that give us the most "bang for our buck." L-leucine has been shown in studies to be the specific amino acid to "switch on" protein synthesis. And all of the Branched Chain Amino Acids (BCAA’s) have been shown to be preferentially taken up by skeletal muscle. Creatine has been shown in many studies to provide many benefits to bodybuilders. This means that the "best" amino acids will be available as quickly as possible to trigger muscle growth, and decrease catabolism.

That many carbs for what reason? What are they eating the rest of the day? What is their fat intake at? I love it when people can't defend their point so they copy and paste other peoples work. Show me some studies that prove your side and show them to me in your words. It's not that hard. But this supplement add is hardly a rebuttal.

This meal should be followed approximately 15-30min later with a meal containing protein and complex carbohydrates, preferably a fast digesting liquid protein such as a whey isolate, and some complex carbohydrates.

I like that meal, should have been the first meal PWO though:icon_chee

If you understand the make up of your muscle mass, you will learn that there is much more to the muscle than just contractile tissue. A large portion of your muscle mass area is made up of things besides muscle. There is water, glycogen, minerals, blood vessels, capillaries, etc., etc. By using these HMW carbohydrate powders, you can quickly draw the carbohydrate up into your muscles, along with water, and the cell volumizing nutrients you take along with it. With the faster glycogen restoration, you can decrease catabolism after a workout, and speed up the potential for synthesizing protein as new muscle. In plain English, the result is more muscle.

It doesn't restore it any faster. Type of GI PWO doesn't matter. Same study, read it, engrain it. It's correct.

Normally I wouldn't want to cram this type of jargon down peoples throats, it can get a bit comfusing to some. But apparently it is the thing to do here. I dont wanting anybody laughing at me, it might hurt my feelings! I didn't go anywhere Vedic, Stick to the topic next time and quit trying to toot your own horn.

I hope this helps those in question.
__________________[/QUOTE]

Not tooting my horn, calling your BS and the companies BS

You corrected nothing. Somebody asked a question about waxy, and I answered them. If you tnink all carbs are the same, you obviously have very little real meaningful experience.

I didn't post here to fight with a tool who is stuck on himself and feels a need to protect his domain and prove to all that he is the master of nutrition. You will make better money planning meal plans in a hospital for geriatrics. Have fun with that. you made your point, using waxy maize to you is pointless. Therefore, they should stop manufacturing it, and the poor guy who started this thread should just throw his away.

The bottom line is this:

Everybody is different. Not the same thing works for us all. Different nutrients affect us all differently, so your best bet is to try different things and watch and listen to your body and figure out what works best for you as an individual.

Vedic: I am done arguing with you. You seem a bit immature, and all the education in the world cant help you with that. You seem a bit low on self confidence.

I am done with this thread now, as I work for a living, have a family, and am training twice a day for my own upcoming fight.

I hope the article on waxy maize was helpful for the rest of you.

You corrected nothing. Somebody asked a question about waxy, and I answered them. If you tnink all carbs are the same, you obviously have very little real meaningful experience.

Really? I have trained Barut on here, FATKID, fighters, boxers, pro climbers. You want me to go on? They are the same in the PWO window. Read the study and pull your head out. Go to BB.com since that is your forte and do a search on PWO with Alan Aragon, or do a search on here for his name. Either way, come up with something smart, thought out, and a study to back yourself or be quiet.

I didn't post here to fight with a tool who is stuck on himself and feels a need to protect his domain and prove to all that he is the master of nutrition. You will make better money planning meal plans in a hospital for geriatrics. Have fun with that. you made your point, using waxy maize to you is pointless. Therefore, they should stop manufacturing it, and the poor guy who started this thread should just throw his away.

Not stuck on myself. Read the posts in here, I invite anyone to stop by the gym and shoot the shit. I have worked in a hospital, not my thing, and frankly you don't know what I make. Never said they should stop, I said it won't improve performance etc, for some people maybe they won't bloat and that makes it worth it. Maybe they don't like oatmeal. Either way, my point was and still is, it's a new high GI fad, and once again it isn't needed.

The bottom line is this:

Everybody is different. Not the same thing works for us all. Different nutrients affect us all differently, so your best bet is to try different things and watch and listen to your body and figure out what works best for you as an individual.

Really? I have never said that? Not one diet should ever be the same, or PWO really. None the less, why do you continue to argue science, when you never even read the study:icon_lol:

Vedic: I am done arguing with you. You seem a bit immature, and all the education in the world cant help you with that. You seem a bit low on self confidence.

I am confident. I know I know more on this subject than you, so how is that a bad thing? It would be like me trying to correct Royce gracie on BJJ. I concede he knows more. Sorry dude but in this thread you haven't shown me anything.

I am done with this thread now, as I work for a living, have a family, and am training twice a day for my own upcoming fight.

I hope the article on waxy maize was helpful for the rest of you.

Who doesn't work? Lol, in other words. You have no science to back yourself, or a study that you can explain how it shows the benefit. Meat heads generally stick to other boards, not this one.

Does anyone have any experience with mixing flavored whey with Waxy Maize PWO? I can't order a custom blend from True Protein due to shipping costs, but ordering WMS in bulk and getting ON Whey seems like a cheap alternative. This idea makes sense to me, is there some flaw in my plan?

No flaw.....except it tastes like flavored chalk!! :D

1 scoop ON whey and 2 scoops of carb slam.

Its my first go around with WMS. It did make me feel less bloated and farty as I jumped into my contrast showers.

Back