Flavio Canto [BRA] vs. David Kevkishvili [GEO]

unhommefou

White Belt
Reaction score

On another note, I have noticed from watching videos of all the IJF sponsored events for the past few years that they have been giving people more time on the ground in Newaza this year than it has in the past 3 years.:icon_chee

I wonder if they were playing under modified rules for that match, as I didn't see the ref awarding to many koka's. The other thing is that the brazilian who won clearly went for the georgian's ankle on two occasions, you don't see to many attempts at inverted guards in judo that don't illicit a warning.

I wonder if they were playing under modified rules for that match, as I didn't see the ref awarding to many koka's. The other thing is that the brazilian who won clearly went for the georgian's ankle on two occasions, you don't see to many attempts at inverted guards in judo that don't illicit a warning.

koka was abandoned in 2009

that was the Rio Grand Slam this year, think Flavio took 3rd and David 5th.

The guy's recording are speaking portuguese with a portuguese accesnt, I think this is in Lisbon...

What a beautiful armbar!

Canto is an awesome competitor and I've heard great things about him from people who have trained with him.

Would be a tricky opponent for Roger if he exerted his focus on the Mundials.

canto vs roger???? that would be interesting... but I think its safe to say that under bjj rules, roger will beat flavio, under judo rules, canto will beat roger...

canto vs roger???? that would be interesting... but I think its safe to say that under bjj rules, roger will beat flavio, under judo rules, canto will beat roger...

Under IBJJF rules Roger would win. Also Roger outweighs Canto just a bit (Roger at -90Kg versus Canto at -80Kg)

It'd be a very entertaining match though!:icon_chee

there is no freaking way in hell canto can beat Roger under ibjjf rules, or under any submission rules....

The guy's recording are speaking portuguese with a portuguese accesnt, I think this is in Lisbon...

He has only fought Kevkishvili once in recent years iirc and it was the Rio Grand Slam. Flavio did not fight David at the Lisbon World Cup.

Canto fights 81, Roger fights 97. No way Flavio could beat him under IBJJF rules

Canto vs Marcelinho, other medio etc would be interesting (albeit i think he tends to train with Alliance).

Back