Flat stomach for a girl

Status
Not open for further replies.

BJJArsenal

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Hey guys, sorry if this is in the wrong forum, but a friend of mine asked for advice on how for her to get a flat stomach and said she wanted to look like this:

bringiton-milian.jpg

problem is, I don't know any exercises for getting a flat stomach without obtaining abs other than planks.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

EDIT: She is dieting as well to shed off excess fat.

Last edited:
Everybody has "abs". If you didn't, you likely would not be able to stand up. The flatness/visibility of those abs is a product of your bodyfat percentage. Hence, the adage, "abs are made in the kitchen".

So. Want abs like that? Go on a diet.

Ab swing pro. Truuuuust me. My brothers friends boyfriends great aunty Maureen used one and got an 8 pack in 3 hours.

Everybody has "abs". If you didn't, you likely would not be able to stand up. The flatness/visibility of those abs is a product of your bodyfat percentage. Hence, the adage, "abs are made in the kitchen".

So. Want abs like that? Go on a diet.

Aaaaaand end thread and lock.

You've come to the right place. If she wants a flat stomach like that, there is only one way: squats and milk.

Take it to the diet sub forum, cause that's what its gonna take...

Woah guys!

Yeah, it was my idea to diet and I'm well aware of that, I just assumed some exercises would be necessary to increase abdominal strength. Sorry for asking such a teenage-girl question but I genuinely didn't know a full answer.

Thanks for the responses anyway.

Woah guys!

Yeah, it was my idea to diet and I'm well aware of that, I just assumed some exercises would be necessary to increase abdominal strength. Sorry for asking such a teenage-girl question but I genuinely didn't know a full answer.

Thanks for the responses anyway.

seeing as noone here trains to look like a cheerleader im guessing most of us dont know. I sure dont. If i had to guess i would say diet, lots of cardio and a decent weights program like 5/3/1 (rather than 5x5 because its done on a diet) to aid in fat loss and prevent muscle loss.

seeing as noone here trains to look like a cheerleader im guessing most of us dont know. I sure dont. If i had to guess i would say diet, lots of cardio and a decent weights program like 5/3/1 (rather than 5x5 because its done on a diet) to aid in fat loss and prevent muscle loss.

Yeah, I agree with this for the most part. Women tend to need cardio more than men do when it comes to dieting because cardio helps mobilize stubborn fat in their legs and hips when eating in a deficit. It also makes eating in a deficit easier because they typically have slower metabolisms due to their size. As a small guy, I know what this feels like.
Diet is obviously the most important thing, though. Calorie deficits are a must. One thing I've noticed through helping my female friends diet is that they generally don't get enough protein.

With lifting, a 5x5 is doable if it's ascending like Madcow. Most people find that cutting sets off while keeping intensity the same is a good strategy. Something like a 3x5 across would be fine.

Reduction of anterior pelvic tilt & lordosis is a factor (she'll want to stop wearing heels). Frequently when women whinge about not having flat enough abs despite being anorexic, it's because they've let their ass atrophy and hip flexors shorten until they're walking around with Chuck Liddell's belly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back