Flat-soled shoes.

spirez

Purple Belt
Reaction score
What are you using?

I'm not sure about chuck taylors as the sole is quite thick, although it is flat. Anybody lift in wrestling shoes?

I'd train barefoot where possible but that's not usually allowed in the gym!

sab.jpg

41JTjX0aQaL._AA280_.jpg

O-lifting shoes for most days, sometimes I use wrestling shoes for deadlifting, but only if I'm planning on doing just that since they aren't good for much else.

Chucks, but if you're wearing low tops then it doesn't count!

High tops or bust!

Might have to be chucks then.

What are your reasonings behind this?

The coach i was talking to today was on about proprioception and the feedback that you gain from the floor when lifting. He trains barefoot where possible.

vans slip-ons do me well, as does the samba from adidas.

i've never seen anyone else wear these to lift, so if anyone as any input into these choices i'd be happy to hear it.

is there a particular reason people prefer chuck's?

I did all my lifting in wrestling shoes for over 10 years. Just recently got some O'Lift shoes and now use them for everything but deadlifts.

I wear Puma KART shoes. Hard sole with a slight slant, no ankle support.

Also, hey again.

I lift bare foot, since I've got my own home gym. This a good idea? Or should I invest in some shoes of some sort?

Im with you. I have a good home gym, but I rock the Chucks. I love the grip and feel when driving through the floor on lifts, but they are not gonna protect your feet from shit. Guess thats part of the Chucks charm, they are quantum mechanically thin. :D

Back