Flat Earther's

Lol that proves nothing.

Was Tom Hanks in space too when he starred in that movie?

So, just so I understand that comment. Are you suggesting that the video of an astronaut in space, with a round Earth behind him is some kind of "CGI movie magic" produced to cover up for the fact that the Earth is flat?

Do I have this right?

So, just so I understand that comment. Are you suggesting that the video of an astronaut in space, with a round Earth behind him is some kind of "CGI movie magic" produced to cover up for the fact that the Earth is flat?

Do I have this right?

Tom Hanks did it.

Do I have this right?

I'm saying that video proves nothing. It could be cgi movie magic yes.

For a fun exercise, Google images of earth. Each one is completely different from the one before. Sometimes the earth is green, some times it's blue. Sometimes there are visible stars, sometimes there are no clouds at all, sometimes you can't see the continents, sometimes the land masses are green, other times brown or gray. Shouldn't there be some consistency?

For a fun exercise, Google images of earth. Each one is completely different from the one before. Sometimes the earth is green, some times it's blue. Sometimes there are visible stars, sometimes there are no clouds at all, sometimes you can't see the continents, sometimes the land masses are green, other times brown or gray. Shouldn't there be some consistency?

If people were creating these images, sure.

Wait ... are the same clouds always in the same points in the sky where you live? That sounds creepy as fuck.

Also, on an unrelated note, you should check out this cheeky rascal.

[YT]GRxofEmo3HA[/YT]

ok I'll bite:
5mi8w2.jpg

I'll admit that most of these images are probably not actual photographs of Earth from space. They are meant to be easily consumable, graphical representations of the planet for the masses. The drastic variance in color that you alluded to in these images is likely a result of artists color correcting the images to make the colors look more vivid.

Not only that, like Tish and Fipsy pointed out, the planet goes through "seasons" in which thing like "trees" and "grass" appear green (from space) when in full bloom during the spring and summer months. But when fall rolls around and the grass dies and those leaves turn brown and fall off, that same area that once looked green will now look mostly brown. And don't get me started on "winter". That'll really blow your mind.

Oh, and I can assure you that the video I posted is not CGI or movie magic. The guy who filmed the video with a GoPro is a real astronaut, not an actor like Tom Hanks. His name is Terry Virts.
intlk4.jpg

Here's his twitter where you will find more than enough photographic and video documentation of his legitimacy as an actual astronaut who has undoubtedly been to space and seen (and photgraphed) the Earth in all of it's round glory.
https://twitter.com/AstroTerry

You won't check into it though, just like you didn't watch the video. Ignorance is bliss.

Oh, and I can assure you that the video I posted is not CGI or movie magic.

I'll give my thoughts on this flat earth conspiracy.

Objectively, there is virtually no chance that the earth is actually flat, to me that's not really the point. The point is if the conspiracy theory fits. Does the conspiracy theory cover all angles? I can't answer this question because I don't understand some of the more technical answers, and despite some of the solutions to problems appearing to be ad hoc, It does a pretty good job of covering it's bases.

That's why I think you (and others) should change their focus a little, this is just for fun, or at least it can be if you let your imagination run a little wild. The truth is the magnitude of the conspiracy they're alluding to is so large as to make The Truman Show blush.

With that said, the conspiracy theory says that that is a video from above the earth, but they have put a fish-eye camera effect that makes the shape turn spherical.

Which one of these shapes best represents the ACTUAL shape of the Earth... according to "Flat Earthers"?

6yo4uc.jpg

(Disclaimer: This is CGI)

If you walked in a straight enough line you would arrive to the same point you started from.

End of conspiracy.

If you walked in a straight enough line you would arrive to the same point you started from.

End of conspiracy.

For instance, these flat earthers could chart a course, with landmarks to verify and test their hypothesis that they would not wind up at the same spot, and they would easily understand that they were wrong.

Definitely flat, My second uncle on my mums side fell off it once.

Anyone who believes this is mentally ill. Like most conspiracy theorists.

462ad80c2a24c1c5e9280ab7506654ea.jpg

Back