flash KO's...walk off or pound away?

It's really bad for the sport to see a guy hammerfist an obviously unconscious opponent. I think this should be penalized in the most egregious cases.

method=get&s=anderson-silva-anthony-fryklund-gif.gif

Wish there was another angle of this though.

yah this was perfect,no reason to follow up. Guys arm went stiff

The one shot stop reigns supreme because there is no confirmation of the finish whatsoever. It takes a special fighter to know when his opponent is done without confirmation.

RealExcellentAnnashummingbird.gif
Grade A douche right there. If he wasn't so cocky with it and fighting lower ranked guys all the time I could be a fan.

Walk off when it's a clear KO. But only when the other guy is clearly lights out.

I don't mind a few hammer fists, but I dislike guys who go with full force on guys who are already out of it.

Like Mike Russow?

Walk offs make it way cooler and spectacular, only exception being shit talkers like bisping (felt really satisfying)

The definition of a 'flash KO' is that it doesn't totally drop the guy. It buckles the knees, maybe a guy will go to a knee but it's not a full KO. Only an idiot does a 'walk away flash-KO'. The fight is usually not over.

I can't stand seeing unnecessary post KO punches.

I don't think many people realize how much damage is done when the brain is shutdown and continues to receive shots - often harder than the ones thst put the guy out since he is unconscious now and can't defend himself at all.

I think there should be an automatic 20k win bonus if a fighter finishes an opponent and shows immediate restraint a la Nate the great. Whose name should be celebrated for stopping when he knows his opponent is finished

Same as hunt. The defenceless, broken-jaw struve he walked away from would have been seriously hurt if he had continued smashing him.

I know some of you animals aren't, but I'm in this to see athletic performance and technical proficiency, not to see a human being suffer severe brain damage, nor to see a defenceless person getting walloped on by a professional fighter.

It's gross. This shouldn't even be a question

The question is whether to walk away from 'FLASH KOs'. That's what I read. Walking away from a flash ko is retarded. It's really hard to take this forum remotely seriously.

Walk offs. People calling on the refs to do the job, but many fighters stop fights by themselves all the time. Also, Machida's pose-off wasn't bad either.

lyotomachidaknocksoutmarkmunoz1.gif
Something about the honorable bows before and after fights just give me the chills...I just like the respectfulness of it all.

how are we 5 pages in without a dufee-russow gif.

Fighters don't decide when the fight is over, the ref does.

Palhares tried to call his own fight prematurely and almost got knocked out by Dan Miller because of it.

I say go in for the Hendo/Bisping style flying murder elbow.

Until the ref jumps in. Why give someone time to recover.

The question is whether to walk away from 'FLASH KOs'. That's what I read. Walking away from a flash ko is retarded. It's really hard to take this forum remotely seriously.
Well, i dont know when people started calling getting rocked a flash ko. In boxing it was always a one punch ko. Guess Rogan told everyone different. Smh

Kinda concerning how many people here ar fine with people punching defenceless opponents because of words.

I really don't like or respect like half this thread.

It is the ref's job to stop the fight. I hate when a guy "walks off" and it gets incredibly awkward because the ref doesn't know what to do. Sometimes it forces the ref to stop the fight when the guy isn't super hurt. I hate when the ref has to tell the walk off guy to still fight.

The walkoff is more aesthetically pleasing and lends itself better to an image of sportsmanship and martial arts.

The Razor Rob/Olaf Alfonso shit is much more wrenching and visceral.

Pick your preferred rush.

It depends. If you know that your opponent is KTFO, then back off/walk away.

If it's just a flash KO/knockdown the fighter should always go in for the kill, otherwise he puts the ref in a very tough situation, which is unfair. It creates even more controversy than we already have, some people even bitch when someone goes for the kill and the opponent barely moves.

Back