flash KO's...walk off or pound away?

Its obvious why Hunt is the fucking man and Hendo is a piece of .......

Which do you guys enjoy more?
I actually love when Hunt connects and just walks away while the other guy is out.

Aside from the flying H-Bomb to Bisping I think i prefer walkoffs.
Those are not flash ko's those are legit ko's. A flash ko happens really quick and they recover just as fast. So for a flash ko I say keep pounding but a hunt ko just walk away.

Kinda concerning how many people here ar fine with people punching defenceless opponents because of words.

I really don't like or respect like half this thread.

I find i only like it when dan henderson does it. For some reason, I just find it entertaining when he does it, but it would piss me off if others did the same.
It's like he's a character in a video game that has a massive combo. It can be deterred, but when it lands, your character is screwed. It can be fun, but it's not always sweet to see. As has been said here before, if Lil Heathen catches you, you're taking some damage.

I like this
GarzaPaixao7.gif
For now on this needs to be what a body shot is.

Keep attacking until the ref stops you. It isn't the fighters decision when the fight is over.

Nate vs Maia is a good example, not a walkoff but Nate knew that Maia was out and didn't land any follow up.

fuckin hilarious.Walk away kos are pretentious gimmicks now?? hahahha

Absolutely.

Walking off looking like you just got out of a bad exam is one thing...

Not punching your opponent after you realize he's out,is another.

Walk away are obviously better, if not only for the fighter on the receiving end.

The problem is when the referee decides to let it go. For example Holm against Ronda. Ronda was beaten from the kick, but was still given several seconds to bet pounded on before the fight was called. Aldo was completely out against McGregor, but still received several shots from McG and a knee to the face from McC.

Yeah but its easy to say oh boy he shoulda been quicker,but lets not pretend that we all so those things coming. Those kos came out of nowhere and were lightning fast. The ref had to at least see if ronda or aldo would recover from those blows,as we have seen many fighters fight their way back after recieving such a hit,such as GSP vs Condit and so on. That might mean them taking an extra hit or two to know.I thought both stoppages were fine.

Depends... If it's Bruce Leeroy then walk off... If its Tim Kennedy then it's "People's Elbow" time.

Lets be fair, if Hunt really connects he doesn't need follow up shots. Hendos cheap shots on Wandy and Bisping are a big part of why it was so enjoyable to watch Vitor destroy him

Walk off are more badass even if risky

Lets be fair, if Hunt really connects he doesn't need follow up shots. Hendos cheap shots on Wandy and Bisping are a big part of why it was so enjoyable to watch Vitor destroy him

Hendo get a free pass on a lot of shit

Add when trt Hendo throwed 2 bombs straight to Fedor's back of the head

Walk off are more badass even if risky

They are,but if you can do that,no one can really say shit. Never once has he pulled a palhares. Mark Hunt has been koing people professionally since 1998. The man knows wtf he is doing.

Hendo is a savage,but i never saw any problem with his follow up shots. Thats what you train to do. Hunt is used to moving away when he knocks a guy down from his long career in kickboxing. Hendo drops someone,he keeps blasting,well,thats allright too. This is the hurt business,if you dont like it,thats tough shit.The ref steps in and he stops. With a guy as dangerous as Wanderlei,you cant let up on him. The only time i think there is a problem is when guys like Gomi lose their mind (against Azeredo) step on the dudes neck like Renzo,or most reprehensible,what Kid Yamamoto did,and GNP the guy long after the guys koed even after the ref is trying to stop it,smiling while doing it. As far as i know no action was taken,and his fans dont seem to give a shit about that.

The one shot stop reigns supreme because there is no confirmation of the finish whatsoever. It takes a special fighter to know when his opponent is done without confirmation.

RealExcellentAnnashummingbird.gif
came in to post this

my favorite as well

Keep attacking until the ref stops you. It isn't the fighters decision when the fight is over.
As barbaric as it may seem, this is the right answer. It is the refs job to be on top of the action and provide fighter safety. If the ref hasn't called the fight, keep fighting. This isn't water polo, if people didn't get knocked out, we wouldn't watch it.

Back