Flag back at full staff at White House

You are totally bought into the Leftist propaganda.

It's your childish TDS that has you attacking the President for FOLLOWING THE FLAG PROTOCOL for a SITTING SENATOR, as PRESCRIBED BY US CODE.
Has anybody claimed that Trump violated US Code? Or are you just emptying your lungs and your bowels at a straw man?

That's a good summation, and very in keeping with Trump's character. But that's the thing - it's precisely in keeping with Trump's displayed character which has been on display since long before he ran for president. The problem is that he was voted in despite this character being on display - so Trump, warts and all, is what people actually signed off on, and here we are.

If I'm reading you right, it's that the Left side of this is more just in its criticisms than the Right side of this. I think there's a strong case for that. What concerns me is that I see a lot of anarchist/exceedingly progressive types who I have seen being actively anti-flag, anti-military, anti-establishment now bemoaning the lack of following establishment courtesy at this point, when they're usually the ones pouring the gasoline on the flag and all the establishment it represents. On the other side, people who have "Support our troops!" on their bumper stickers are suddenly saying "Well yeah, not honouring McCain is fine"...

I guess I have no important comment. It's just disappointingly politically opportunist reaction to the whole affair.

Those are fringe elements on the Left and you still find people like that online. Yesterday I saw a tweet shitting on the video of McCain defending Obama in a townhall when a lady accused him of being Arab because it meant McCain thought there was something wrong with Arabs.

Those elements will always exist but do they even have a notable spokesman we should look too?

I'd need to see what liberals are "crying" about this to judge if they are being hypocritical. The biggest name I keep seeing in the news is Chuck Schumer and he's not some ultra left type that wants to get rid of the flag.

Also considering Obama and the Dems flew the flag at half staff for Ted Kennedy until his funeral in 2009 it would be hypocritical of them if they didn't support it now.

This is a classic IIO scenario...

Imagine If Obama had broken with precedent and tradition and ended the half mast over the White House prior to the burial of a deceased combat veteran lawmaker.

What would have been the reaction from Fox, Breitbart, Limbaugh, etc.? Compare that to their reaction to Trump doing the same.

Right.. Fox news would have sounded like idiots.. Like the rest of you do now.

"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"
You just reminded me of Office Space.

"bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"

... the stupid talking point is all over the Leftist media. It's hilarious. They are actually trying to sell to the U.S. Public that there is such a thing as "bare minimum". There is not. There is a U.S. Code and what it details. The White House Staff told the Honor Guard to follow the code.... AND BUTTHURT ENSUES!!! ROFL!

This is another example of any reason, being good enough, for Leftists media heads and those that follow them blindly use to attack The President of the United States, because they lost.

Lol this post just shows me that you know I'm right and you're very upset about it

The left is defending McCain now. They are propping him up as a hero.

If a guy who voted for the Iraq War is a hero. A guy who wanted to bomb Iran. A man who bombed people himself.... if that is a hero. Anybody can be a fuckin hero.
He was a soldier, soldiers bomb people during wars. He was a PoW and then became a popular politician. Soldier politicians often see the military as a hammer and every problem as a nail (not all do, admittedly).

I definitely didn't vote for Mccain for president because I didn't agree with a lot of his politics and choices, but he became one of the few republicans who seemed to oppose Trump's policies in the modern era, on which I did agree with him on for the most part, but I don't know how much or little I agreed with his politics matters. He's a sitting popular senator who deserves the same respect paid to other senators who have died in office, or in some cases after they retire. Trump's move of ignoring the flag protocol is just indicative of what a petty turd he is. Admittedly, he's proved that point a whole lot in the last two years, so whatever, I guess.

<45>
at the leftoids suddenly giving a shit about McCain.
Trump followed protocol, what's the problem here?

He was a soldier, soldiers bomb people during wars. He was a PoW and then became a popular politician. Soldier politicians often see the military as a hammer and every problem as a nail (not all do, admittedly).

I definitely didn't vote for Mccain for president because I didn't agree with a lot of his politics and choices, but he became one of the few republicans who seemed to oppose Trump's policies in the modern era, on which I did agree with him on for the most part, but I don't know how much or little I agreed with his politics matters. He's a sitting popular senator who deserves the same respect paid to other senators who have died in office, or in some cases after they retire. Trump's move of ignoring the flag protocol is just indicative of what a petty turd he is. Admittedly, he's proved that point a whole lot in the last two years, so whatever, I guess.

And soldiers should be held accountable for their actions. This support the troops shit is double speak.

Who cares if he opposed Trump in the last few years? He has supported foreign policy that has made the US hated worldwide. He wanted to bomb Iran. He joked about it. After already getting us into Iraq. He is literally responsible for the death of a swath of innocent people. But he opposed Trump so all is good. What the fuck?

Everyone in here defending trumps childish antics should be ashamed of themselves.

If Obama had done the same you'd lose your minds lol.

trump has no right to criticize anyone who served while he dodged the draft like a coward.

Trump is petty as they come, John is dead, let it go POTUS

at the leftoids suddenly giving a shit about McCain.
Trump followed protocol, what's the problem here?

There isnt a problem. Its just that while he followed code he broke tradition out of spite and its obviously a petty thing to do.

If you have no issues with the president acting childish thats ok

but its also not out of place for people to point out that its clearly childish behavior

I didn't say anything that was factually incorrect.

You just didn't like the fact that it was being pointed out.

No, it's just that for some bizarre reason Trump is always right in your mind. It's weird actually

Yes, having a flag lowered for two days is the protocol for the White House...... but Trump

Lulz.

His tax returns... There is a reason he refuses to release them.

So, no source. How could I predict that?

How do you know the content of something you have never seen? I already had this debate with you and you folded because you were wrong. Here we are again. God of gaps argument. It is in the gaps. With a nice appeal to conspiracy and ignorance.

If he did in fact return the flag to full-staff (even though the standard is to wait for internment as all of my county agencies were instructed to do) before internment because he found out that he wasn't invited to the funeral, is that really smearing Trump?

What county?

There isnt a problem. Its just that while he followed code he broke tradition out of spite and its obviously a petty thing to do.

If you have no issues with the president acting childish thats ok

but its also not out of place for people to point out that its clearly childish behavior
How is following protocol "acting childish"?
Fuck McCain, and fuck his defenders. He isn't a hero, he was a blood thirsty, warmongering power and money hungry piece of garbage with zero regard for life, so long as it lined his and his globalist buddies' pockets..

Back