Flag back at full staff at White House

Not that I have seen. It has been more of a "no comment" thing going on.

Because it's unprecedented.

Trump didn't have to do anything in regards to McCain. His staff drafted a commemorative memo to be released to the press (normal stuff) and had the flag flying at half mast.

Trump expended energy to thwart the memo and raise the flag.

This is purely driven out of spite.

This feud started because Trump attacked the family of a deceased US soldier. McCain rebuked him publicly and that's when Trump lost his shit and started making fun of him for being a POW.

Trump never apologized to the family of the deceased soldier so McCain refused to endorse him. Trump still hasn't apologized.

Also in regards to politics McCain requested both W Bush and Obama to eulogize him.

This has absolutely nothing to do with politics, it's about human decency.

Trump people are so fucked up they can't tell the difference between the 2.

This story is about John Mccain and Donald Trump. Which of them is "the Left"?

I don't feel like my comment was out of place. The Left, in general, couldn't give a shit about the flag, but since it's being used to smear Trump now their hearts are bleeding for it being at full staff. The story is in fact about the flag being a full staff rather than McCain vs Trump. Did you read the story or even the title of the story?

People are attacking the President for FOLLOWING THE FLAG PROTOCOL for a SITTING SENATOR, as PRESCRIBED BY US CODE.

TDS detected.

I don't feel like my comment was out of place. The Left, in general, couldn't give a shit about the flag, but since it's being used to smear Trump now their hearts are bleeding for it being at full staff. The story is in fact about the flag being a full staff rather than McCain vs Trump. Did you read the story or even the title of the story?

If he did in fact return the flag to full-staff (even though the standard is to wait for internment as all of my county agencies were instructed to do) before internment because he found out that he wasn't invited to the funeral, is that really smearing Trump?

Trump didn't have to do anything in regards to McCain. His staff drafted a commemorative memo to be released to the press (normal stuff) and had the flag flying at half mast.

This feud started because Trump attacked the family of a deceased US soldier. McCain rebuked him publicly and that's when Trump lost his shit and started making fun of him for being a POW.

Trump never apologized to the family of the deceased soldier so McCain refused to endorse him. Trump still hasn't apologized.

Also in regards to politics McCain requested both W Bush and Obama to eulogize him.

You are totally bought into the Leftist propaganda.

It's your childish TDS that has you attacking the President for FOLLOWING THE FLAG PROTOCOL for a SITTING SENATOR, as PRESCRIBED BY US CODE.

That's a good summation, and very in keeping with Trump's character. But that's the thing - it's precisely in keeping with Trump's displayed character which has been on display since long before he ran for president. The problem is that he was voted in despite this character being on display - so Trump, warts and all, is what people actually signed off on, and here we are.

If I'm reading you right, it's that the Left side of this is more just in its criticisms than the Right side of this. I think there's a strong case for that. What concerns me is that I see a lot of anarchist/exceedingly progressive types who I have seen being actively anti-flag, anti-military, anti-establishment now bemoaning the lack of following establishment courtesy at this point, when they're usually the ones pouring the gasoline on the flag and all the establishment it represents. On the other side, people who have "Support our troops!" on their bumper stickers are suddenly saying "Well yeah, not honouring McCain is fine"...

I guess I have no important comment. It's just disappointingly politically opportunist reaction to the whole affair.

I'm torn. On one hand Trump is despicable human garbage but on the other hand fuck John McCain. Besides, one of the few good things Trump does is dunk on other Republicans like low energy Jeb!

This story is about John Mccain and Donald Trump. Which of them is "the Left"?

The left is defending McCain now. They are propping him up as a hero. Everyone from shedoggers to Maxine Waters.

If a guy who voted for the Iraq War is a hero. A guy who wanted to bomb Iran. A man who bombed people himself.... if that is a hero. Anybody can be a fuckin hero.

Those are the actions you defend when you defend John McCain. These are heroic actions to you. Orwellian garbage.

You are totally bought into the Leftist propaganda.

It's your childish TDS that has you attacking the President for FOLLOWING THE FLAG PROTOCOL for a SITTING SENATOR, as PRESCRIBED BY US CODE.

He did the bare minimum required by law.

Precedent has been until the funeral. He broke precedent just out of spite.

It seems to me you are the one suffering from TDS.

For a sitting US Senator...it is the DAY OF, and the DAY AFTER< his/her death. PERIOD.

^^^ US Code.

Suddenly, the Leftists want McCain to receive more and if he doesn't

There is NO BARE MINIMUM. There is U.S. Code. If you don't like it, complain about the code, not those following it.

This is so ridiculous, but entertaining. I love the butthurt Leftists have on display here.

<DCrying>

If he did in fact return the flag to full-staff (even though the standard is to wait for internment as all of my county agencies were instructed to do) before internment because he found out that he wasn't invited to the funeral, is that really smearing Trump?

https://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump-john-mccain-white-house-american-flag-half-mast-code-1091158

"For members of Congress, which the Flag Code defines as a senator, representative, delegate or the resident commissioner from Puerto Rico, the flag is to be flown at half-staff on the day of death and the following day."

Trump did exactly what he was supposed to do. So yeah...it's the media smearing him and turning this into a frenzy because he followed the Flag Code to the letter. He could have extended it, but he wasn't obligated to, so it's all a bunch of bullshit.

"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"

... the stupid talking point is all over the Leftist media. It's hilarious. They are actually trying to sell to the U.S. Public that there is such a thing as "bare minimum". There is not. There is a U.S. Code and what it details. The White House Staff told the Honor Guard to follow the code.... AND BUTTHURT ENSUES!!! ROFL!

This is another example of any reason, being good enough, for Leftists media heads and those that follow them blindly use to attack The President of the United States, because they lost.

I'm convinced you could look at a wall of black paint and convince yourself it's white

I didn't say anything that was factually incorrect.

You just didn't like the fact that it was being pointed out.

You're conflating precedent with tradition...don't do that.

"bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum" "bare minimum"
"bare minimum"

... the stupid talking point is all over the Leftist media. It's hilarious. They are actually trying to sell to the U.S. Public that there is such a thing as "bare minimum". There is not. There is a U.S. Code and what it details. The White House Staff told the Honor Guard to follow the code.... AND BUTTHURT ENSUES!!! ROFL!

This is another example of any reason, being good enough, for Leftists media heads and those that follow them blindly use to attack The President of the United States, because they lost.

Maybe they want to give him an extra day for every innocent person he is responsible for killing. Be a long fuckin holiday. Would last our lifetimes.

It's not about liking McCain or hating him. This is about Trump holding on to the grudge after the dude is dead and internationally disrespecting McCain's family with this bullshit.

Like McCain or not he served this country for along time, he should get respect for that. Sure McCain didn't want Trump at his funeral, but there is no point in doing this flag bullshit.

McCain denounced trump. If Trump would have went overboard, the left/msm would have criticized him equally. He sent out a nice message nearly immediately. That's enough.

Back