Flag back at full staff at White House

lol.

As @Ophydian stated Trump took plenty of pot shots at McCain while he was alive. The man claimed bone spurs deferment allowing him to skip his military duties and then calls a POW not a war hero because he prefers people who aren't captured (direct shot at McCain). The statements he made against POWs aren't even debatable. It is a fact and indefensible. Trump is the last person who should be allowed to show up at any military funeral.

I am not surprised at all that he wasn't invited to McCain's funeral. It is a wonder why you believe otherwise...

It should be pointed out that Trump hates McCain because McCain issued a public rebuke against Trump when Trump publicly attacked a Goldstar family.

Because he is American, he is a hero. Fuck him. And all the people who want to put partisanship aside by worshiping this goof. Virtue signalling. Empty gesture. Why don't you unite on something that actually fuckin matters?

We need more REAL American heroes. Like Mark Zuckerberg and Jeff Bezos.

The Left, people who burn the flag, now give a shit about it?

Regardless, pretty shitty move by Trump. Also pretty shitty move by McCain knowing the media would be able to use it against Trump to score political points. Trump took the bait and looks silly, but when I clicked on this thread I figured it would be at half-staff because of the bullshit in Jacksonville, FL over the weekend. I didn't know it was generally half-staff until someone was in the ground...a full week really does seem like a long time.

I'm not clear on this... Is this an issue because the flag went to half mast, or that it went back up? Generally, I notice a lot of apathy or distaste towards the American flag from a lot of the American left, and yet I see lots of people upset that the flag didn't stay down. Conversely, I've seen endless "support out troops!" rhetoric from the American right and yet I see no shortage of people rationalizing it going back up after the death of an ex soldier, ex presidential candidate, and prominent politician in John McCain. I really can't make heads nor tales out of who is spinning which narrative what way in this case because everyone seems to have thrown their usual talking points out of the window!

Very good points made here and you're right...pure political bullshit from all sides.

Regardless, pretty shitty move by Trump. Also pretty shitty move by McCain knowing the media would be able to use it against Trump to score political points. Trump took the bait and looks silly, but when I clicked on this thread I figured it would be at half-staff because of the bullshit in Jacksonville, FL over the weekend. I didn't know it was generally half-staff until someone was in the ground...a full week really does seem like a long time.

I'm going to be honest. I'm laughing at this. They both look petty, and Republicans are fueding. It is exactly what I hoped would happen when Trump got elected.

The Democrats civil war is down right civil in comparison to the shit flinging the Republicans are engaging in.

Blue wave? More like blue tsunami.

I'm not clear on this... Is this an issue because the flag went to half mast, or that it went back up? Generally, I notice a lot of apathy or distaste towards the American flag from a lot of the American left, and yet I see lots of people upset that the flag didn't stay down. Conversely, I've seen endless "support out troops!" rhetoric from the American right and yet I see no shortage of people rationalizing it going back up after the death of an ex soldier, ex presidential candidate, and prominent politician in John McCain. I really can't make heads nor tails out of who is spinning which narrative what way in this case because everyone seems to have thrown their usual talking points out of the window!

Are any prominent people on the right defending the President's actions here?

I'm going to be honest. I'm laughing at this. They both look petty, and Republicans are fueding. It is exactly what I hoped would happen when Trump got elected.

I'll back you on this...both sides are acting fucking absurd. This is why I try not to get involved in War Room stuff anymore. I don't think anybody has any moral high ground upon which to stand. Everybody is so fucking politically charged about everything it's just a shit show. I have days where I wake up and pop on Sherdog while I'm drinking my morning tea...and then I decide "You know what, I want to have a good day," so I don't click the "Forum" link.

Banning the president from your funeral is so fucking petty I don't even know where to start.

I'm sure it stung thst McCain failed to win the Presidemcy and Trump succeeded, but come on John. That's just pathetic.

I think part of what makes Trump so appealing to many Americans is that he is a powerful billionaire, but he's relatable in that he's not particularly hardworking or focused or brilliant or careful like most other powerful billionaires. Instead, he's what an average American (and the average respondant in this thread thus far) would be if you gave them a billion dollars and a bunch of power. Ignorant, obese, foul, and petty. His most ardent supporters will see nothing wrong with this because this is exactly the sort of pettiness that they direct toward their own enemies. But I think most adults who aren't trash, and who have responsibilities beyond themselves, can see how repulsive this is.

RIP McCain.
{<jordan}

If a Sherdogger won the mega millions and was somehow elected president.

I'll back you on this...both sides are acting fucking absurd. This is why I try not to get involved in War Room stuff anymore. I don't think anybody has any moral high ground upon which to stand. Everybody is so fucking politically charged about everything it's just a shit show. I have days where I wake up and pop on Sherdog while I'm drinking my morning tea...and then I decide "You know what, I want to have a good day," so I don't click the "Forum" link.

Does it even matter til 2020?

Dems are going to take the house. Not enough Senate seats in play for them to take the Senate.

It is what it is until 2020.

With the bickering between the two, Trump shouldnt have been in a massive hurry to raise the flag. He is getting called out for being petty, because he is. He acts like a child way more often than he should.

Do we even lower flags for mass shootings any more? Seems like people aren't shocked by them near as much anymore.

Banning the president from your funeral is so fucking petty I don't even know where to start.

I'm sure it stung thst McCain failed to win the Presidemcy and Trump succeeded, but come on John. That's just pathetic.
I think trump will fit in better when at gary glitter's funeral or someone more like himself. Trump isn't a petty guy he's just a childish hillbilly. You going to find most people don't want that type at their funerals.

As far as I knew, these are two guys who didn't like each other at all and had clashed many times. Is the expectation that the guy is actually expected to invite some guy he didn't like to his funeral because of the guy's station? Isn't that like, political pandering level 100 where you pretend you liked the guy after you're dead? I say screw that - if there is someone I hate I'm going to bar them from my funeral whatever title they hold.

Just another example of our Teenage Girl in Chief being a biggity bitch.

Thumbing your nose at a sitting President as your last official act on this Earth seems peculiar to me.

John McCain decided to literally take his rivalry with President Trump to the grave.

I'm convinced you could look at a wall of black paint and convince yourself it's white

Back