Fixed fights in MMA (video)

Most conspiracy theories on these forums about great PRIDE fighters benefitting from fixes don't even make logical sense. Look at all the fighters I listed before. Why would a Japanese org, partly run by a Japanese crime family, and who's audience is 80-85% Japanese want to fix fights so that the majority of their top fighters are from America, Brazil, and eastern Europe? That makes absolutely no sense. The truth is, the VAST majority of the fights were real and all of the "meaningful" fights were legit.

People that don't except that, just don't want to except that the PRIDE "greats" were actually great.

The fact that a crime syndicate were heavily involved in PRIDE is a prime reason for anyone thinking fights were fixed in that organization before even watching any fights!
It has nothing to do with what nationality the fighters are. It's to do with how much money can be made on being sure of the outcome of a certain fight.

The Japanese fans worship guys from the West. Look at Bob Sapp. One of the most talentless fighters of all time and he was a fucking superstar in Japan.
The nationality of the fighter would have had nothing to do with fixing fights for the most part. As long as the most popular guy wins, who cares.

The fact that a crime syndicate were heavily involved in PRIDE is a prime reason for anyone thinking fights were fixed in that organization before even watching any fights!
It has nothing to do with what nationality the fighters are. It's to do with how much money can be made on being sure of the outcome of a certain fight.

The Japanese fans worship guys from the West. Look at Bob Sapp. One of the most talentless fighters of all time and he was a fucking superstar in Japan.
The nationality of the fighter would have had nothing to do with fixing fights for the most part. As long as the most popular guy wins, who cares.
Yet, none of you care that the Fertitta's are part of one of the oldest Italian crime families in America. Or point to it as a sign of shadiness and fixes.

The fact is, there were very few fixes in PRIDE and nearly none when it came to their real MMA fighters. You still can't point to a single meaningful PRIDE fight or to any of the fights that involved the fighters I've talked about and say they were fixed. Because they weren't. Fedor, Wandi, Rampage, Shogun, the Nogs, Cro Cop, Sakuraba, Hendo, and the list goes on, did not benefit from fixed fights. They won because they were great fighters. Not due to PRIDE "fixes".

Why is there no UFC fights in the video?. Here are some fixed UFC fights that were works...
Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov - UFC 6
Don Frye vs Mark Hall - UFC Ultimate Ultimate 96
Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman - UFC 50

thats some I know of, but there are probably more..

There is a MMA fighter Tony Bonello who used to fix a lot of his fights, most of his fights were works...
Travis Lutter vs marvin Eastman is not a work.

There have and always will be fixing. Good thing is it happens rarely and can be spotted.

Do i believe there is fixed fights in zuffa controlled ufc? No,i dont believe it. You have a company that had shady things going on in it like Elitexc and it is so easy to tell whats fishy and what isnt. I never really saw anything in the UFC like that,and for all of Dana's lies i truly believe he gets angry when he sees this not just because their the competition but he spent alot of time and money trying to give a good image of the sport,to get it sanctioned and these guys set the sport back with these antics. UFC has way too much to lose to risk fight fixing,when everyone with two eyes can tell whats what. They risk losing everything. You think if they could fix fights that Ronda would ever lose? and who would even go along with that anyway. Get your head outta yer asses folks.

As far as pride goes,i dont think there were that many fixed fights either. They absolutley did shady things and had referees who could help "influence" things to go the way they wanted though. K-1 was even worse. Did guys actually take dives? i think it was very rarely. Stefan Leko's mma fights seemed very suspicious.

that Prochazka/Ishii fight has always been overblown. Anybody who legitimately believes that was a thrown fight is a sham artist. It's almost like Ishii is horrified of getting hit, got hit and thrown off balance, then was knocked out immediately afterwards because he sucks. Same with Shamrock/Kimbo - People have a hard on for saying any fight outside the ufc with a weird finish is fixed. People on the UG were insisting that Doug Marshall getting KO'd by Manhoef was fake, people insisted that Shlemenko/Tito was fake. It's blatantly obvious when there is a suspect fight and when there isn't, go watch Shamrock/Hume from Pancrase, and tell me that's at all similar to Shamrock/Kimbo.

This video really isn't very good. It doesn't address a whole lot that isn't super common knowledge. We know Takada/Coleman was fixed, It shouldn't even be considered an mma fight. But these are the easiest and most well known fights to point out. Nobody should get credit for saying that Bob Sapp takes dives. We know.

Thats not how I remember it. They were both under the same manager who was sleezy. He threatened to make sure to black list Anthony's career if he doesn't help out oleg and just take the dive. That seems right but who knows.
Thats possible but I never heard anything about all of that.I know Macias and Oleg was friends and trained a little together because they talked about it back then.

Not only 2 men sport... I don't know fix in baseball or soccer? There's plenty of it just google it

So far I don't see any fix in the UFC, if they did both Ronda, and Conor won't lose!
Saying UFC has fixed fight is a disgrace to all the fighters and UFC brand, u better have solid proof before making shit comment like this
Even in a court of civil law, absolute proof is not needed. I based my assumption on the Preponderance of Evidence. Go look that up, after you get down off your High Horse. There has never been a two person sport that hasn't had it's share of fixing. I also gave enough reason on how it would be done, in standing only fights. This is why so many wrestlers and solid BJJ guys are on the outside looking in. IE Khabib, and Mia. There are countless title fights that never go to the ground, and if that is not reason enough for a discussion about fixed fights, then I don't know what more that needs to be offered to you. I have never understood how a topic could never be discussed, because its extreme implications . Why? Do you think Dana, or any fighter in the UFC would be offended by what some dumb dumb such as myself, has to say on Sherdog?

I like how people jumped on my Conor examples yet didn't say a thing about the showtime kick or Luke blatantly nodding at Vitor and setting up that kick perfectly. :cool:
Lol. Why would Luke vitor be fixed? With a fuckin nod. Lol.

I believe that fixed fights still happens today. The UFC does it by, standing only... but it's still fixed. I love the UFC, because It's brought appreciation to the sport. I Feel as though, you can't have a 2 person sport, with money involved. There WILL always be THE FIX, no matter who the promoter is.

Ask me what I would do for $8,000,000.... Then ask a fighter, who normally gets paid $20,000-$80,000, who doesn't have a retirement, healthcare, training camp fees paid for, or a way to support his family after his fighting is over, what he would do?
Who is paying for the fix and why?

Lol. Why would Luke vitor be fixed? With a fuckin nod. Lol.

First of all, the fight was a main event in Brazil. Vitor was also coming off the big knockout on Bisping and UFC probably wanted to make a KO streak and build some serious hype. Considering how much they like rematches, this also set up a good one after Rockhold got some wins under his belt. Of course plans frequently change and Luke and Vitor went in different directions, but the nod still stands out to me.

First of all, the fight was a main event in Brazil. Vitor was also coming off the big knockout on Bisping and UFC probably wanted to make a KO streak and build some serious hype. Considering how much they like rematches, this also set up a good one after Rockhold got some wins under his belt. Of course plans frequently change and Luke and Vitor went in different directions, but the nod still stands out to me.

Cmon. It's ridiculous. The upside of vitor knocking off a good looking young American contender is so low and to have it fixed with a nod for all to see???? It's just an absurd premise. The one thing that could destroy the UFC done in full view with little to gain. How can you think that's plausible?

Why is there no UFC fights in the video?. Here are some fixed UFC fights that were works...
Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov - UFC 6
Don Frye vs Mark Hall - UFC Ultimate Ultimate 96
Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman - UFC 50

thats some I know of, but there are probably more..

There is a MMA fighter Tony Bonello who used to fix a lot of his fights, most of his fights were works...
I don't remember the lutter/eastman fight. What was shady about it?

Hominick/edwards was arguably fixed too considering the method of victory, everything leading up to the sub, and the alleged group of people that reportedly bet about 300k on +680 hominick minutes before the fight started.

While some of McGregors other fights may have looked like Dives, I thought the Alvarez KO was pretty legit. Watch it in slow mo... He took four good solid shots to the head. ;)
Mendes got paid handsomely in his loss. I also refuse to believe that a fighter with that notable cardio got tired after 1 round despite being on top for as long as he was.

Who is paying for the fix and why?
Who? This guy.
Dana-White.jpg

Why? I could give you 4.2 billion reasons why.

Who? This guy.
Dana-White.jpg

Why? I could give you 4.2 billion reasons why.

Lol. Those are reasons not to risk illegally fixing fights for modest if any gain. Again it's the one thing that could destroy the whole thing.

You do know that the Fertitta's are a Mafia family, right?

I don't believe a lot of fights are fixed. Organizations will lose their license if they are found to have taken part in something like that. That said, I always thought it was weird when Sam Stout nodded at KJ Noons, then got KTFO! I still think maybe something shady was going on there.

Back