Fixed fights in MMA (video)

Chivas GDL

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
I was watching random videos in youtube and found this one about fixed fights in MMA. Makes Rizin and Bellator look like a joke.

Do you agree with the fights mentioned here?

Got about 10 seconds deep into the vid before I quit. This is kinda thread-worthy, though. Maybe post another thread or edit this one, TS?

Why is there no UFC fights in the video?. Here are some fixed UFC fights that were works...
Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov - UFC 6
Don Frye vs Mark Hall - UFC Ultimate Ultimate 96
Travis Lutter vs Martin Eastman - UFC 50

thats some I know of, but there are probably more..

There is a MMA fighter Tony Bonello who used to fix a lot of his fights, most of his fights were works...

You could do a video just with Pride fights alone. Pancrase, too. Both organizations were illegitimate.

Why is there no UFC fights in the video?. Here are some fixed UFC fights that were works...

There is a MMA fighter Tony Bonello who used to fix a lot of his fights, most of his fights were works...

Sean Salmon and Bob Sapp have a ton of fixed/thrown fights on their resume.

takada/coleman 100% was fixed.

shamrock/kimbo was 100% not fixed.

Anthony Macias vs Oleg Taktarov was clearly fixed

Didn't Ken Shamrock have a suspicious fight with Rich Franklin?

How are you sure that Lutter Vs Eastman was fixed? Sure it looked like the punch barely landed but how do you know it's fixed?

Shamrock and Kimbo clinched head to head for a while like pro wrestlers do to talk and plan the moves, also the way Ken was unable to finish the RNC on grappling scrub kimbo was incredible

Eddie got a couple million to take a dive

While some of McGregors other fights may have looked like Dives, I thought the Alvarez KO was pretty legit. Watch it in slow mo... He took four good solid shots to the head. ;)

The Petruzeli / Slice situation wasn't an example of fixing a fight exactly the promoters just wanted him to stand and bang for an exciting fight - they shouldn't have done that but it's not the same as fixing the outcome. Seth won that fight legit.

Conor's whole UFC career. The only legit fights he had was when he got strangled like a $5 hooker 3 times and beat by that flyweight.

Oh and him getting KTFO in sparring.

If you listen closely, you can hear Ken say 'Do it by the cage' seconds before the finish.
Never heard this theory before. Having rewatched this, I don't believe the words are spoken by Shamrock. (Nor would it even make sense for him to have said that, since he was already next to the cage.)

It's entirely possible the words uttered are "let go of the cage" by the ref.

Back