Fixed fight? What do you think?

Not me. I'm familiar enough with Price to know that he can definitely punch. He's heavy handed and a HUGE guy.
Yeah, he's got a monster right hand.
I've heard a couple hws in interviews say just his jab alone hits stupid hard when he connects...one of those downward straight rights from the sky would suuck to get smacked with

I've heard a couple hws in interviews say just his jab alone hits stupid hard when he connects...one of those downward straight rights from the sky would suuck to get smacked with
Most definitely.

The most famous/infamous story about Price is that he knocked out AJ in sparring in 2011. AJ was still an amateur when it happened. AJ confirmed it and so did his trainer. There are a couple other stories behind Price but that's the most well known of them.

Dave Allen looks like Post Malone is Post Malone wasn't a rapper and didn't train for boxing.

On another note, I was thinking today about Danny Green vs. Paul Briggs back in 2010. What's the consensus on that fight? I know Briggs had neurological issues before the fight, and seem to just short circuit the moment a jab was given by Green.

What made it super weird was how Danny Green behaved. He knew Briggs situation beforehand, still signed to fight the guy, but the moment that happens? He hams it up, plays the hero in the whole sham. He starts a pro wrestling promo, calling a guy who should've never been in the ring to begin with.

So, was that one Brigged(had to)?

Dave Allen looks like Post Malone is Post Malone wasn't a rapper and didn't train for boxing.

On another note, I was thinking today about Danny Green vs. Paul Briggs back in 2010. What's the consensus on that fight? I know Briggs had neurological issues before the fight, and seem to just short circuit the moment a jab was given by Green.

What made it super weird was how Danny Green behaved. He knew Briggs situation beforehand, still signed to fight the guy, but the moment that happens? He hams it up, plays the hero in the whole sham. He starts a pro wrestling promo, calling a guy who should've never been in the ring to begin with.

Briggs was desperate for money around the time from all accounts and in no fit state mentally to fight. Was begging mundine for a fight, mundine felt sorry for him and ended up giving him a fair chunk of change apparently. I like green but it was well known briggs was a mess at the time and I didnt like the fact he called him a dog etc. In the ring afterwards. Briggs has landed on his feet and runs a gym in qld now which is good.

Spot on, bro.
While Pricey may have a very dodgy chin he can definitely fight a bit & has damn good power.
He fucked up Povetkin for a little while in their fight with his power. Before the fight I was thinking he had 0% chance of beating him, he did that, I started going mental, and then the inevitable let down lol

He fucked up Povetkin for a little while in their fight with his power. Before the fight I was thinking he had 0% chance of beating him, he did that, I started going mental, and then the inevitable let down lol
That was a horrible ko...

Chisora was above average in brutality as well.

That's what i mean by his chin....like he loses consciousness on his feet. He doesn't go down when "he should" and takes heinous ass whippings because of it

not at all, that’s the level difference between a top european heavyweight and .500 record tough journeyman that can give u a look or 2 for the first couple rounds and then immediately deteriorates. Dave worked him over fine.

Did you ever get those custom gloves ?

not at all, that’s the level difference between a top european heavyweight and .500 record tough journeyman that can give u a look or 2 for the first couple rounds and then immediately deteriorates. Dave worked him over fine.
Dave Allen is not a top European hw.

Europe has most of the best heavyweights. Dave Allen is a funny guy with moderate fighting ability and nothing more.

Top euro heavyweight....pahahaha

Spot on, bro.
While Pricey may have a very dodgy chin he can definitely fight a bit & has damn good power.
Makes sense, I’ve seen similar things in amateur kickboxing. After a couple of rounds of being on the wrong end of an ass beating can make a guy look for an easy out.

Whoa, long time no see. Where you been at?
Livin life man. Just remembered this account & thought I’d dust the ole thing off a bit, see what sherdog boxing IQ is looking like these days.

doesnt look like a work. looks like a guy that is sloppy but has some ok head movement against a total bum.

I don't believe Green was in on it. I'm not even 100% sure that Briggs wasn't actually hurt by the glancing blow. That guy had been in some hellacious wars over the years. He may have had some issue before the fight.

Looks like a dive but when the guy going down has been denied a license to fight because of the beatings he's taken, who knows? I've seen a few fights over the years where guys who could take a shot in one fight suddenly couldn't.

I don't believe Green was in on it. I'm not even 100% sure that Briggs wasn't actually hurt by the glancing blow. That guy had been in some hellacious wars over the years. He may have had some issue before the fight.

Looks like a dive but when the guy going down has been denied a license to fight because of the beatings he's taken, who knows? I've seen a few fights over the years where guys who could take a shot in one fight suddenly couldn't.

I always thought he did as it looked he did, and he just couldn't take a punch. I put that shit alllll on Green and his team for taking that fight to begin with.

I was happy when Antonio Tarver knocked him out. When was the last time anyone even cared what Antonio Tarver did?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back