Fixed fight? What do you think?

You guys are ignoring Dave's improved slickness and defense but ok

not at all, that’s the level difference between a top european heavyweight and .500 record tough journeyman that can give u a look or 2 for the first couple rounds and then immediately deteriorates. Dave worked him over fine.

not at all, that’s the level difference between a top european heavyweight and .500 record tough journeyman that can give u a look or 2 for the first couple rounds and then immediately deteriorates. Dave worked him over fine.

Are you for real? Completely fixed. There is actual some footage online showing Darch say something to Allen before the KO. Can’t find it at the mo. It’s a fucking disgrace!

Nah you're just saying that because the fighter you don't like won.

Are you for real? Completely fixed. There is actual some footage online showing Darch say something to Allen before the KO. Can’t find it at the mo. It’s a fucking disgrace!
Margarito smiled dismissively as Mosley proceeded to give him a career altering beatdown. You’re taught not to show pain when you’re hurt over years and thousands of rounds of sparring in the gym. he was getting toyed with and then started getting beat up in round 3 which is when 90% of basic guys gas..... that’s what i saw anyway.

I did think it looked odd at the time.

Dave Allens career has been strange really. Hes not very good and has clear issues outside of the ring with his discipline and mental state. But the fans like him and hes alright for domestic level so Eddie gives him a lot of chances and tbf hes probably made more money than his talent would normally command. The Price fight was rough to watch though, it was pretty much a guy who had built up some confidence and momentum having a faded gatekeeper violently remind him of his ceiling. You could tell Allen genuinely did think he had a chance of winning that fight, and the sheer outclassing he faced hit him hard.

Whoa, long time no see. Where you been at?

Darch has a tramp stamp (whatever the male equivalent is called). He deserved to lose!

That struck me as odd too, but the fight ended in the third so someone lost money. :)

At the time I just thought Allen was clowning and was given a bollocking by his corner after the second so came out better in the third.

Fix feels very plausible though.

I wouldn't be surprised either. I don't believe it's some huge, mafia corruption type of fix, if it is. At most, Allen blabbing to his friends and agreeing with his pal a way for them both to make a few more k.

Eddie Hearn is now working with the BBBOC to investigate it, which means like with Whyte's drug test failure, this will probably just fade away.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sk...rtant8217-to-investigate-dave-allen-fix-claim

Darch has a tramp stamp (whatever the male equivalent is called). He deserved to lose!

There is no male equivalent. When you get one you have to turn in your man card. I don’t understand how this was even sanctioned.

There is no male equivalent. When you get one you have to turn in your man card. I don’t understand how this was even sanctioned.
Breaking: Matchroom's Eddie Hearn cancels bout and vehemently apologizes to boxing community over recent signee's apparent "tramp stamp". Dave Allen's anticipated return on hold as suitable replacement is found, sources tell Sherdog.

David Price's jab is like getting hit with a normal straight. That's being a bit harsh.

If a 6'9 gigantic human being knocks you out then that just makes you mortal...

Spot on, bro.
While Pricey may have a very dodgy chin he can definitely fight a bit & has damn good power.

Spot on, bro.
While Pricey may have a very dodgy chin he can definitely fight a bit & has damn good power.
Yeah his chin is weird...he can withstand an outrageous beating Jess Willard style and survive for awhile but once you crack him, he's done it seems...like it's just a matter of how you finish

I bet it'd surprise you how high Price would rank in 1 punch power.

I bet he's top 5 at worst. Maybe top.3.

Being around the game as long as I have, I've seen dozens upon dozens of these sorts of contests. I wouldn't call them fixed fights because the results aren't exactly prearranged but the outcomes are inevitable because of the disparity in talent levels so the opponent just finds a "soft spot" on the canvas to go down on rather than take a beating or being violently concussed. It's just a part of the game with these sorts of lower-level showcase fights. They are what they are.

I bet it'd surprise you how high Price would rank in 1 punch power.

I bet he's top 5 at worst. Maybe top.3.
Not me. I'm familiar enough with Price to know that he can definitely punch. He's heavy handed and a HUGE guy.

Back