Fixed fight, put my name on it

For you TS

CetL566.png
g338iwi116w31.jpg

Waaah! I cry foul! It was fixed.

Settle down little baby. The king is back.

{<redford}

{<Mcgoat}

Shattering Cowboy's nose with shoulder strikes was pre-planned?

Well, at least they were creative with it.

fact is this...no matter how conor won....people would say it was fixed....and they know it. even herb dean let the fight go on longer than normal...cerrone was taking some big shots on the ground...he was a bloody mess.

No, you just wanted Conor to lose.

Cowboy's a legend but his chin is gone and he's on the back 9 of his career. This was not a surprising result in the least.

Only fix here is in Cowboy being a great match up for him, same as Justin Gaejthe is.

You realize that the point of fixing fights is to have the underdog win, right? Anyone with a brain knew that Conor was a terrible stylistic matchup for Cowboy and the odds reflected that.

Also when fights are fixed they do it with fights that won't draw too much attention to them. Not with the friggin biggest fight of the year.
I think you are assuming a fixed fight is only fixed so you can bet on it and win big. But what happens is that a fighter is built up over time in "Fixed" fights and made to look like a world beater. Then a massive underdog gets the upset. That type of scenario is usually a series of "Fixed" fights.

This case would be more a case of the UFC/WME protecting the Golden Goose. They aren't putting Conor in with true WWs. They aren't putting him in with Jon Fitch circa 2008. The grinding wrestler who isn't easily finished with strikes.

I don't think it was "Fixed" in the sense of Ceronne being given an envelope and told when to take a dive. Opponent selection was a big part of it and having it be a pair of LWs fighting at WW gave all sorts of room for Conor to make claims to the good or bad depending on the outcome.

Still that series of shoulder strikes was brilliant. I actually thought Conor tried to pull a Masvidal move as he seemed to telegraph that opening left hand and followed it with a knee that came close.

I think you are assuming a fixed fight is only fixed so you can bet on it and win big. But what happens is that a fighter is built up over time in "Fixed" fights and made to look like a world beater. Then a massive underdog gets the upset. That type of scenario is usually a series of "Fixed" fights.

This case would be more a case of the UFC/WME protecting the Golden Goose. They aren't putting Conor in with true WWs. They aren't putting him in with Jon Fitch circa 2008. The grinding wrestler who isn't easily finished with strikes.

I don't think it was "Fixed" in the sense of Ceronne being given an envelope and told when to take a dive. Opponent selection was a big part of it and having it be a pair of LWs fighting at WW gave all sorts of room for Conor to make claims to the good or bad depending on the outcome.

Still that series of shoulder strikes was brilliant. I actually thought Conor tried to pull a Masvidal move as he seemed to telegraph that opening left hand and followed it with a knee that came close.

Setting up easier matchups isn't fight fixing. That's actually pretty normal in mma and boxing. Actual fight fixing is illegal.

Setting up easier matchups isn't fight fixing. That's actually pretty normal in mma and boxing. Actual fight fixing is illegal.
Yeah I am aware. I stated in my post that I don't think it was "Fixed".

But the UFC was built on the best fighting the best. They were pretty vocal that "This isn't boxing" with 40-0 fighters with padded records who never fight the best opponents.

Yeah I am aware. I stated in my post that I don't think it was "Fixed".

But the UFC was built on the best fighting the best. They were pretty vocal that "This isn't boxing" with 40-0 fighters with padded records who never fight the best opponents.

They do eventually for the most part. Conor next opponent is likely going to be either Khabib, Usman or Masvidal. Boxing's issue is that the top guys never fight each other.

They do eventually for the most part. Conor next opponent is likely going to be either Khabib, Usman or Masvidal. Boxing's issue is that the top guys never fight each other.
There is no chance Conor is booked to fight Usman. He is a bigger version of Khabib. I don't think Conor will get a Khabib fight next either as I expect Khabib will pursue a GSP fight with a win over Tony. Masvidal would be interesting but I think Conor would insist it be at 155 if he thought the weight cut would hinder Mas. I suspect he either fights Gathje, Dustin or Diaz.

Back